Chapter 18

Love is..

 

Kyuhyun slowly opened his eyes.. ‘Where am I?’ thought Kyuhyun.. It’s not his home.. Not the place that he used to see everyday..

He sat and tried to remembering what happened last night.. He felt something hurt in his chest.. That’s right.. Ryeowook.. He closed his eyes once again, hoping the memories will just fade away.. He didn’t want to remember it anymore..

“So you’re already awake, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun turned to see the owner of the voice.. Sungmin was standing there in the kitchen, holding a plate..

“Hyung.. I’m…”

Before Kyuhyun could finish his sentences, Sungmin offered the plate that he’s holding, which consist 3 sandwiches.. “Take some, Kyu.. I don’t have anything for breakfast, though.. Only this.. Sorry..”

Full of thanks because Sungmin didn’t talk about last night incident, Kyuhyun grabbed that sandwich.. He didn’t feel that hungry, but at least his mouth will have something to do.. He didn’t want the memories of last night torment him again.. That’s already enough..

“What time is it, hyung?” asked Kyuhyun suddenly.. He just remembered that they have a class today..

“Well.. It’s already too late to go to school, though..” said Sungmin calmly..

Kyuhun just nodded.. He didn’t plan to go to school today, though.. He don’t know what should he say to Ryeowook anymore.. Deep inside his heart, he was grateful that Sungmin was there, although it was meant that Sungmin also skipped today’s class as well..

“Sorry, hyung.. I made you skipped today’s class..”

Sungmin just laughed.. “That’s not a big problem, Kyu.. Today’s class isn’t  important at all.. Besides, I was thankful that you woke up late so I have a reason for skipping class..”

Kyuhyun forced a laugh.. And ate his sandwich..

“But, Kyu.. It’s better to talk with Ryeowook about this problem.. You can’t ran away from this one, Kyu..” said Sungmin..

“I.. I don’t know what I should say to him, hyung..”

“Don’t think too much.. Just talk to him and I believe everything will be okay.. You want to know the truth right? If you feel that you’re not ready to talk with him directly, you two can always talk by phone, you know..”

Kyuhyun just nodded.. Stared at his phone on the table.. Sould he call Ryeowook now? What happen if he knew the truth?

“Kyu.. Ryeowook must be have a reason behind his actions.. He’s not the guy that will leave you just like that.. He love you so much, which I believe that you’ve already known..”

Kyuhyun grabbed his phone.. But he just stared blankly at it.. He didn’t have any courage to dial Ryeowook’s number.. He’s too afraid to knew the truth..

Suddenly, his phone ringing.. Displaying Ryeowook’s name in his phone’s screen..

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin in confussion.. He still hasn’t ready to talk with Ryeowook yet.. Sungmin just smiled and shrugged his shoulder.. Leaving the decision on Kyuhyun alone.. Kyuhyun took a deep breath.. Calming his mind for a second..

“Hello?”

“Kyuuu!! What happened to you? Why are you skipping class?”

Kyuhyun heard Ryeowook’s voice.. The voice that he missed so much, the voice that he loved so much.. The voice that full of worriedness.. Ryeowook still care about him, at least.. “I’m feel a little bit unwell, Wookie-ah.. That’s why I decided to skip today’s class..”

“Then, just sleep, okay? Do you want me to cook something for you? I can come to your place later and make you some food..”

Kyuhyun smiled bitterly.. Is he have to pretend to be this sick to get Ryeowook’s attention back? “Don’t worry, Wook.. I just need to sleep some more and I’ll be better..”

“Are you sure, Kyu?”

“Yeah.. Don’t worry too much about me, Wookie.. I’m not a little kid anymore,” said Kyuhyun, forcing a laugh..

Well.. If you’re that sure..”

 Kyuhyun took a deep breath.. This is the time.. “By the way.. I want to ask you something.. What are you doing last night, Wookie-ah? I tried to calling you but you didn’t answer..”

It was a lame question with a lame excuse, of course.. But he can’t bring himself to ask him directly..

“I’m sorry, Kyu.. I’m too tired last night.. That’s why I go to sleep early..”

Kyuhyun frowned hearing Ryeowook’s answer..

“Kyu.. I’m sorry that I can’t talk to you a little bit more.. The teacher is already here.. Bye, Kyu… Get well soon.. I love you, Kyu..” And Ryeowook ended their conversation..

Kyuhyun broke into tears at that time.. Ryeowook lied to him.. Why did he have to lie? If there was nothing, why didn’t he tell him the truth? So.. It is true.. It is true that Ryeowook has cheated on him.. He went with Yesung and didn’t tell him anything..

“Kyu..”

Kyuhyun turned and saw Sungmin sat beside him.. His gentle hand Kyuhyun’s back.. Trying to give him the strength.. But Kyuhyun only feel nothing.. His body feels numb.. He can’t feel anything besides the pain in his chest and the emptiness in his heart.. He’s already lost Ryeowook.. After all this time, he loved Ryeowook so much.. And now, Ryeowook easily left him.. Ryeowook easily lied to him.. What the hell did he do wrong so that he deserved this pain? If Ryeowook loved Yesung so much, why didn’t he say anything? Why did he easily still can say ‘I love you’ to Kyuhyun?

“I love you, Kyu..”

That words still hanging into Kyuhyun’s mind.. Repeating same words over and over again.. And in the last, it will lost its meaning.. No.. For Kyuhyun, that words already lost a meaning.. Saying ‘I love you’ without any feeling.. How can Ryeowook still say that thing to him? Didn’t he know that it hurts Kyuhyun so much.. That’s the word that he didn’t want to hear, but also the words that he missed so much..

Kyuhyun can feel Sungmin’s arms wrapped his body.. Pulling him into a hug..

“You know, hyung.. Now I regretted everything.. I hate myself for knowing everything.. Before even Ryeowook tell me the truth by himself..“ whispered Kyuhyun..

Sungmin pulled him closer, he hugged Kyuhyun tighter.. “Don’t cry, Kyu.. Don’t cry.. Maybe you’ve lost Ryeowook.. But you still have me here, Kyu..”

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

There will be a slight Kyumin, though.. But believe me.. The ending will still be Kyuwook.. ^^