Bumping Into Your Future Mother-In-Law

A Maid for Exo

You walked into you home with silent steps. “Jieun is that you?” You smiled and walked into the living room. “I thought you would be sleeping, it’s late.” “I couldn’t go to sleep until you would come home safe.” She smiled. You held her hand, “I bought your medicine today.” You grabbed her arm and placed the medicine in her hand, “This is the medicine the doctor recommended. You have to drink it everyday after meals okay?” “How was school?” She asked.

“It was fine” You smiled. “And work?” She asked.

“Um, they’re transferring me to another store” You lied. You didn’t want to get her worried. “Maybe you should quit your job and concentrate on your studies.” She said in a worried tone. “Then, who would pay for your medicine?”

“I’m fine. I don’t need medicine” She said caressed your hair. “No, mom. I promised you that I would work hard and buy you medicine and food.” “Honey-”

“It’s okay, mom.” You hugged her, “And you should go to sleep. It’s late young lady.” She smiled and hugged you tightly, “I don’t know what I would do without you…”

You hugged just as tight, “I love you mom.”

She smiled and a tear fell, “Thank you, Jieun-ah~”

You patted her back, “Okay, go to sleep.”

You helped her into her room and tucked her in.

You kissed her cheek before you walked to the living room.

You jumped on the bed and reached for the newspaper on the coffee table. You flipped the page to the job section.

You reached for a pen and started looking for some options.

“Hmmm, a cashier? Not a bad idea and it’s not far” You circled it.

Through out the whole night, you kept looking for another job to apply for. You had circled around six. You glanced at the clock it was one in the morning. “Time to go to sleep.” You grabbed your blanket and laid on the beaten couch.

You closed your eyes and drifted the sleep.

-----

You woke up, got ready, and went to school.

Through out the whole day, you kept thinking about what job you were going to end up, but most importantly how much money you would earn. If you would have enough to buy food and medicine for your mom. You kept tapping your pencil on your chin, “Otokae?” Eunbi looked at you while chewing on her food, “What?” You scribbled a couple of places to look for a job in your notebook. “Look you can work for me as my personal maid” Eunbi said. You shook your head, “No, your house is too far.” “I have a friend that lives close here maybe she can get a you a job.” Eunbi sipped on her orange juice. You put your notebook and pencil away and began to eat. “Really? That would help!” She nodded, “I’ll call her after school.”

“Thank you, thank you!” You smiled.

As usual, a shrieking yelp was heard in the cafeteria. You rolled your eyes and send a deadly glare, but she just ignored and kept squealing. Kai walked in the cafeteria. “Oh great…” You started to pick up your stuff, “I’m going to class early.” Eunbi nodded, “See you later!”

You waved and ran to the back of the school, your favorite place. It had a beautiful garden with a Sakura tree right next to it. You walked towards it and sat on the ground, your back leaning on the tree. You rested your head on your knees and sighed, “Gosh…”

“Hey” A voice called. You looked up and blinked, “Yes?”

Luhan tilted his head and sat next to you, “This is my spot.” “No, I come here all the time” You said. He chuckled, “I was kidding.” You didn’t laugh.

“Hi, my name is Luhan” He extended his hand. You glanced at and shook it, “Jieun.” He pulled out a small bag from his backpack and opened it. “Do you want some?” “What is it?” “Cheese crackers” He answered. You shook your head and rested your head on the tree. “Quiet isn’t it?”

You nodded.

It was silent, but not awkward.

A few minutes pass by, “Luhan!”

Luhan looked up, “Oh, Sehun-ah.” Sehun ran towards him and stopped when he noticed you. You looked at him with an expressionless face. “Sehun this is Jieun.”

He didn’t greet you.

You got up, swung your backpack over your shoulder, and walked away. “It was nice meeting you!” Luhan yelled. Sehun glanced at you, “You know Jieun?” “Just met her” Luhan picked up his backpack. Sehun felt a tad jealous, “So, what did she say?” Luhan shook his head, “She doesn’t talk much, why so curious?”

“Never mind lets go class” Sehun walked away. Luhan chuckled and followed him.

-----

“Gosh, where am I going to find a job?” You wondered around the city with a newspaper in your hand. Through out the whole day you went to every store to get a job, but bad luck was on your side.

You hung your head and walked forward.

You walked home with sad steps.

“How am I going to survive if I don’t have a job?” You mumbled.

You looked up and noticed that you were in the wrong street. Everything was high class instead of normal house there were huge mansions. “It would be cool to live in a mansion.” With a sigh, you spun and bumped into someone. The newspaper flew out of your hand, you quickly got up and helped the woman you bumped into. “I’m so sorry!” You apologized with a bow.

“It’s okay, it was my fault,” She said. You picked up the newspaper and bowed once more, “S-sorry.” She shook her head and smiled, “its fine.”

An idea popped into your head, “Er, can I ask you a question?” She nodded, “Go ahead.”

“Do you know if anybody is hiring maids around this street?” You asked with hope. “You’re looking for a job? Aren’t you a little young?” “I am young, but I am very dedicated.” She smiled, “Hmmm, I’m actually hiring maids.”

You smiled widely, “Really?!” She nodded, “Yes would you like to work for me?” You nodded without hesitation, “Y-yes! When can I start?” “Come to my house tomorrow at four in the afternoon and I will explain all the procedures.” She handed you her card. “You’ll probably start next week, okay?” You smiled, “Thank you so much!”

“See you tomorrow” She smiled.

You bowed 90 degrees, “Thank you!”

She walked away.

You spun around in happiness, “Yes!”

You started to run back home with excitement.

-----

“I’m hungry” Sehun said while driving, “Do you want to get a burger?” “Don’t you think you’re eating to much? Everyday at this certain time you go eat. You’ll end up like a marshmallow” Luhan said. Sehun rolled his eyes, “Are you hungry or not? I’ll take you home.” Luhan shook his head, “Whatever just go.” He drove towards the restaurant you use to work for. He parked the car and got out.

With Luhan right behind him, he walked to the restaurant only to find it close. Sehun’s eyes furrowed, “What the…”

Luhan peeked inside, “Everything is empty.” Sehun noticed a paper that read foreclosure. “Foreclosure?” Luhan looked around, “Hey, there’s dukkbokki stand. Let’s go eat there.” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, “Then where is she going to work at?” “What? Come on! I’m hungry!” Luhan pulled him.

“Can I get two plates of dukkbokki?” Luhan ordered. Sehun was still in deep thought, ‘Where the hell is she?’

Luhan snapped his finger in front of Sehun snapping him out of his thought. “Eat, it’s going to get cold.”

----

Sorry for any mistakes! Please comment and sub!