Chapter 4

Going Insane

Kayeon’s POV

School ended and I haven’t seen Jinyoung around at all since this morning.  It’s like he disappeared.  It was until I spotted him by the school gates with 4 others guys.  2 of them I recognize as Baro and Sandeul.  I told Sungjae to go find Ilhoon and he did so I walked over to Jinyoung and his friends.

“Oh Kayeonnie!” Sandeul exclaimed.

“Kayeonnie?”

“You like it? I’m going to call you that from now on.”

“Okay…”

“Great!” He said and jumped into the air.

“Yah hyung, stop being so weird.” The younger looking one commented.  “I’m Gongchan by the way! Nice to meet you!”

“I’m Shinwoo, but everyone calls me CNU.” The one with glasses introduced. 

“Hi, I’d introduce myself but I’m guessing Sandeul and Baro sunbaenim already talked about me…” I trailed off.

“They have, don’t worry.  I’m guessing you want Jinyoung hyung?” Gongchan asked and I nodded.

They all got together before introducing who they actually were as a group just like BtoB did earlier today.

“Let’s Fly B1A4! Annyeonghaseyo B1A4-imida!” They called before Jinyoung waved goodbye to his friends and we both met up with Ilhoon and Sungjae.  Sungjae and Ilhoon were walking behind us.

“Jinyoung-ssi?”

“Hmm?”

“How come you and Ilhoon don’t get along?”

“Well, there are lots of reasons why I don’t like him.  He forgets things easily, like when you and mom were starting to live with us.  I told him that a few days ahead of time too.  Then there’s the fact that he’s lazy.  He brings Sungjae over just so he can sit around and do nothing like last night when we were moving in your stuff.  Overall, it’s his attitude at home.  He thinks he’s so perfect but he really can’t do anything at home.”

“Jinja?”

“What? You didn’t see all of that happen yesterday did you?”

“I did but I thought it was just an act.  Is that it?”

“That’s the only thing I have against him if that’s what you’re trying to say.”

“So that’s how he is at home? He’s so different at school.  He helped me today though.”

“Really?” Jinyoung asked and I nodded.  We walked the rest of the way home in silence but we heard chatter from behind us because of Ilhoon and Sungjae.  I opened the door and I found mom was home.

“Umma, did you find a job around here?” I asked her.

“Ne, I did.  I’m working as the supervisor of the mall down the street.”

“The whole mall or just 1 store?”

“The whole mall, silly.” My mom replied and I completely gawked at her.  We’ve only been here a day and she’s the supervisor of the mall.  I guess it depends on how big the mall is…

“Ilhoon-ssi, is the mall around here big?” I asked him.

“It’s pretty big if you ask me, but since I’ve been here longer than you have, it’s a bit small.”

“Why? Do you want to go shopping soon?” Sungjae butted in.  I shook my head and saw him give his duck pout.


Sungjae went home after dinner and I wasn’t getting a bad impression from my brothers.  I grew bored of my homework so I decided to give myself a tour of the house.  It was bigger than I expected.   We had a panic room in the panic room.  Story short, this house was huge.  It’s like a modernized castle.  I tried to find my way back to my room and failed trying.  I basically got lost. I went from door to door and just ended up finding the rooms I’ve been in before except for one that surprised me entirely.  It looked like appa’s old office.  Although it wasn’t full of pictures of friends or co-workers like I expected. 

It was filled with pictures of our family when I was just born.  So appa was around then? Is that why I can’t remember him?

I walked around the office and I find picture of me just a few years ago.  Did mom send these? At the corner of the desk, I found an envelope with my old address on it.  It looked like it was about to be sent.  I opened it and found a letter with a picture of appa, Jinyoung, and Ilhoon.  I opened up the letter and found out it was for mom. 

Yeobo-ah,

I hope you’re taking care of little Yeonnie well. 
It’s the best solution for now. 
I hope he doesn’t find her anytime soon. 
Not until she knows the truth that is, especially about his personality. 
You know I love you!

Yours truly

So appa and umma still loved each other, but they separated for my safety?  I wondered about the “he” appa was talking about.  There were too many questions without any answers.  Why couldn’t I remember anything from when I was 3?

I put everything back to its original place and left the room.  I turned the corner and bumped into Ilhoon.

“What are you doing down here?” He asked.

“I was exploring the house.” I replied.

“Find anything interesting?”

“Yea, the panic room in the panic room.  What’s that for?”

“Yo- It’s just in case anything happens.”

“Okay then…”

“Well then, I’ll be going.” He said and was about to turn until I took a hold of his arm.  “What?”

“Well, I’m kind of lost… Can you help me find my way back to my room?” I asked pleadingly.

“Walk around for a while.  You’ll get used to the house.”

“Please Ilhoon Oppa.”

“Araso, let’s go.” Ilhoon finally gave in and lead me to my room.  I guessed he was tired since he went into the room next to Jinyoung’s which I’m also guessing is his.  I sat back down in front of my desk and tried to finish my homework without falling asleep.