Angry

Don't Trust Him

You cried yourself to sleep that night. Everyone you truly cared about were gone. You hated that exact moment when everything was crashing down on you. You felt guilty about your dad and L's mom but you felt disappointed that L was going through so much trouble because of you. You were also sorry that you were making all the Infinite members worried.

To make things worse, your dream was confusing.

You were in a crowded place but you couldn't exactly figure out where. There were a lot of people running to their destination, as if they were late for something. All you did was stand there as you saw L walk up to you. Next to you, L.Joe was standing there, waiting for you, smiling. L came up to you and took your hands. "I have no choice, you know that." You just looked up at him. He leaned in to kiss you and said, "I love you." Your eyes were filled with tears now. You didn't exactly know why. It was out of instinct. You cupped L's face and said, "Forever together right?" Tears fell down L's face as he smiled. "Forever together." L hugged you and sent you to L.Joe. You felt forced towards L.Joe. No matter how hard you tried to run back to L, your legs weren't functioning with your brain.

You woke up, facing the wall. What kind of dream was that? You were convinced that all those sleepless nights were turning your dreams crazy. Then you saw something even more crazier. Two arms were wrapped around your waist. That hug, that grip, those arms. It all told you one thing: L was back. You closed your eyes once more and opened them to see that those same arms were still there. You turned around and saw the face you've been searching for, quietly sleeping. You stared at him in complete shock at his presence. Your hands gradually went to his face as you his cheeks and hair. L smiled and opened his eyes. "Is this a dream?" you whispered. The life in your voice disappeared. L noticed this as his smile dropped and he said, "You've been crying." You kept holding his face in your hands. You couldn't believe it. L did the same to you and he said,  "No. You're awake." You sighed and he pulled you in as you put your arms around him. "I'm sorry. You look like you haven't slept in days." Lifelessly, you said, "I haven't." L pulled you off so he could face you. "Re..ally?" You nodded. He pulled you back in and said, "It's all my fault. I'm sorry." After a moment of silence, you asked him, "Where were you?" L sighed and said, "I was protecting your family." "Why?" L hesitated to answer. Eventually, he said, "There's still a lot going on. Can we not talk about it?" You've had enough. You were irritated at the fact that he never told you anything. You deserved to know what was going on. You pulled off of him and said, "No, I want to." There was more energy in your voice now. L just looked at you and said, "Let's not." "Okay.." Then you pulled yourself away from him and scooted away. You turned around to face the wall again. "_____..." he said. You ignored him.

The next morning when you woke up, you were still facing the wall. You turned around to see that L was still asleep, facing you. You got up and washed your face. Out in the living room, all the members were awake, preparing for breakfast. Woohyun walked over to you and said, "Did you get some sleep last night?" You smiled and nodded. The second you smiled, Woohyun's stressed face expression was relieved. "You're smiling" he said. You walked around him towards the table where everyone was sitting. You sat down and said, "What's for breakfast?" Sungkyu stared at you in shock and said, "...Oh! Uhh, here." He brought you a tray and said, "We were going to put this in your room for you." You smiled at him too and said, "Thanks. For everything." He smiled back, relieved.

While eating, you heard Sungjong drop his spoon and shout, "HYUNG!" You paused for a while but went back to eating. Your back was facing him and you still had no interest in talking to him. Woohyun and Sungyeol both looked at him and back at you. They were both angry. When L walked towards the table, everyone was quiet. As soon as he reached the table, Sungyeol stood up from his chair and walked away, bumping into him hard as he walked by L. You heard Sungyeol's door slam and saw from the corner of your eye that L was looking at you. Without looking at him, you finished what you were eating and got up. You put your dishes in the sink and walked away from the kitchen. L grabbed your wrist and you stopped but you didn't look at him. You heard someone get up from their chair and walk over. "______.." L said. You felt someone else's hands pulling L off of you. "I swore to myself that I'd punch you right in the face when you returned." It was Woohyun. You turned around and saw L still staring at you. Woohyun then said, "I don't care if you're part of this family but a promise is a promise." L turned to look at Woohyun and Woohyun punched him in the face. Everyone got up from their seats and Sungkyu rushed over and pulled Woohyun away. L brought his head back up and said to Woohyun. "You're right." L's eyes turned towards you and said, "I deserved that."

L grabbed your wrist, harder this time, and pulled you to his room. He slammed the door shut and pinned you against the wall, your arm up against the wall, his face an inch away from yours. This wasn't the first time he's done this to you but it always made you nervous.
"Why are you angry with me? Is it cause I left without saying anything?"
"No."
"Is it because I didn't tell you?"
"Tell me what?"
"Just everything."
"You know, it can get frustrating when you don't know what your own boyfriend is doing behind your back."
"It's not like I'm cheating on you."
"But you're still lying."
"Lying? About what?"
"Telling me nothing's wrong. That everything's fine."
"Everything is--"
"Really? Because it doesn't seem like the fact that my dad murdered your mom sounds fine."
"It doesn't matter to me."
"Yes it does, stop lying--"
"You just don't get it, do you?"
You rolled your eyes and tried to get your arm off the wall but L pushed it back onto the wall. He continued.
"If it really mattered to me, do you think I would've returned? When I found out, of course I was surprised and upset but what can I do? I can't change the past. The past is the past. For the two weeks I've been gone, I realized a lot of things. I realized that I'm getting over the past, because of you. That I've experienced what 'being truly happy' is, because of you. How beautiful my future is going to be with you. How much I missed you.  And knowing how much I missed you, I realized how much I ing love you."
"L, I--"
"Honestly, you being angry at me right now is hurting me a lot more then when Byunghun told me the truth."
"Then why won't you just tell me, everything?"
"Because the time isn't right."