Discoveries.

Re-Unite. [HIATUS]

 

“It’s a bit lame that you came to our school a few days before the winter break.” Baekhyun said as he ate quietly at the table along with Chanyeol, Kai, Suho, Sehun and D.O.

“Mhm, we won’t get to see you in that delicious uniform for a whole two months after today.” Kai said with a mouth full of cereal.

“She could definitely charge you with ual harassment with the words coming out of your mouth.” D.O. said and you smiled at him.

“Deep down she loves it when I talk like this.” Kai said, nodding.

You rolled your eyes, shaking your head as you quietly chewed on your cereal.

“Time for schoooool.” Sehun said quietly and you squealed on the inside. He’s so cute~

With that, you and the group of boys left Chanyeol’s house and made your way to school. Once entering the gates you were greeted by the onslaught of girls and then the glares. You scrunched up your nose, frowning.

Kai glanced down at you and smirked. “Awwe, is my little ____ scared of the mean girls?” He said, wrapping his arm around your waist to tug you close to him.

“Excuse me, yours?” Chanyeol said, whining as he pulled you over to him. He pat your head gently. “She’s mine. Not sharing.” Unless it’s for Tao, then I’ll share. He thought to himself.

Before classes began you went to your locker, grabbing your books. As you were eyeing your math textbook you heard a laugh that stood out and you looked back. You stiffened as you spotted Tao with a girl. Ah… So that’s her.

You cleared your throat as your body felt like it was slowly shutting down. Heh, she’s pretty… You examined the couple. Tao smiling happily with his arm around her shoulder and her smiling up at him with her big eyes.

You closed your locker and quickly weaved through the people in the halls to get to your class.

 

Classes went by so slowly that you thought time had literally stopped, but it was now lunch time. Kai gently poked at you as you both walked out of the class. “____, are you okay?” He asked.

You looked up at him, forcing a smile. “Of course I am.” You both made your way into the cafeteria. You stopped as you spotted Tao sitting at the lunch table with Jiyoung and the rest of EXO. No way in hell.

Kai was halfway to the table before he glanced over his shoulder. He saw you a few feet back and stopped. “____?”

You tore your eyes away from Tao and blinked. “Huh? Oh. Uhm… I’m going to go to the bathroom. I’ll be back in a second.” You nodded before quickly making your way out of the cafeteria.

Chanyeol watched as you left the cafeteria and Kai slowly made his way to the table. “Where’s ___ going?”

Kai plopped down on his seat and brushed his fingers through his hair. “Bathroom. She doesn’t look okay, though…” He said, looking over to Chanyeol who then glanced at Tao and Jiyoung. Kai watched as Chanyeol looked between him and Tao then raised a brow. What… Why is he doing that. He looks like an idiot.

Chanyeol sighed. “Kai, can I talk to you?” He then stood up, walking to a relatively quiet area in the cafeteria. Kai followed and then looked up. “Hyung?”

“Okay. I’m going to tell you this… and you can tell everyone else if you want, but you can’t tell Tao.” Chanyeol said.

“Uhm… Okay?” Kai blinked, crossing his arms.

“___ is in love with Tao. She has been for like… ten years. When she was younger, her family moved to China for a while and she met Tao there.” Chanyeol nodded as he explained. “Her mom said that when she was there Tao promised to find her when they got older… and now she’s met Tao again but…” He pointed at Jiyoung. “She’s in the way.”

Kai’s eyes went wide as he listened to Chanyeol talk. “What? Are you serious?!” He exclaimed before looking back over at Tao. “Wait… Tao’s seen ____, right?” He should recognize her…

“Yeah, he has. But she’s changed a lot since she was young. I think the only reason she remembers Tao is because she has a picture of him from when they were little.” Chanyeol explained as if reading Kai’s thoughts.

“Don’t you have a picture of her from when she was young, hyung?” Kai asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.

“Uh.” Chanyeol blinked, reaching in his back pocket to take out his wallet. He pulled out an old photo of an eight year old him standing next to you.

“PFFF, hyung. Nice hair.” Kai snorted as he saw the picture. He quickly turned, running back to the table EXO was at with Chanyeol trailing behind him.

“Guys, guys! Look at ____ when she was little!” He said, slapping the photo onto the table. The boys sat up slightly and stared at the photo.

“Uwaaah! So cute!” Baekhyun said as he grabbed the photo. “Wait… is that Chanyeol?” He squinted before bursting into laughter, placing the photo back on the table.

“Wow, she looks so different. She looked even more like a doll.” D.O. said while showing the picture to Suho and Sehun who then passed the photo down towards Lay and Luhan.

“WHAAAAAT.” Luhan shouted, causing a few people from other tables to look over. “She looks so adorable!”

Chanyeol and Kai watched carefully as Luhan passed the photo to Tao.

Tao stared down at the photo, his head tilting slightly to the side before Jiyoung stood up. “I’m going to go.” She said blandly. Tao stood up, giving her a hug. The members watched as she barely hugged back before leaving. Tao sat back down, staring at the photo. She looks a lot like Mei…

 

You sighed, making your way straight to class instead of heading back to the cafeteria. You went to open the door but stopped as you heard groaning from inside the class. You tip-toe’d, glancing into the classroom. You froze as you saw Jiyoung inside pressed up against some guy, her hands tangled in his hair as she kissed him passionately. That’s not Tao…