Overheard .

Promise Me

Luhan's POV

' Yahh , Jongin ah , where did you go ? ' Suho hissed as he eyed Jongin with a worried expression .

' I just went to take a walk . ' Jongin replied .

I was sitting on the couch of EXO's room , playing with my all time favourite — a rubiks cube . We were all sitting and resting , waiting for our next upcoming schedule . We were all panicking a little when we didn't see Jongin with us but we're relieved now that he's back .

' Yahh , you should've told us ! ' Baekhyun jumped , patting Jongin on his back .

' Yeah , i probably should , i'm sorry . ' Jongin apologised .

' No worries , we forgived you the moment you came back . ' Lay chuckled .

Jongin seated himself beside me , playing with his fingers .

' Jongin ah , i hope it has nothing to do with Jaehee . ' Kyungsoo stood infront of Jongin , handing him a cup of coffee .

Jongin titled his head up to look at Kyungsoo and took the coffee in his hand , ' J-Jaehee ? No , why would it have anything to do with Jaehee ? ' .

' Jaehee ? ' I thought .

' Did what happened to Jaehee that day had anything to do with Jongin ? ' I questioned myself .

The members , especially Kyungsoo and Jongin , usually talks about Jaehee but i wasn't much interested previously as i didn't had a close relationship with her . But now that i knew her and that she is my friend , i was getting curious about the conversation that was going on between Jongin and Kyungsoo . However , i pretend to seem uninterested to not arouse their suspicion .

' You're not lying right ? ' Kyungsoo asked again , doubting Jongin's words .

' Hyung . Please stop asking . ' Jongin pleaded , burying his face in his hands .

Though i was playing around with my rubiks cube , i was not concentrated in solving it at all . I was more focused on what they had to say .

' Why are you hurting Jaehee ? And hurting yourself ? ' Kyungsoo continued .

' I don't know Hyung , i don't know . ' Jongin messed his hair and stomped out of the room quickly , leaving Kyungsoo behind sighing .

' Hurting Jaehee ? So they know each other . ' I thought , carelessly letting go the rubiks cube off my hands .

I took out my handphone , sending a text message to Jaehee , ' Jaehee ah , meet me at EXO's practice room . ' .

Trainees who had debuted have their own practice room in SM Entertainment , and we EXO , are no exception . Jaehee and I exchanged numbers during one of our brief conversations , and i haven't got a chance to text or call her , until now .

 

Jaehee's POV

I was closing my eyes and taking a nap on the couch when i heard my message tone beeped . I saw the text Luhan sent me and i was surprised , ' Why does he want to see me now ? ' I thought , rubbing my tired eyes .

I got up on my feet , wore the black cardigan i bought with me and headed off to look for EXO's practice room .

It took me around five minutes to finally found it as i was not very familiar yet with SM Entertainment .

I peeped through the small window at the side of the door and saw a figure standing there , it was Luhan .

I knocked on the door lightly , then entering with light footsteps . There he was , standing right before my eyes , still in his interview outfit . Luhan spun around to face me , ' Jaehee , you're here . ' .

' Sorry Luhan Oppa , i'm late . ' I apologised and bowed .

' Don't worry about it , i just got here too . ' He answered .

' W-Was there anything you need to see me for ? ' I asked , closing the door behind me .

Luhan walked towards me , his gaze fixed with mine , ' You and Jongin .. '

The moment i heard Kai's name being dragged in , i felt as though a rock was lying against my chest . I turned away from Luhan's gaze and sighed .

' Whats wrong ? ' Luhan immediaely paused his question .

' Hmm ? Nothing's wrong . ' I faked a smile then looked away once again .

Luhan titled my head up to match his eyes . At that moment , my eyes was starting to fill with tears .

' Tell me , whats wrong . ' Luhan said gently , the look in his eyes felt sincere .

I could no longer hold in anymore . All the emotions , all the words i've wanted to say came pouring out , ' Jongin and I had some misunderstanding , i don't know what's the reason , and he just wouldn't tell me . This isn't what i wanted , his cold attitude , everything . I- . '

My tears came rolling down my cheeks and Luhan pulled me into a warm embrace .

' I feel really bad , Luhan Oppa . I really do . ' I continued to sob .

' I know , i know . ' Luhan whispered softly , patting me on my back gently . I was in Luhan's arms for the past 5 minutes and both of us didn't spoke a word . Just Luhan's warm embrace alone made me feel calm eventually .

 

Luhan's POV

I knew Jaehee and Jongin were friends , but i didn't know that they were that close . Though i wasn't too sure what happened either , i decided not to prob too much . Afterall , its their problem . But now , the most i could do was to comfort Jaehee . I don't know why , but seeing Jaehee like that , it hurts me .

 

Kai's POV

I was walking down to EXO's practice room to put some of my belongings there . But just as i was about to turn the door knob into the room , i caught a glimpse of something through the small window on the door , something i never wanted to see — Jaehee in Luhan's arms .

I was in utter shock , my lips were trembling and my body was frozen on the spot . Jaehee told me nothing was going on between them . But why .. ?

 

 


This story is getting really bad . D;

Still , i hope you like it ! ^^

The next chapter will be better ! I hope ~

Thanks for reading ! 

Do subscribe , comment and upvote ! ^^