DO NOT USE ELEVATOR.

Beauty and the Beast

 

                The ride to the hospital was quiet. Too quiet, if you ask Seunghyun. Although he made it his best interest to keep his eyes glued to the road, the prince couldn’t help but sneak a couple of glances at the boy. Jiyong remained stoic, his lips forming a straight line.

                The only audible sound in the car was the faintly playing ‘Bubble Pop’ by Hyuna, soon to be killed by Seunghyun’s fist, unable to deal with the tenseness mixed with Hyuna’s voice.

                “A-Are you okay?” Seunghyun softly asked, quickly glancing over at Jiyong. He heard a soft sigh emit from Jiyong’s lips, causing his heart to break.

                He never wanted any of this to happen to him.

                None of this was supposed to happen.

                “I don’t know.” Jiyong murmured, his eyes distant and clouded.

                Seunghyun bit his lower lip, trying to think of a couple of words of encouragement to help him feel better. He knew that the outlook was murky… he wouldn’t want to feed the boy false hopes. With no other words to say, Seunghyun let out a small sigh as well, turning towards the boy as they neared a red light. “Everything happens for a reason, Jiyong.” He said softly, placing a hand on the boy’s shoulder.

                Well, that was a bad idea…

                Because immediate tears started rolling down Jiyong’s cheeks.

                Augh, . . . I didn’t mean to make him cry. Seunghyun gulped, immediately retracting his hand.

                “T-Thank you…” the boy sobbed, bringing a hand up to his mouth, trying to stifle the sobs that managed to escape his mouth. “F-For everything.”

                “Aigoo, why are you saying ‘thank you’? Silly boy…” Seunghyun whispered, running his hand through Jiyong’s hair. “Shh… don’t cry…”

                “I-I’m serious.” Jiyong said between staggered breathing. “I-If it w-weren’t for you… m-my father would’ve b-been in worse c-condition.”

                Seunghyun laughed lightly, shaking his head. “You’re so kind, Jiyong. Too kind, mind you. I fear that someone will want to take advantage of your kindness one day.”

                The boy laughed, trying to stop crying. “G-Green light.”

                “Aigoo.” Seunghyun mumbled, stepping on the gas a bit too hard, causing them to lurch forward. To his dismay, it earned him a couple of angry car honks and another laugh from Jiyong. “What are you laughing at…?” he grumbled, trying to stay focused on the road.

                “Nothing…” Jiyong sighed, smiling gently as he wiped the last tears off his cheeks. “So you’re saying I should become a bad boy from now on?”

                “Depends on what you mean by ‘bad boy’…” Seunghyun said under his breath.

                “What?”

                “N-Nothing. But yes. You should become a bad boy to everyone from now on. Except me.”

                “Except you? Bwoh?” Jiyong said, laughing in disbelief.

                “Yes. Everyone except me. Because I like you like you are now. I don’t want anyone else falling for your kindness.”

                “What… do you mean?”

                Did I say too much? Seunghyun panicked, feeling the blood rush to his face. Oh, thank the Lord. We’re here. “N-Never mind.” Seunghyun stammered, finding the perfect opportunity to change the subject. “We’re here! Let’s go!”

                “Y-Yes, let’s.” the boy said, immediately hopping out of the car.

                The two quickly made their way into the hospital without any trouble, thanks to Seunghyun’s insight to cover himself from head to toe, popping in his contacts, fixing his scar, and styling his hair up. It was tedious, but it was worth it, seeing that he got some fresh air and some social interaction again.

                The two made it up to room 217 after running up the flight of stairs (The elevators decided to break down on the day they needed it the most). They politely knocked on the door while trying to catch their breath. The door slowly creaked open, revealing a strange man and yours truly,

                Lee Seungri.

                The boy brushed past the other three, not even noticing the hard-to-miss vein that was threatening to pop on Seunghyun’s forehead. “Appa…” he breathed, crouching down next to his sleeping father.

                “You must be Mr. Kwon.” The doctor smiled, extending a hand out to Jiyong. “I’m Doctor Kim.”

                Both Jiyong’s and Seunghyun’s head shot up, hearing the familiar ring in the doctor’s voice. It’s that doctor that I stripped in the closet… Seunghyun gulped, smiling nervously at the cordial doctor. After nodding at the doctor, he went back to boring laser beams into Seungri’s skull.

                Why the hell is this twerp here? He doesn’t even know the boy’s dad. And who is this Mr. Harry Potter, sporting robes and stuff…? You kinda look like you came out from an anime or something. Weirdo.

                “Hello, Mr. Kim. Yes sir, I’m his son.” Jiyong said, smiling politely while eyeing Seunghyun.

                “I just came here to tell you that while you were on your way here, this kind gentleman had paid for your father’s treatment.” Dr. Kim said, gesturing at Seungri.

                That bastard. Seunghyun thought bitterly, clenching his fists.

                “O-Oh.” Jiyong said softly, nodding. Of course, this was all too much for him to process all at once. Who could blame him? He looked up at Seunghyun and his eyes widened when he saw the beast’s fuming expression. Calm down. The boy’s eyes seemed to say.

                Seunghyun obeyed, taking a deep breath and resumed throwing imaginary 18-wheeler trucks at Seungri.

                You know your fists have turned to the size of small trucks, keep it under control, Seunghyun. Jiyong seemed to say through his eyes, mentally scolding Seunghyun.

                The beast hung his head in shame, nodding meekly.

                “You’re lucky Mr. Lee had stayed. You should express your gratitude; he saved your father’s life.”

                “Ah, it was nothing.” Seungri chuckled, waving his hand slightly.

                And indeed, it was merely nothing.

                For Seungri’s second wish, Tablo gave Seungri the power to dangle Jiyong’s dad’s life by a mere thread, able to end it with just a flick of a wrist. He was even commended by Tablo for thinking of such a nasty plan like he did. Then, with his infinite amount of money, he paid for immediate surgery as if it were nothing.

                Hence saving Jiyong’s father.

                Of course, the fact that Seungri immediately paid for Jiyong’s father’s surgery almost cause Seunghyun to ram the bastard’s face into the wall. But, that was uncivilized and highly beast-like.

                Which was one thing that he did NOT want to be.

                I could’ve paid for the surgery. Why did this little step in and pay?

                Trying to win Jiyong’s heart.

                What else…?

                Why didn’t I see this earlier?

                “Thank you.” Jiyong bowed, breaking Seunghyun from his train of thought. Just when things couldn’t have been worse, Seungri came forward and embraced the boy in his arms, slightly smirking at Seunghyun.

                “It’s not a problem, Jiyong.” He said softly, smiling sweetly down at the boy. “I just wanted to help your father.”

                “I-I owe you a lot, Seungri. Really, I do.”

                “So I guess we’re now even, right? Can we forget the past and start over?” Seungri whispered, running his fingers through the boy’s hair like Seunghyun did.

                And it sickened the prince.

                Seungri’s filthy hands, touching his Jiyong.

                But why does it matter? Seunghyun thought to himself.

                Why does it matter that Seungri is hugging Jiyong, running his fingers through his hair?

 

                “You’re in love, Seunghyun.” Chae Lin’s voice popped up in his mind.

 

                That’s right.

                He was in love.

                Was this why he wanted to set Seungri on fire?

                Well, I guess so. It’s my way of expressing care and worry for Jiyong.

                Yes… by setting Seungri on fire.

                Perfect.

                “Yeah.” The boy said, nodding against Seungri’s chest.

                “That’s good to know.” Seungri smiled, squeezing the boy in his grasp.

                He clenched his fist once more, biting his lower lip to refrain from taking Seungri and throwing him off the several flights of stairs below. It was beginning to become hard to breathe.

                “S-So how will his father be?” Seunghyun said through clenched teeth, breaking the two from their moment.

                “Your father will be safely in our hands.” Dr. Kim said, scribbling some data on his clipboard. “He will need a lot of rest… he should be waking up in a day or two. He’s on his steady road to recovery.”

                “Good. Because I believe we won’t be needed here anymore.” The prince said, grabbing Jiyong’s arm, pulling the boy out of the room.

                “B-But-” Jiyong began, but was immediately silenced by Seunghyun’s deadly eyes.

                “Nice meeting you again, Seunghyun.” Seungri sang, patting the prince’s shoulder.

                “ off.” Seunghyun growled, slamming the door behind him.

                “Then the feeling’s mutual.”



 

                “W-Why are you acting like this!?” Jiyong cried, trying to pry his wrist out of Seunghyun’s grasp. Seunghyun continued to walk swiftly, not saying a word.

                “S-Seunghyun!” the boy cried again, stopping in his tracks.

                “I COULDN’T BREATHE WITH THAT BASTARD IN THERE.” The prince shouted, earning a couple of gasps from the nearby nurses.

                “S-Seung-”

                “I saw right through him, Jiyong. I see right past his fake exterior, his disgusting good deeds, his forced smiles…” Seunghyun hissed, looking straight into Jiyong’s eyes.

                “H-How could you say that?” he said in disbelief. “He helped me, Seunghyun.”

                “He used money to get to you, Jiyong.” The prince said through clenched teeth once more, shaking his head.

                “Unbelievable. How could you say this after they helped me?”

                “Your kindness and gratefulness for people are starting to blind you, Jiyong. It’ll only be about time you’ll be taken advantage of you. Like he did in the dressing room.”

                “You k-knew about that?” Jiyong said, his eyes widened.

                “I knew, Ji. That was why I got so upset.” Seunghyun said, shaking his head as he continued to pull the boy towards the elevators. He quickly pressed the ‘down’ button and stood there, waiting for the elevators to open.

                “You… worried for me?”

                Seunghyun felt his heart skip a beat and blood rush up to his ears. He gazed down at the boy and nodded slightly. “Yes. He’s… not a good person.”

                “D-Daesung… did say that he was a bad person.”

                “And you should listen to Papa Dae. He knows his .”

                The boy let out a small laugh. “I guess so.”

                “I just don’t want him to take advantage of you again. I don’t want to see you hurt. You’re special to me.” Seunghyun sighed, unconsciously trailing his hand down to Jiyong’s, intertwining the two together.

                “S-Special?”

                Seunghyun nodded shyly, walking into the available elevator.

                Jiyong decided to allow those words to sink in a little bit longer.

                “You’re special to me.”

                Those couple of words seemed to mean the world to Jiyong right now, because it made his heart flutter in the confines of his ribcage.

                “Wait.” Seunghyun murmured, breaking the boy’s train of thought.

                “Huh?”

                “Please tell me that there wasn’t a ‘DO NOT USE’ sign on the elevator door.”

                “Oh, so that’s what that paper said? I didn’t pay attention…” the boy murmured, anxiously biting his lower lip.

                As soon as the elevator doors closed, the paper flew in, revealing the tell-tale warning that Seunghyun wished wasn’t true.

                “DO NOT USE ELEVATOR.”

                “I accidentally pressed the first floor button…” Jiyong said quietly and guiltily as they felt the elevator begin to move.

                “Well, it’s moving… I don’t think it’ll be that bad. We’re almost at ground level-”

                CLANK! KER-CHUNK! BEEP-BEEP-BEEP! THUMP! THUMP! CLANK!

                “That didn’t sound good.” The boy whispered after the two fell to the ground due to the immense force.

                When they thought that things couldn’t have gotten worse, the lights flickered off.

                “D-Don’t worry, I have my phone.” Jiyong said, fumbling in his pockets for his phone. “I’ll call for help.”

                A short pause.

                “Never mind… I forgot it at home.” Jiyong confessed, biting his lower lip. “Give me yours.”

                Seunghyun silently obeyed and handed him his phone.

                “Well, I’ll be damned. It’s at 3% and we’ve lost reception. I swear, this is just like a Korean drama. Or some crazed fan’s fan fiction.” Jiyong muttered under his breath.

                “Did I mention that I’m extremely claustrophobic?”