38

Right Next To Me

 

 

Narrator

 

“What were you thinking? Stepping out like that?!” Mrs. Shim snapped.

Nayoung didn’t say anything; she had dropped by their home to get some of her clothes.

“Nayoung-ah, what’s wrong? Myungsoo says you two broke up already.” Her father asked.

“Yes, we did appa.” She replied.

“Na, why~”

“He…It just didn’t work out for us. And I cant marry him.”

“We cant back out from this, Na. The medi~”

“Why did you even bother to ask me about us, if it’s still the same thing? I still have to marry him.” She said as she stood up and grabbed her bag,

“Shim Nayoung, don’t you dare~”

“Appa, eomma, you can ask me do anything, but I wont marry someone I don’t love.”

 

Nayoung tossed her bag inside her car and sped off. Her eyes were starting to water as she reached the main street.

Everything was just so infuriating.

She stepped on the gas as she headed for Jaejoong’s office.

 

“You just have to drop it at the Kim Holdings office, Dae.” Yunho said over the phone.

Daehyun shifted gears and started to head for Jaejoong’s office.

“And, I….saw the news about Na.” Yunho said carefully.

Daehyun didn’t say anything.

“Hyung knows, Dae. I know you have feelings for her.”

“I’ll just send these files over to Jaejoong hyung, I’ll be at the dorm if you need me, hyung.” Daehyun said before ending the call.

 

“Hey, Na.” Jaejoong said as he put down his pen.

“I…had nowhere to go to, oppa. Am I disturbing you?” She asked as she stepped in the office.

“No, of course not. How….are things?” Jaejoong asked as he stood up and sat on one of the leather sofas.

“Not…good.” She murmured.

“Na, just talk to your parents, I’m sure they will listen to you.”

“I tried oppa, but~” She just shook her head and leaned on the armrest.

“What about Myungsoo?”

“I’m meeting him for lunch.”

“That’s good then~”

“Nothing’s good oppa, I don’t even know how to face him anymore.”

“Nayoung~”

“Director, Mister Jung is here to see you.”

“Yunho oppa?” Nayoung looked up.

Daehyun walked in the room with a black folder.

“I don’t think so, sweetie.” Jaejoong almost smiled. Daehyun turned and saw her. He smiled.

“My brother wanted me to hand this to you, hyung.” Daehyun said.

“Thanks, Daehyun. I needed for the investment with your company.”

Jaejoong placed the folder on his desk.

“Now, why don’t you two go out and have coffee together?” He asked with a subtle hint of teasing.

Nayoung shrugged and picked up her bag.

 

Daehyun watched as Nayoung walked to the lobby.

“I cant have coffee with you, I have to meet Myungsoo in a while.” She said apologetically. Daehyun nodded as he kept pace with her.

“It’s okay, Na.” He nodded as they stepped out of the building and headed for the parking lot.

Nayoung was about to tug on his coat sleeve when Daehyun caught her before she could pull him. Daehyun chuckled.

tumblr_mgjolr2oD71r9d7o3o1_500.gif

“You at timing.” He said as he nudged her shoulder.

Nayoung paused and put her hand down, she watched as Daehyun kept walking. Suddenly, she felt conscious around him. She shook her head as she ran one hand through her hair.

She was starting feel nervous around him.

Nayoung walked to her car and took out her keys.

“Na?” Daehyun was behind her. She spun and looked at him.

Daehyun stepped closer to her and placed both of his hands on the car. Nayoung tensed and tried to look anywhere but him.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Huh?”

“You’ve been zoning out lately….You told me~”

“I need to go, Dae. I’ll give you a call later.” She said as she gently pushed his chest and opened the door.

“Bye!” She said hurriedly before starting the car.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++