40

Right Next To Me

 

Narrator

 

Nayoung stretched and found herself still in Myungsoo’s arms. She gently pulled away and stood up.

She checked his temperature. She sighed in relief as she realized that Myungsoo’s fever was gone.

She took her purse and went out of her room.

“Why did you bring him here, Na?” Changmin was walking across the hall.

“He collapsed oppa. I didn’t know where to bring him.” Nayoung bit her lip. Changmin sighed and leaned in to hug his sister.

“Oppa’s so sorry, about this Na. I know how much you hate this type of thing.”

“Oppa, it’s not your fault. I’m sure there’s a way with mom and dad.”

“Arasso, you go to your room to freshen up.” Changmin nodded and let her go.

Nayoung smiled and walked to her room.

Then the butler approached Changmin.

“Sir, a guest was here earlier.”

“Really, who?”

“Mister Jung.”

Nayoung turned.

“Yunho oppa was here?” She murmured before opening the door to her room.

 

Daehyun’s brows furrowed as he stepped on the accelerator of his Audi. He felt like his heart was being stabbed again and again.

He didn’t know what he did to deserve whatever he saw.

Nayoung was sleeping beside Myungsoo, with his arms around her.

He knew that he had no right to be jealous. But it hurt him.

He never felt this type of hurt before.

His grip on the wheel tightened as his speed increased.

 

Myungsoo winced as he sat up.

“Feeling better?” Nayoung was standing by the door.

“What….happened?” He asked groggily.

“You collapsed, you were having a high fever.” She said as she handed him a glass of water.

“Oh, Mianhae.”

Nayoung shook her head.

“I’ve been thinking, why don’t we play along for a while?”

“Play along?” Nayoung looked at him.

“We please our parents as much as we can~”

“Myungsoo~”

“We wont get married, but why don’t we just act like…we’re back together, then suddenly something happens, we break up in front of them.”

Nayoung stared at him.

“Listen, people will be observing us. If we play along, they will think the wedding will go on; this would make both of our parents happy. Then after that we break up.”

“A….fake relationship?” Nayoung looked at him.

Myungsoo nodded, ignoring the pain he felt when she said that.

“Do you think it would work?” She asked.

“I have a feeling it would, Na.”

Nayoung sighed and looked at her fingers.

 

 

“What?!” Himchan blinked and stared at his phone. He was back in their home at Cheongdam and the waiter at the bar he frequents just called him.

Because Daehyun was drunk and asleep at the counter, and the place was about to close already.

Before leaving the house, he called for Youngjae.

 

Daehyun was leaning on the counter heavily. His hair was messed up and his clothes dirty.

Youngjae and Himchan arrived and found him, surrounded by empty bottles of expensive liquor.

“He rarely drinks.” Himchan muttered as he handed his credit card to the waiter.

“This must be about Na. But…they already talked about it, Daehyun…wasn’t even..that bothered.” Youngjae said as he pulled his friend up.

“Then he must have…heard something.” Himchan said as he looked at Daehyun.

“It was just about to work out between them. I hate arranged marriages.” Youngjae spat.

“Daehyun, he can fight for Na. He qualifies, he’s smart, comes from a prominent family, I don’t get why~”

“Hyung, Nayoung….she hasn’t accepted his feelings.” Youngjae said.

“But that doesn’t mean she rejected him, Youngjae. I can see it!”

“See what?”

“It’s impossible if Nayoung doesn’t have any feelings for Dae.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++