19

Right Next To Me

 

Narrator

 

“Hyung! That’s mine!” Zeolo whined over the last pizza slice. Despite Himchan’s volunteering for cooking, the boys insisted ordering take out for “back-up”.

“Oppa this is really good.” Nayoung smiled at Himchan and gave him a thumbs up.

“This pasta is great hyung.” Jongup nodded, then Youngjae plopped beside Nayoung.

“We’re having a movie marathon until midnight, Na. Join us!”

“My brother’s waiting-”

“He permits you to stay.”

“What?!” She blinked at him, Younjae rolled his eyes.

Yongguk chuckled as he passed by.

“He called your brother earlier, Na.” He commented.

“I promised Daehyun would drive you back.” Youngjae announced. Daehyun’s head snapped up from his plate.

“Why would Daehyun have to do that? I can just catch a cab-”

“No taxis at night please.” Hicmhan shuddered.

“Because you two are the only ones who need to come home. We live in the dorm.” Youngjae shrugged, trying to hide his sinister smile.

“I don’t want to be a burden-”

“It’s fine. I’ll drive you home.” Daehyun nodded at her, warmth were clearly seen from his eyes.

Zelo chuckled and nudged Jongup.

 

“Horror movie?” Daehyun actually snorted as the film started to show.

“I think it’s funny.” Himchan commented.

Nayoung was sitting on the rug beside Zelo.

“Na, you shouldn’t be sitting on the floor.” Yongguk said.

“It’s fine oppa. It’s more comfy this way.” She said before turning to the screen again. Daehyun took his seat on the couch behind her back.

 

“How many movies do you intend to watch?” Yongguk asked.

“Up to midnight.” Zelo grinned.

Daehyun’s eyes widened and looked at his wristwatch, it was just quarter to three in the afternoon.

“Mwo? That’s not healthy, maknae.” Himchan commented.

“This wont do. This is the last one, we’re watching.” Yongguk said.

Youngjae nodded and looked at Nayoung, she was leaning on the coffee table with her arms.

“Is she sleeping?” He asked. Daehyun looked at him and glanced at Nayoung.

She was asleep.

“Should I wake her up?” Jongup looked up. Before anyone could react, Daehyun stood up.

“Clear the couch hyung.” He murmured, Himchan and Youngjae stood up.

“Wae?” Himchan asked. Daehyun didn’t reply but he lifted Nayoung from her position and gently laid her on the couch.

“Let her sleep for a while.” He stated as he took off his cardigan and placed it around her.

 

Youngjae and Himchan went to the kitchen.

“Did you see that, hyung?” Youngjae asked excitedly.

“I did. Was that really our Jung Daehyun?”

“I am asking the same question.” Youngguk asked as he walked in.

“He likes her, doesn’t he?” Himchan asked.

“I think..he does. But he keeps on denying it.” Youngjae nodded.

“But…Nayoung and Myungsoo..” Himchan trailed off, Youngguk looked at them as he got some water.

“Right, Nayoung is seeing someone.”

“I’ve been telling the same thing to myself the whole time, hyung. But why did Nayoung join us? Earlier, Myungsoo’s friends invited her to eat, but she went here instead of going with them.” Youngjae said.

Himchan and Yongguk looked at him.

“Maybe..she’s more comfortable with us…?” Himchan trailed off.

 

“No, maybe something’s wrong.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++