Alien

Expectations of Love

          "Here we are." the boy said, as he walked into his apartment suite. The girl followed behind shortly.

          The boy looked over at her and noticed how amazed she was. "Do you like it that much?"

          She nodded and picked up a yellow crescent–shaped thing from the table, "What's this?" she asked.

          The boy made a face, "...That's a banana."

          She touched the skin, "It's so soft."

          The boy awkwardly laughed and took the banana away from her, "I'll show you where you're gonna sleep."

          "Okay!" She gleamed, and followed him.

          He turned to the first room to his right, and opened the door, "This is my bedroom, but I can just sleep on the couch for now."

          "Wow, this is as big as my house!" Her eyes were wide.

          "Wait, are you starting to remember where you live?" The boy asked hopefully.

          She didn't answer on jumped on his bed, "I like this!"

          The boy sighed, "I'll be right back." he walked away and took out his phone. He pressed #3 on his speed dial, and it rang.

          "Hello?"

          "Hyung, help me out."

          "What's up?"

          The boy looked over at the girl and sighed, "I brought a girl home."

          "Atta boy! You finally let your hormones get to ya, huh?"

          "Shut up hyung, I'm helping her out."

          "Don't tell me... she's paying you."

          The boy took the phone off his ear and looked at the screen unbelievably, "No! I'll explain everything to you later, just help me."

          "Okay okay, what's wrong with this girl?"

          "She's so–" the boy got cut off after feeling a tap on his shoulder. He dropped his phone, "!"

          The girl got surprised, "I-I'm sorry! ...Did I scare you?"

          The boy shook his head and pressed the end call button, "No, it's fine." He breathed out and a thought hit him, "Hey uh, what's your name?"

          "My name?"

          He nodded, "Yeah, name. Like, my name is Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo. But I prefer if you call me L."

          She blinked but then brightened, "Oh! Do you mean my code?"

          Code?

          "My code: A1G58."

          L blinked, but slowly nodded. "..okay then. Do you have another name?"

          She shook her head.

          L sighed. She probably forgot her name too, He thought, and scratched his head. "Is it okay if I call you Lee Sooyoung instead?"

          The girl nodded, "Sure, Kim Myungsoo."

          "Uh, call me L."

          Sooyoung smiled, "Okay."

 

It soon striked midnight, and Sooyoung was already in bed, wearing one of L's pajamas.

          L was in the living room, uncomfortably shifting around on the couch. He wasn't used to the feeling, since he always slept on his bed.

          It was already 1am, and he gave up. Turning on the TV, he kept changing the channel until he found an action movie on.

          "L."

          L jumped after hearing a quiet voice behind him. He turned around and found Sooyoung, clutching onto a pillow.

          "Sooyoung, why are you still awake?" he asked, trying to pretend he wasn't freaked out.

          Sooyoung looked down, "I can't sleep."

          L sighed and told her to sit down beside him. "Let's get to know each other then."

          She smiled and sat cross-legged. L tried thinking of a question, "So, when's your birthday?"

          "Zero one, zero one, ninety three."

          L knitted his eyebrows, "What?"

          Again, she repeated, "Zero one, zero one, ninety three."

          L considered the numbers, "....January 1st, 1993?"

          She made a face, "What?"

          A sigh came out of L's lips, "Never mind, let's just watch a movie."

          L stood up and walked in the kitchen. Sooyoung followed behind, and watched him take something out of the cupboard.

          "What are you doing?" She asked.

          "I'm making popcorn. You want some?"

          She made a face, and he got the clue. Should've known, she doesn't know what popcorn is.

          "Just go back to the living room, I'll be right there."

          Sooyoung didn't understand what a "living room" was, but she assumed it was the place she was just at.

          L came back, and brought a big bowl of popcorn with him. He placed it down, and searched for a movie on Netflix.

          "Aha, one of my favorites." He said, and played "Taken".

          When we sat back down, he offered some popcorn to Sooyoung. "Try it." he insisted.

          Sooyoung took one piece and held it on the palm of her hand. She looked over at L, and observed what he was doing. But L was waiting for her to taste it.

          "What do you do with it?" She asked, so clueless.

          L looked at her blankly and just couldn't understand what is wrong with her.

          I swear this girl is an Alien. He thought.

 


 

A/N: Please comment on what you think about the story so far! I'm really curious!