Rival?

I'm your... WHAT?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"."

 

 

Ms Hwang raised her brows and looked at you who were walking back and forth, messing your nest-looking hair. She took a glanced at her vintage watch "You're going to be late."

"I know." You sighed. She raised her brows again when you plopped down on the bed and muffled your fake cries against the bed sheet.

 

A kid knocked on the door and went inside as Ms Hwang gestured her hand signalling to come closer. You shifted your head making your right cheek squished in a funny way as you stared at the boy while he looked back at you, blinking his small eyes.

Your gaze landed on his hand that was holding an airplane toy. Instinctively, you thought about Byunghee.

 

"Ahjumma. I'm hungry." He tugged the hem of Ms Hwang's blouse.

 

Have Byunghee eaten? What did he eat then? Who will send him to school? Will he talk and be hyper like the usual morning?

Did L.Joe take a good care of his brother? The most bothering thought in your mind was did he take a good care of himself? 

Both the Lee's brother are known for being picky eater. Luckily they always wolfed down your cooking without a single complain- except for some sarcasm that came out from the older brother's mouth.

 

"Just go." She interrupted your thought and lead the little kid out of the room.

Your ego seems to take over this morning. "No, I don't want to go back to the house unless-"

"I didn't say the house." The corner of her lips curved upwards as you pinked and avoided her gaze. "School. Just go or you might get yourself into a detention."

Innately, you looked down at your attire. Groaning softly, you grabbed your backpack and ran.

Ran because there's no need to be worrying about your skirts wil swayed dangerously.

 

This time you don't mind climbing the wall. At all.

 

"Yoon Ae haksaeng?" The guard voiced out. You held out two of your fingers and he re-opened the gate. Luckily he knew you or else you might as well climbed the wall today.

He shook his head and eyed you up and down. Realized he was about to ask something in a matter of fact, you gave him a wink before running inside "No time to explain. See you later ahjusshi!"

 

 

The whole class gave their attention to the back door when it slide open, revealing your disheveled hair as your face turned crimson.

"Why are you in gym's clothes?" Your homeroom teacher asked as you straightened yourself after gave her a polite bow. 

Because I left my uniform at L.Joe's house.

"I was in a rush and my uniform... They're still damp."

 

 

"Don't you have other uniform?" One of the boy sitting in the front turned his head, he kept silenced for a few seconds before snapping his fingers "Ah right. You live in the orphanage and can barely support yourself." 

Clearly, he was getting further from the uniform topic. You frowned.

Another girl cut his laughter "Hey don’t said that! She'll be sad."

You softened as you met her gaze. She's nice, you thought.

Until she sniggered. “She doesn't even have a family to complain when people bullied her."

"Poor orphan. You're not just poor but you don't even have anyone by your side." Another girl faked a pity.

 

Your balled fist trembled by your side, one more word from the peasants, you're going to take them down with no second thought.

Lucky. Your classmates were lucky. Lucky that the teacher shushed them to be quiet and ordered you to go to your seat when she realized the tension air lingered around the classroom.

Gritting your teeth with rage, you slammed your bag down on the table making the whole class startled. "Yoon Ae sshi!" She hissed.

You were one of those students who rarely got scolded by the teachers since you're their favourite when it comes to the grades but recently, they noticed the change in you without even bothered to ask why.

 

"Who the scribbled my desk?!" 

 

The teacher dropped her guide book on the table, clutching on her chest "Mind your words Yoon Ae sshi! What's gotten into you?!" 

You scoffed and gave the meanest glare towards the whole class "Yes I lost my whole family and wealth leaving me poor and be an orphan but that doesn't mean you rich peasants could just say anything you want. Am I the only one an orphan in this class? Hell yes but am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter