The Park

Cutting Red String(Short Hiatus)

Why did he have to appear again?

What will happen now?

This time, who will be the one to get hurt?

 

“A park. Really? This is where we are going to spend the day?” I scoffed. It wasn't because I didn’t like it, I thought we would be going somewhere cooler like an amusement park or an aquarium or something unique.

“If you don’t like it then get lost.” He coldly spat.

“Okay, let me just press the speed dial to your mom.” I playfully took out my phone and dramatically pressed the phone button. But before I could hold it up to my ear he yanked my phone away.

“That’s it, I’m confiscating your phone for the rest of the day.” He evilly smirked at me. I let out a huge scoff at his decision.

“Whatever. If I happen to get stolen I won’t be able to dial the police! And it's going to be your fault”

“As if someone would even bother to steal you. They must be blind to do that!” He was mocking me. I decided to fight back. I stared at him for about a good 30 seconds before giving him a pout, dropping my head down, and slowly walking away.

“I was only kidding! Can’t even take a joke.” He grabbed one of my shoulders not letting me escape. I whipped my head back to him and started laughing uncontrollably.

“It’s so damn funny on how you fall for everything!” I pointed at him as I held my stomach due to the laughter.

“And it’s so hilarious how you always start being sad when I say mean things! Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you in the beginning. He shrugged giving me that “I told you so” look. I thought his eyes were going to be cold, but somehow they were just filled with warmth. Even so I’m going to get back at him.

“I took on that warning. But remember the great Kai apologized to me! I got a freaking apology from you!” His face was now a wildfire of hot blushes of embarrassment. I giggled at his attempt to hide his annoyed yet embarrassing face.

“At least I don’t cry as often as you! Saying you only cry on rare occasions. Pfft that’s a lie!”

“Well at least I’m not as submissive as you, like you are to your mom!”

“Well at least I don’t throw expensive sweets at the floor for no apparent reason.” That statement got on my last nerve. I didn’t want to be reminded of that incident. Just that very thought made me cringe with pain as memories of Jinyoung would flood my head. Steam poured out of my ears as I made a mad dash towards the bench to sit down and try to forget all of this. Kai eyed my actions curiously. I thought he felt bad or something as he sat down next to me. I averted my gaze the opposite direction so I wouldn’t be able to see his face.

“Here.”

“What?” I turned back around to be greeted with a delicious looking strawberry crepe in my face.

“You can have it.” I shook my head to decline his offer.

“No it’s yours, I can see that you clearly want it.” I answered him.

“It’s fine.” He inched the incredibly amazing sweet towards my face. He was getting closer to my mouth so I just took a huge bite out of it.

“Daebak!” Was all I could mumble as I took in all of its greatness in my mouth. It was so fluffy and sweet like a cloud. I gave him a thumbs up. I could hear a snicker coming from his side.

“What?!” I said with my mouth full sounded offended.

“You got a little something there.” He pointed at me. I stuck out my tongue and started to all over my lips. I could hear a faint little gulp from Kai.

“What is it now?” I angrily pouted. He reached towards my face with his hands, using his slender thumb to wipe away the whip cream that was stuck on my nose. I looked away in embarrassment not knowing what to say.

“Can’t I least get a thanks.”

“Thanks.” I said quickly and coughing in the process so he wouldn't hear. After that we just sat on the bench for a couple of hours doing absolutely nothing. Well it was my fault completely. I thought he needed a little quiet time after all the things I have caused. I don’t think he really minded though because he just sat back in silence.

Here and there we would utter out some words, but mostly about how this park was pretty that’s all. Nothing out of the usual. The peace was disturbed when one Jinyoung’s friends made it over way.

“Hey Min Ji-ah, it’s been a while! You still remember me right? Of course you do.” He excitedly said as he rubbed my head.

“Hey Gong Chan! Right back at you!” I gave him a bright smile. Even if he was that horrible betrayer’s friend I could never say no to him. He was just too cute with his sleek, black hair that was parted to the side letting you take in his soft, brown eyes. Gong Chan and I engaged in a friendly conversation about the usual how are you, what are you doing, etc. Kai looked like he didn’t care at all as he just sat there quietly.

“That’s Kim Jongin right? The guy with the rumors? You’re hanging out with him?!” Gong Chan asked.

“Yea. I don’t believe in that stuff Gong Chan you already know that!” I answered.

“I know that, but does Jinyoung know that you’re hanging out with a guy like him?”

“Since when he can tell me what I can and cannot do?! Gong Chan, I already told you, I don’t want to be involved with him ever again!” I shouted at him. I already told everything to Gong Chan after that agonizing day where I got beat up. I  trusted him a lot since we have been childhood friends. He was my partner in crime, the rain to the bow, my Eeyore to the tail, you get the jiff.

“I know, I know! Sheesh you don’t have to yell at me like that! I was just curious that’s all. But have you met up with Jinyoung yet?”

“Sadly yes, we accidently met in that bakery where he works at.”

“So he was right, they did meet!” He whispered in a low voice, but I caught on to what he said.

“What the heck?! He told you? Are you just trying to get information out me? Did he ask you to do something to me?

“No Ji-chan, he just asked me to check up on you! He said something about you crying. He told me he wanted to check up on you, but he was scared you would be mad so he asked me. Don’t be mad.”

“I’m not mad, it’s just I don’t get it. Why would he even care!” I stood up scratching my head in anger. What’s Jinyoung trying to do. Get me back some more. Is that it? He didn’t get to do it enough so now he’s using Gong Chan to get revenge for him! He’s really pissing me off.

“Trust me, he didn’t ask me to do anything to you. I wouldn’t even bother hurting you anyways. I mean I know you could hurt me badly, and that’s why I’m scared of you! But in all honestly, just to put it out there, he is worried about you.”

“Stop it right there Channie. Just leave now. I don’t want to hear stuff like this.”

“No just listen to me! All you have been doing is caring for yourself! Have you ever thought what has been happening to him too? Have you ever thought of his feelings? Do you even know how he acts now?!” I never saw Gong Chan ever get so angry in my life, his eyes flashed with fury. He would never even try to inflict anger at all. He grabbed my shoulders before saying the words that stunned me.

“He’s not even himself anymore.” He shook my shoulders gently as he stared into my eyes.

“Min Ji-ah, he’s changed. He’s become a different person. This is all because he misses you.” Those words just shocked me. I couldn’t think correctly. Is this real life or a dream? Why would he even miss me? He lied to because he pitied me. I don’t believe it all. I need actual proof. I took Gong Chan’s hand off my shoulders and stared into his eyes with a burning gaze.

“Go, I don’t want to deal with this.”

“But-“ Before he and I could even utter any words out, he suddenly left running. What was that? I took back my seat on the bench next to Kai.

“Finally, that annoying kid left.” Kai let out a huge sigh in relief.

“Did you hear everything?”

“I want to say no, but since you’re like this at the moment, I have to be honest with you. Yes I heard it all.”

“Whatever it’s not important.”

“No, I’m quite curious now. You have to tell me.”

“And why should I?”

“Because if you don’t I’ll go find that Jinyoung guy and tell him some stuff.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“Depends, do you feel threatened?”

“Aish fine I’ll tell you….” I basically sat there for a few hours telling him the story of my downfall and all the miserable things that happen. He seemed to understand as he gave me little gestures to continue on. I finally came to a stop.

“Tough life huh?” He whispered.

“Yea, but I don’t mind. Just don’t pity me or show me worthless sympathy. I don’t need it.”

“It’s funny how you believe I’m that type of guy. I basically tricked you into telling me your whole life drama.”

“Well gee thanks! I hope you enjoy that little drama, tune in next week for some more!” I sarcastically said.

“We should get going, it’s pretty late.” Kai said as he pointed up to the now moonlit, starry sky filled night. He went first and I followed him behind.

“So where’s my umbrella?” He asked out of nowhere on the way back to his home. The umbrella. I face palmed myself.

“I forgot it.”

“What?! I thought you said you would return it back. Do you know how much it means to me?” Kai asked with rage in his eyes. I wanted to make a snide remark on how such a thing could be so priceless to him, but I didn’t want to say anything. There was passion in his eye, so it must be something really special.

“I’m sorry! I’ll bring it tomorrow! It’s at my house at the moment.”

“That’s it we are going to your house tomorrow!”

“What! No you can’t let’s just study at your house.”

“Nope, I know you and my mother are going to do something weird. I won’t allow it. I’ll just go by your house to get my umbrella because I know you will forget it.” I didn’t want to give into his command, but I had to do it. The tone of his voice made it to where if I denied, I’m pretty sure I would be killed.

“Fine.” We kept walking down the long road. It was still a couple of miles until we would reach his house. Silence took over again for half of our walk.

“Achoo.” I let out a little sneeze. I thought it would just be one sneeze, but a couple more appeared. Instantly I got the shivers.

“Kai, I’m really cold” I tugged on his cardigan.

“Why didn’t you bring a jacket then?”  I kept on tugging on his dark cardigan to get his attention. He finally turned around and at that point I was using my hand to warm up my bare arm. He slammed his hand onto mine and another hand on his forehead.

“Aish. You have a cold. See, this is your fault! If you didn’t get drench in that rain the other day!” He kept on rambling on and on about how I was stupid. I couldn’t take the cold that much longer. I knew I was going to pass out due to the streets being blurred and my muscles tiring out.

“Kai, it’s so cold.” I whispered. He gave me a tsk before taking of his big, dark cardigan and putting me in it.

“There are you okay now?”

“Yea thanks Kai.” Suddenly everything turned into swirls as I fell towards him. Luckily he caught me in his arms.

“Hey Song Min Ji, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Yea just a little dizzy that’s all.” He looked really impatient from the way he was tapping his foot and biting his lips. Wow for some reason right now, he looks incredibly hot. Just wearing such a simple V-neck he looked gorgeous. What am I saying? This is the cold talking not me right? Kai swatted down onto the ground.

“Here, just get on my back.”

“You sure? I mean I can just keep on walking-“

“No. Get on right now.” I obeyed his order. I got on his back, he lifted me up and started to walk. We walked for a quarter mile in silence of course.

“I’m heavy aren’t I?”

“Yes you are, probably from all that food.”

“I’m sorry Kai.”

“For what?”

“Being like this. I’m sorry for bothering you.”

“No, you’re not at fault. It’s okay.”

“I’m sorry.” I whispered so he wouldn’t hear. At that point I noticed how close our faces were. I studied his features; he had long lashes for a guy, a sharp jawline and really amazing eyes. I dug my head in the back of his neck searching for comfort. I took in his strong strength. I could die right here, right now and I wouldn’t mind. I really love this position. It was comforting towards me. I guess it was probably because I haven’t received warmth from a person for a long time.

I decided to take this serene moment to think about what happened today. It all happened so fast. Kai knew my life story and we only been talking for like what 2 days? And here we are so close. We talked like longtime friends too. It was weird, but it wasn’t like I disliked it. In the midst of my thoughts Kai’s hand tucked the stands of my hair behind my ears. His sudden gesture made my heart twist into knots. Before I could savor this moment any longer the rainbow swirls appeared again this time dragging me into the dark.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

A/N: Wow such a long update right! I feel like I use too much dialogue and I move this story pretty slowly.
Except for this chapter, everything was so fast! I hope you could make some suggestions for me!I apologize if there are spelling or grammatical errors.  It would be awesome if you would check out my other stories if you enjoyed this one! Please show love by subscribing, commentings, and upvoting! Until then~ One again thank you for reading!