chapter twenty five

Why, Life?

Lee Taemin

“Huh?” Taemin looked confusedly at the main guy. “Water House?”

The guy dressed in black stooped down to Taemin’s sitting position and looked at the lad directly in his eyes, causing Taemin to move backwards slightly because of that guy’s invasion of his personal space.

“Or Water Tribe, if you wanna go all Avatar on me.” He smirked and patted Taemin on the head as he stood back up and walked to Yong Hwa.

“The Houses have recently been ‘categorized’ under various head names, and you and I are in the Water Tribe. We have various other Houses in this Tribe, and there are other Tribes, like the Fire Tribe, led by, duh, the House of Fire, who’s participating with us in the House Games, the Earth Tribe, this gets really Avatar-like, and the Beast Tribe. So yeah, it’s new and we’re all getting used to it, but it’s a starting tradition we wanna do to the Freshies in The Academy. With that all said, welcome to the Water Tribe!” The main guy explained, and yelled as he ‘welcomed’ them, whilst the rest of the people dressed in black clapped loudly.

“Aw, c’mon, don’t looked pissed. You get to do this to the next batch of Freshies okay? We got ours from the House of Poseidon, the main heads, and they were obviously scarier.” The main guy consoled as the House of Pirates glared at them, felling rather pissed off.

Taemin looked towards Yong Hwa, anticipating the Pirates’ next move.

Yong Hwa simply got up, gestured to the rest to stand and leave the swimming pool area.

The Pirates did so, willingly, but they were stopped at the main entrance.

Taemin hobbling over, wobbled as he bumped into the rest.

“Uh uh uh! No one leaves until the bosses arrive. Heads’ orders, can’t do nothing about it.” The main guy spoke up, with a cherry tone to it.

Taemin sighed. He had just gone through all the trouble of getting up and now he had to sit down again with that stupid injured foot again. Jonghyun saw his discomfort and slowly ushered Taemin to settle down once more, with a little less agony this time.

They waited for five minutes.

No one came.

They waited another ten.

No one came.

It was reaching the hour mark when Yong Hwa got really pissed and insisted for them to leave. By then, more than half of the Pirates were half asleep and Taemin was woken up by Yong Hwa’s loud insistence of the Pirates’ departure.

“What the hell man?! The Heads are a no-show, we’ve been waiting for almost an hour now, what d’you mean we can freaking leave?” Yong Hwa bellowed into the main guy’s face.

“Hold on buddy, chill. The Heads are always late. They’ll show up soon.” The main guy in black smiled lazily at Yong Hwa and patted his chest to get him to step back and sit down.

“No I will not-“ Yong Hwa began again but was interrupted by the loud slamming of the main doors of the swimming complex.

The Pirates, all startled, stood up from their chairs to get a good glimpse of the Heads, and Taemin along with Jonghyun’s help, struggled to stand up straight to see.

A large group comprising two Houses, strutted in, their heads cocked up slightly, and they all had an air of flair about them.

They’re all so… High and mighty… Like big shots… But they seem… Cool? Taemin thought as he watched twenty-eight tall and muscular men and women line up in front of the Pirates.

One of them, big and buff, stood forward and extended his hand towards Yong Hwa.

“Line up for inspection.” He simply stated and Yong Hwa frowned at him.

“Eh, have some respect for higher authority kid, and LINE UP FOR INSPECTION!” He yelled into Yong Hwa’s face, which got darker by the second.

He signaled to the Pirates to line up, and joined them, but he did so with a dark glare, causing the atmosphere to grow scary.

“Is it that hard?” The buff guy mocked Yong Hwa when they stood in a straight line, and Taemin bit his lip nervously as he watch Yong Hwa restrain from punching the guy in the face.

This wasn’t starting well…

 

Kim Jong Dae

Jong Dae glanced at the buff guy feeling rather upset. Who was he to tell them what to do? So what if they were longer in The Academy? They shouldn’t treat Freshies this way.

After mocking Yong Hwa, the guy smirked and walked down to the starting of the line, where Jong Dae was standing.

Although Jong Dae wanted so much to stand up to the big sized guy, he wouldn’t have enough strength to counter him. So he stood stock still, looking down at his feet, not making eye contact with the burly man.

Jong Dae could feel his presence close to him, and was suffocated by his rather huge air of ego. He frowned and bit his lip as he tried to contain his discomfort of the invasion of his personal bubble.

“Hmm, you seem like an interesting kid, Kim Jong Dae. You better do us proud once you have treatment.” Was all he said before walking away to the next one beside him. Jong Dae let out a small sigh of relief before realizing something; they knew his name!

He looked up in shock and glanced at the rest who seemed equally surprised at that same fact, before turning to the next guy beside him, Jong In.

“Ahh, Kim Jong In, a delinquent and a mama’s boy, so I hear. Make up your mind, because the two sides don’t match kiddo.”

Jong In looked down, his face, blushing red as the guy called him a mama’s boy, and Jong Dae watched him clench his fist tightly, trying not to bash the guy in the face.

He moved on to the rest, one by one.

To Taemin, “Lee Taemin, scrawny fellow, but you did pretty good in PT today. You set the bar high for yourself kid, don’t drop the standard now.”

To Jonghyun, “Kim Jonghyun, short, but pretty sturdy. Mama’s boy too, so I’ve heard. You and Jong In can go and dress yourselves up prettily for mama if you aren’t gonna man up. Choose a side.”

To Amber, “Oooh, a tomboy, much like one of our fellow ladies here. But you seem to be more my type. Welcome Amber Liu.”

To Sulli, “Ahh, Choi Jinri. We don’t really like girly girls or princess-y types here; they’re not appreciated. You need to be more like your unnie here, and I think we’ll do just fine. Welcome.”

To Chanyeol, “Moved over from the Beasts I see. Park Chanyeol, no betrayals, otherwise you go down the drain.”

To Yi Xing, “Haha, Mr Zhang Yi Xing. You have muscles my man! But I hear you don’t use them for the right things. Train up kid!”

To Kyung Soo, “Do Kyung Soo. Good chef, good singer, but we need a good fighter. Man up! Leave the cooking to the ladies and the singing to the sissys!”

To Ji Yong, “You seem like a scared one Kwon Ji Yong. Jump when you’re told to by us, or face the damn consequences of being pushed over! Grow up!”

To Jae Hyun, “Ahn Jae Hyun. You have an interesting background. No one sits on the fence. They choose one side and stick to it. Make up your damn mind and be loyal.”

To Min Hyuk, “Kang Min Hyuk, you got potential. Just, don’t be stubborn like the guy beside you ‘kay?”

And then, he headed to Yong Hwa. All the Pirates looked over, cautiously, worried that either side might blow up. Jong Dae prayed silently for Yong Hwa to control his anger.

The buff guy started off, smirking.

“Jung Yong Hwa. Interesting fellow. Personally when we heard about you, I really looked forward to meeting you the most. But your attitude pissed me off. It’s five in the morning and you guys aren’t used to this, so I’ll let it slide. But Yong Hwa, you have the greatest potential here as a leader, perhaps the next Head, but with your stubborn bull it’s not gonna work out. Mature and you’ll make one of the greatest leaders the Water Tribe and the House of Pirates has ever seen. Stay like this, and it’s a wasted talent. Good luck Yong Hwa.”

 

 

 

NOTE:

I’m so so so so so so sorry!!!!!!!

I totally forgot to update last week.. Don’t kill me..

Hoep you guys enjoyed this though!!

School has been great but busy, so… Don’t kill me!

 

Hey y'all.. I'm typing this particular part like now, so it's hours after I posted this chapter but like, I'm wondering if you guys know about Kris and SM? I just wanna make my stand here that I hope that things will turn out fine and that EXO will remain as they are. I guess I'm just really scared for them. Like even though he's not my bias, I don't think I can see a proper EXO without anyone of them. Whatever it is, I personally hope that things will be okay..

What about you guys? Do y'all feel the same way?