Words said at the wrong time

She says she's bulletproof

I suddenly woke up and felt my head hurt a little. I was about to massage my forehead near my temples when I felt a soft thing on it. Is this gauze? I looked around and realized that I’m inside the clinic.

 

 

Oh…. Right.

 

From what I remember, I was eating lunch with Taehyung and then out of the blue I was slapped real hard by someone and it somehow made me flew off my chair causing my head to bump on the wall just below the window.

Who could that be? I think it’s a girl. Is it…..

 

 

 

 

Is it Nana?

Aigoo. What to do with that girl.

I got out of the bed and walked out of the room. The nurse asked me if I’m now okay and if I can go home by myself without anyone to fetch me (because it's already almost five in the afternoon). I said yes and no one’s gonna fetch me anyways so she let me go. Outside, I saw Jimin waiting on a bench.

“Hey.” He stood, smiling.

“What are you still doing here? Where’s…. Taehyung?”

His smile faded.

“Why find somebody else when I’m already here?” He chuckled. “Kidding. Anyways, he is at the principal’s office with Yuri. I don’t know if they’re still there or they already left.” He shrugged.

“Yuri?”

“Yeah.”

“What’s with Yuri?”

“I know right. What’s with her? Why would she do that?”

I think he misunderstood my question.

But… wait…

“What? She…. Did this? To me?”

“That’s what they saw. You didn’t know?”

 

I can’t believe it.

 

 

My best friend….. did this? But why…?

 

Tears suddenly fell from my eyes like a waterfall.

Perhaps… it’s true… that she likes Taehyung too.

 

 

Jimin offered to wipe my tears but I fell to my knees as I hide my face with my two hands as I cry hard.

 

Is she hurting me just because she’s jealous?

Is she hurting his best friend just because of a guy?

 

“Yah…” Jimin said, calmly. He removed my hands from my damp, ugly face and wiped it with his hanky. He carefully brushed off hairs that are sticking on my face. “You know, maybe she was just—“

“It’s okay; you don’t have to save her. I know in the end, I will just forgive her like nothing happened because I am Gyeoul and being Gyeoul is being fragile. Just one apology is enough to make my heart sunk and feel guilty.”

“I know that. You always show that you are solid but I know, deep down there, you are actually liquid.” He fixed my hair and did some last wipes on my face. “Let’s go?” He said as he helped me stand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook gasped loudly as he got home when he saw me on the couch, trying to sleep. It woke me up. Gawd, Kookie.

“What happened, noona?” He threw his backpack and sat on the floor by the couch.

“Don’t be so overreacting. I just… knocked myself on a door when I was running. Don’t worry.”

He pouted like he was to be blamed. “I’m sorry. It’s one of those things again. I hate myself.”

“Kookie, you don’t have to think that you should always be here by my side to protect me. You are not my oppa.”

“But… even so, I am a guy. And a guy sibling should protect a girl sibling.”

“You know what you are being too sweet. You are not even like that when we were kids.” I tried to sit up straight. “C’mere.” I tapped the space beside me.

“Jeon Jungkook, do you know who you really are?”

 I saw his expression changed: from pouting to astonished.

He looked at me nervously. “Heh, of course. I am Jeon Jungkook. Son of Jeon Seungjeong and Han Mirae and the little brother of Jeon Hangyeoul. Is that not correct?”

I smiled a comforting smile and sighed. Thank heavens.

“Yes, all those are correct.” I petted his head. “You will always be my BABY brother, got it?”

“Yes, noona!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, I tried to go to school despite of my throbbing head and the nervous feeling. How would I face Yuri? Or even Taehyung who was supposed to be with me the whole day yesterday and is probably the cause of all of these?

Jungkook assisted me until I got in my room. We were early today and that explains why there are only 6 of us that are here inside the room. One of the people that are already here is Bomi.

All six of them went to me and of course, asked about what happened.

“I’m fine, don’t worry.”

Bomi hugged me. “I apologise in behalf of Yuri. We tried to block her but—“

“It’s okay, really. I understand.” They guided me to my seat.

“You know what, to be honest; I don’t believe Yuri can do that. Everyone knows she is your closest friend here, not to offend your other friends.” Minah said.

“I know.” Bomi agreed.

“What if she was just—“ Yerin paused as the door opened, giving way to Nana and her friends. They just looked at us and continued to walk towards their seats without even showing a hint of concern.

“The es are here.” Seungjae whispered as he put his arms around his mate, Hoyoung.

“I feel like they have something to do with what happened yesterday. I just can feel it,” whispered Hoyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The whole day passed boringly. Yuri’s not present. They said she got suspended for a week.

/Sigh/

Why is it that I still miss her even after she did this to me?

Well, maybe she never did this? I mean…. Maybe…. Maybe….

 

“Hey.” I heard a voice from behind me.

 

It’s the voice I’ve missed the whole day.

The voice I’ve been avoiding the whole day.

 

“I’m sorry.” He said.

I closed my locker.

 

 

It’s because of you.

Because of you, my friend hates me.

Because of you, I was hurt physically and emotionally.

Because of you, I might lose a friend.

 

 

I tried my best to keep tears from falling. I pursed my lips and just listened to what he is saying.

“I know, it’s my fault. If it wasn’t because of me, Yuri won’t do this to you.” I heard him sobbed. “You want me to tell you everything?” He pulled me to face him. I looked down to hide my teary eyes.

“Yuri…. Yuri confessed to me. It was just this Saturday. She confessed to me through text. I thought about it real hard. I thought about it so deep that I forgot to reply to her. That night I texted you if we can have a date the next day but your brother said you’ll be with him that day. Until the next day, which is yesterday, it was my turn to be with you. I—"

He paused as he acted nervous.

"WHAT!?" I said, impatiently.

"Actually…. Gyeoul…..”

Hearing my name, I looked at his eyes directly.

“Gyeoul, I was about to ask something to you to…. to clarify things between us, so I…. I invited you to lunch…. And I was about to—“

“What?? Clarify things… between us?”

“Gyeoul…. Jeon Hangyeoul… I….” He grabbed my hand gently and caressed it.

 

As usual, electricity flowed throughout my veins as our skin had contact.

This is making everything so hard.

This.... this feeling....

It makes life so complicated.

 

 

A tear fell from his eye and he kissed my hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Gyeoul…. I love you...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Shoutout to:

usa_pyondesu | jeells | afina04 | lazyfish

 

taehyungieee TTATT please love me too

lol