The truth

She says she's bulletproof

A/N: HI guysss~ TTATT I'm sorry I was out for days. I had issues with my internet connection so I had no time to update this story. In this chapter, there will be a change of POVs. And just to remind you, in every 2nd person POVs, the italicized parts are the ones Gyeoul/you is/are thinking.


 

[2ND PERSON POV]

 

It takes courage for a sincere guy to confess his feelings. And that’s what you saw from Taehyung just now. The way he said it, the way a tear fell from his eye down to his cheek—you knew he is serious….

 

 

..... and at the same time, scared;

Scared of rejection;

Rejection that is always associated with the name Jeon Hangyeoul.

 

You felt guilty. You felt bad.

You felt like you are the worst person in the world for rejecting people even though at times you weren’t aware that you are actually snubbing them.

But you knew this is something different.

It's your first time to have a guy bravely confesses in front of you.

It’s your first time to witness a guy tearing up as he confesses.

It’s your first time that you felt something weird in your heart, mind and internal organs as a guy told you his feelings.

It’s the first time that a guy you have some crazy feelings for but you don’t understand confessed to you.

 

 

But….

 

 

 

“I….” You slipped your hand out of his hold. You felt a presence just a metre away from the scene. You looked away from Taehyung to the right side and saw Jimin with an I-can’t-believe-this expression but is looking at the floor just behind a block of lockers, trying to hide.

 

 

I can’t…..

 

 

 

“Taehyung… I…. I’m sorry.” You felt your eyes are going to burst out tears like Niagara Falls in no time so you decided to walk away.

But he held your hand and didn’t say anything. You struggled out of his hold.

“Wait.” He said with a voice that obviously came from a crying guy.

It struck your heart.

“Gyeoul, I know you feel the same way too. I know it because you are my soulmate—you are the reason that my tulip keeps on blooming day by day. I know you are the person that my grandpa has told me that will not push me away if I kiss her; the person that he told me that I will give my first confession to; the person he told me that will not reject me because she has the same feelings for me too but—“

“I AM NOT YOUR SOULMATE TAEHYUNG! GROW UP!” You whispered as you shook your hand to get away from his hold. It made your tears fell hard.

You saw him broke down in tears as he knelt on the floor. “Please….. Gyeoul….”

It crushed your heart. You felt like a criminal who is seeing her victim die right before her eyes.

“What are you doing!? Get up there!” You helped him stand but he was so weak so he ended up hugging you as soon as he stood.

“Kim Taehyung, please—“

“No, Gyeoul. Wait.” He sobbed and hugged you tighter. “Gyeoul, I want to know what you truly feel.”

 

 

What I feel…..?

 

My friendship with Yuri already has a crack and might totally break in no time and now you are telling me you love me when she already confessed to you? What, to have an alibi that you can’t accept her love? And then totally crash our friendship?

I am really confused right now to be honest.

 

 

But……

 

 

 

I’m sorry, Kim Taehyung. I can’t pick love over friendship.

 

 

“I don’t feel anything. What should I feel anyway?” You swallowed hard and tried not to cry.

He sniffed. He removed his hands from you and wiped his eyes with his hands and ran it through his hair. He cleared his throat and looked at you with red, puffy eyes.

“You’re lying. I felt your heart beating so fast just now. I feel it every time I hug you.” He grabbed something from his bag. It seems familiar to you. He then went behind you and did something on your bag. “There.”

You removed your backpack from your shoulders and looked at it. You saw the yellow plushie hanging on a zipper. You looked at it and saw that it is actually a happy face emoticon plushie with a thin zipper on the bottom.

“What…”

“When the time you finally realize the truth comes, the zipper on the bottom. But please, don’t remove it from your bag. That’s the only evidence that you are accepting me as your friend.” He smiled weakly and left without saying anything. He didn’t even look back.

 

I’m sorry, Kim Taehyung…..

 

 

 

[1ST PERSON POV]

 

Thank God it’s Friday. The whole week has passed without Yuri beside me in the classroom, at the cafeteria, and without Taehyung talking to me. He even asked Mr. Ryu, our homeroom teacher, to have him exchange seats with someone at the front. His reason? He can’t see anything from the back. Bomi, who was at the front row beside Nana volunteered to exchange seats with him when Mr. Ryu asked the whole class. And of course, Nana became the happiest girl in the universe.

It has been about 30 minutes after dismissal. I went to Jimin’s locker after I’ve fixed mine. What’s taking him so long? Usually, he is the one who goes to my locker because he is already done and I’m still being so OC in fixing my things inside my locker. I was about to take a turn on this block of lockers when I bumped onto him.

“Ouch! Yah, what took you so long?”

“Nothing, nothing. Come on let’s go.” He pulled me nervously.

“Yah, what’s wrong?”

“Just…. Nothing. We have to talk to Yuri. Let’s go to her house.”

“Why?”

“I’ll tell it to you when we get there. I don’t want to repeat telling such a long story twice.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

We have arrived at Yuri’s house and I’m so grateful that their caretaker is at the front porch watering their plants. She immediately opened the gate as soon as she saw me outside.

“You’re here for Yuri, aren’t you? I’m glad you’re here. She hasn’t been going out of her room since this Monday. She doesn’t lock her door but she won’t come out. She doesn’t even touch the food I’m giving her. I’m getting worried day by day.”

“We’ll be doing everything we can. We’ll try to talk to her.”

 

She came with us inside the house. Jimin gasped as soon as we entered. It was his first time here that’s why perhaps he is so shocked. It’s not a secret to everyone who knew Yuri that she is this rich. It’s just that you can’t even see a hint from her that she is actually a daughter of a known CEO in the country because she is so simple. I even forget that fact sometimes when I’m with her.

What’s sad about their family is that, they are not complete anymore. Her mother went abroad because she knew that her husband is having an affair with someone. Or some-many. She had her own family there but she still contacts Yuri and her sister. Yuri and her sister hated their father so much because of that. And also because every time their father comes back home (which is very rare), he brings with him a woman—different woman every time. But they can’t leave the house or rebel to him because of school.

Aunt Seyoung, the caretaker, left us as soon as we came to Yuri’s room. She said she’ll bring snacks for us and Yuri, and I was so happy because I’m yet again going to taste Aunt Seyoung’s best dishes (yipeeee~).

I knocked on her door.

 

Knock

Knock

Kno—

 

The door opened immediately and a crying, skinny Yuri came out. She hugged me so tight and cried harder—and it shocked me. Isn’t she mad at me?

“Gyeoul…. I love you and I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.”

“Yu-Yuri… I….”

She removed her hands around me and stood in front me, with her head down. She slowly knelt.

“Oh my God, Yuri, stand up!” I tried to help her stand but she just tightened her hug on my knees. Tears were about to fall but I held it in. Jimin then came to help me.

“Yuri, I know everything. It’s not you. I mean, it’s not entirely you who did that. I know everything, come one. Let’s talk about it.” Jimin said.

Yuri finally stood and we went inside. We helped her walk towards her bed and helped her lay on it.

Jimin and I shared a cute cushion seat to sit on.

“Spill it out.” I nudged his arm.

“Okay. So a while ago, while we are on the locker room…. Uh… I heard two people talking about the incident…”

“Who?” I asked.

“Just… I don’t know, okay. So yeah, I heard—“

“Park Jimin, are you aware that you are actually an open children’s book—I repeat, CHILDREN's book—that can be easily read? It’s obvious that you know something.”

He can’t look at me. “YAH!” I tried startling him. And I think it’s effective.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aish! It’s Nana and….. Taehyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Shoutout to:

claudelleLoves | keembum | totorosfur | LOVI_DOTSS_12 | xoxoelovieeh | hansoora7 | CHOA0705 | rodzilawati | creepychannie | Karmeliask | Jichannie_

and to:

GSBTSV4Zelo and creepychannie - thanks for the upvotes, dearies~ ^^

 

yaaaayyy~ just had my hundredth day in tumblr :)) im so happy yet the recent chapters are really sad so i don't really know if i did bring out the sadness that taehyung and gyeoul should be feeling :( but anyways i love you all~ please keep reading, okay? <3 I'm really sorry for not having an update sooner. blame the internet, not me okay? kk :)