Ch. 7

You're Not Something I Want To Lose

*Jackson's POV* 

I woke up and looked around. It's dark. Was my house always this dark and lonely? Or is it just my feelings? Because sadness had filled up my house. I got up to the kitchen grabbing myself a water bottle.

"Jackson!" 

"Psssshhh!" I sprayed the water out of my mouth. "Ah, you scared me!"

"Have you had dinner yet?" My dad asked laughing at me. 

"Not yet.” 


"Why don't we go out and have dinner?" 

"No, we can just stay home and eat." 

"My treat. You're mom got super excited when I told her we're gonna go for dinner. She's in the car waiting. C'mon get ready to go." 

"What's the reason?"

"Food." 

"Okay. Let's go." I put my arm around my dad and we went out. 

We arrived at the place where my parents they wanted to eat. 

"We're reserved." My mom said to the waiter. "With the Kim's." 

"Oh, this way." He lead us. 

"I thought it was for food?" I said. 

"It was." My dad said laughing and say at a chair. While I sat across this other girl. 

"If this is one of those stupid arrange marriage and engagement then I won't take it. Stop making two people who don't love each other come together. Nothing will work out. I don't want my love life to be newly written. I want my love life to just go at it's pace." I said and stood up about to leave.

"I agree." I heard the girl say. 

"What are these two kids thinking? They were childhood friends." Our parents laughed. 

"Friends?" I thought. "Kim Eun Ji?" 

"W-Wang Ka Yee?!" She shouted. 

"How long has it been little sis?" 

"Oppa!!! I missed you so much. My parents didn't tell me anything and got me all scared. I thought I was gonna have to break up with my boyfriend!!" She said happily. 

"I thought the same." 

"You have a girlfriend?!" She asked excitedly. 

"Well, I like her and something occurred between us." 

"Oh, I see. Well don't worry. I'll support you no matter what happens. And if you ever have time to talk, tell me what happened. Maybe I could help." 

"Sure, but I kinda doubt it." I said. 

"Why's that?"

"Mom, dad, auntie, uncle, Eunji and I will go out to have a talk of our own. Enjoy your dinner." I said and we both left. 

We walked down to the nearest cafe and took a seat then began talking. 

"I started seeing this girl I liked for the past few months. However I found out she was in coma for two years after saving one of my friends from a fire. She was discharged the other day and I met her today. She doesn't remember me but I remember her." 

"So are you saying she's a ghost or wondering soul or spirit?" Eun Ji asked me. I nodded. "You're not joking right?" 

"I'm not." 

"Why is it that you could see her?" 

"I really don't know. I just suddenly met her." 

"Details?" 

"Well before I met her I had a crush on another girl. I've liked her for a few years however she liked my friend. She would always do stuff that makes me jealous and it annoys me. So one day when I was just so tired of it that I went to the rooftop of the school. I was relaxing when suddenly she took a picture of me on her phone. And that's how we met." 

"You were alone at the rooftop, right?" 

"Yeah." 

"Did you observe if she was there?" 

"No. I just thought I was alone because once you reach the roof top there's the edges and spots to sit. You see the whole top because the exit way is at the corner." 

"Maybe because you were upset your soul attracted her to accompany you?" 

"Maybe." I looked at my drink and then picked it up to drink. 

"When did you last see her?"

"About 2 months ago. She suddenly disappeared then suddenly I found out she was discharged." 

"So maybe during that time she went back to her body and recovered, lost her memories, and then was discharged. Maybe there was a reason why she went back to her body." 

"I really don't know why she went back because I thought that she was human so I didn't expect that she'll be gone. I just thought something came up and she couldn't come until I met her today." 

"Wait you met her today? So after two months you both meet again. But she forgot about you." 

"Yeah. She forgot."

"Don't be sad. I'm sure everything will fall into place soon." She said and comforted me. "Oh by the way I'm transferring to your school." 

"What?” 
 
"I'm transferring to your school. My parents they allowed me to transfer there." 

"Oh I see. When will you start school?" 

"Soon, it's just I don't have a uniform yet, so I have to get my uniform before starting." 

"Well that's good." 

"Yeah. Oh right. What's your phone number? Just asking so incase I need to find you at school nor held help with something." 

"010-382-8776." 

"Oppa I'll text to you later. I got to go now." She said grabbing her bag ready to leave. 

"Alright." I said and stood up. "And you grew up pretty." 

"You grew up good looking." 

We then made our own ways home.
 
I was in my bedroom laying on my bed thinking of man things. Yet I can’t figure out anything. I was still thinking when my phone vibrated. 
 
“Must be Eun JI.” I grabbed my phone and looked at it. 
 
“I just found out that I have you’re number on my phone. -____” 
 
“You probably saved my number when I gave it to you last time. are you okay with everything that going on right now? Your brain doesn’t hurt right? -Jackson” 
 
“I’m fine for the time being. I’ll tell you if something comes back to mind. Thanks and goodnight. -____” 
 
I sighed and put my phone aside. 
 
“I wished you remember me as soon as possible.” I closed my eyes and then somehow just fell asleep. 
 
Morning came and I made my way to school after breakfast. I was walking when I saw ____ across the street. 
 
“____!” I shouted. She turned and saw me and then smiled. 
 
“Good morning.” I said as soon as I ran over and got to her. 
 
“Good morning to you as well.” she said as we both continued walking to school. 
 
“So...I was wondering if I could come over sometime to play ball with your little brother. Is that fine?” I asked her. 
 
“Yeah, he’ll probably like the surprise. why not come over today. it’s also his birthday.” 
 
“Oh really? I guess I’ll be his present as well as showing up to play ball with him.” 
 
She laughed and nodded. “That’s as good idea.” 
 
“Oppa!” I heard someone yell from behind. I turned around and saw Eun JI. 
 
“Oh Eun Ji-ah.” 
 
“I just got my uniform early this morning.” She said happily. 
 
“That’s good. Eun JI meet ____. ____ this is my childhood friend Eun Ji.” I introduced them. 
 
They both greeted each other. 
 
*Your POV*
 
I greeted Eun JI with a soft smile. 
 
“Childhood friend?” I thought “Most chances one of them will like the other one.” I felt sad at that thought but then shook it away. “It shouldn’t matter anyways. I don’t even remember him nor know much about him yet.”
 
We finally arrived at school and headed our own ways because the warning bell came on. I sat in class as students stare at me. 
 
“Teacher why is she in our class? Shouldn’t she be in the class she was in before the fire occurred? it’s like letting her skip two years of school and just coming to an upper class, that’s not fair for us.” A student spoke. 
 
“Quiet.” The teacher said. “She’s still smarter than you even without those two year.” The teacher said to the student as the student shut his mouth and sat back down. 
 
“Anyways let’s start class. Now turn to page 362.” 
 
As soon as class was over I left class and went to the roof top my favorite place.
 
When I got up there I saw Jackson. 
 
“Oh, nice to see you here.” He said. 
 
“I’m surprised to see you here. Usually when it’s break or lunch time I come up here and nobody’s really here other than me.” I said. 
 
“You know…our first time meeting was up here on this rooftop. you took a picture of me and it’s still on your phone.”
 
“Really?” I took out my phone and look through my pictures and he was right. The picture I supposedly took was here, but how? 
 
“Weird right? I was surprised as well when I checked your phone and it was there. I thought that maybe it might have disappeared because you weren’t actually the one who took, it was just…Nevermind.” He said not finishing what he was saying before. 
 
“because I was a wondering soul?” I finished for him.
 
“How’d-“
 
“How did I know? That’s the only way the you could’ve seen me, especially because I was in coma, it’s possible that my should have left my body.” 
 
“Yeah…because you were a wandering soul.” 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------