Why are you shaking up my heart?

Push to unlock (my heart)

The first week had gone by quickly, a tight schedule had made sure of it. Most nights all members passed out after 2 minutes laying down. Yoongi didn't hear too much from the guy and neither did he have the energy nor time himself either. So he guessed it worked out well. The new song they had been working on sounded promising,  and Yoongi even had inspiration to write some of his own. He had sent some of the lyrics to the guy, even before showing it to Namjoon. Which afterwards had surprised even himself, as it made him realize how comfortable their interactions were. Yoongi never really showed off his lyrics unless they had been perfected, but he had to this guy. Strange.

The second week however was torture. Everything had been well, until they had a couple of shows and interviews to attend. And somehow he felt like the universe was onto him, like: 'you thought you'd get away that easily?' Think again'. Cos for some reason Yoongi had been placed next to Jimin every time,  he played it cool. But in reality just sitting next to him, being so close for a longer amount of time had Yoongi swallowing every 2 seconds. Every time Jimin would move it would send tiny brushes of wind over Yoongi's skin, and he prayed to god that neither Jimin nor the cameras caught the goose bumps spreading on his arms. He crossed them trying to casually rub them away with his hands, which was damp with sweat.

'He had been almost over Jimin, right?' Yoongi felt like banging his head against a wall. He had been used to being in the same room, and not looking directly at Jimin. It had worked, or at least he had felt like it was working, his heart getting calmer. This new guy made it slowly disappear, the feelings. That's what he had thought. '', Yoongi thought. He could see Jimin smile in his side vision. ' you, and everything that is you Jimin', he thought at the same time as he felt the tingling feeling in his chest, before a rapid sharp pain ripped it all apart. All he saw was Jimin's eyes shining with sadness, not knowing what to say to not hurt Yoongi, flashing in front of his eyes. If it wasn't a broadcast Yoongi would've left right that second. To get as far away from anything and everything that could remind him of the guy sitting next to him with the smile of a thousand suns. The guy that now only ever looked at him with a pained expression.

---

They had all been styled in dark green uniforms for today's broadcast, and Yoongi had been the first to get ready. When he walked out Jimin had turned away quickly so the other didn't catch his open mouth and blushing cheeks. 'Damn, why did Yoongi have to look so good in a uniform, huh?' he thought, as he now sat next to Yoongi trying to control himself. He tried his best not to look at him, but, ah ,his profile was so delicate and Jimin hadn't been this close for so long. It made it so difficult to keep his eyes on whoever was talking.

'No, no, no, Jimin get your together'. He wanted to slap his own face to regain some focus.' You're meeting the app guy in a couple of day, and you should know by now that Yoongi doesn't want that anymore, you ed that up'. He sighed quietly giving the boy next to him a quick last glance.' And you should also be over it by now', he tried to pep talk himself, and it worked a little. 'Cause why should he sit here like a love struck person when Yoongi looked totally okay? Nope, focus Jimin'. He managed to get through the broadcast as his laughing and charming self with not much trouble. ' Thank god it's over'. He raised his hand to his chest. His heart beating like he'd been running a marathon.

---

After the broadcast Yoongi sat lost in thoughts for a long time. He really had thought he'd gotten further than this. That his feelings for Jimin was going away, but after today he wasn't sure. He felt conflicted about what to do regarding the whole situation with the app guy in the picture. Min Yoongi was maybe not the best at talking about what was on his mind, but if there was one thing he hated it was keeping stuff from others that could end up hurting them. He knew what he had to do, he got up from his comfortable spot in the couch and made his way into the bedroom and his charging phone.

He sent a message to the guy, explaining. Explaining that he had had this huge crush which he thought was gone, but that he today had been reminded of his feelings and that he didn't know what it all meant. He also added that his crush didn't like him that way so it wasn't really much to do. Because of this he didn't want the guy to expect too much meeting up, knowing the situation. He apologized for not saying anything sooner, but that he had no intentions of hurting the guy. If he now rather wanted to meet someone else that was ready for whatever he was looking for, that was okay. Yoongi would understand. But he added that he had become really fond of this mysterious guy, and would still like to meet up and see how things went if he also still wanted to.

Yoongi waited nervously as he saw the guy had received and was now read his message. He started typing a respond, and Yoongi swallowed. 'Aghh , why are emotions and  stuff so complicated', he had time to think before a single number 1 popped up in his mailbox on the app.

---

It was the day before Jimin was meeting the guy with no face and no real name. The last few days they had shared secrets. Some of them being secrets Jimin hadn't dared tell anyone, not even his other members. Jimin admired the guy behind the username, he had been so worried about hurting Jimin without even having met him yet. The guy had confessed about a one sided love he had had for some time, and that he still felt sometimes. Jimin had said he understood where the guy was coming from, thinking about how he had felt during the broadcast sitting there next to Yoongi. So Jimin had confessed his up as well. About how he was so confused and scared about hurting the one he liked because he was so unsure of his feeling. How he lost his one chance, and that he still felt the sharp pain of unexplainable feelings sometimes. Jimin told the guy they would just take things as they came.  Jimin had felt good, cause of how easy it had been to open up and be honest with the other. ' It's all going to be alright either way, there is something special about him'. Even with only positive thoughts in his head, sleeping felt impossible as he kept rolling around in bed. Only a few more hours before the faceless guy wouldn't be faceless anymore.

---

15.07

The park, at 17.30. Look for the handsome genius aka. black hoodie, ripped jeans and a black beanie.

17.02

Then you just look for the attractive dancer aka. black snapback, plain white shirt and dark denim shorts, see you in a few!

---

Jimin didn't think twice about it when Yoongi walked out the door 17.10 wearing his favorite black hoodie and everyday ripped jeans. Because Yoongi was Yoongi, and Jimin was way too nervous about meeting this mysterious guy after over 2 months of texting to care about what Yoongi was up to on his day off.  Jimin checked his reflection in the mirror one more time. Stared at every inch of his reflection to spot if anything was off. Except for his a bit to chubby cheeks, and baby face in his opinion, he had some small dark circles underneath his eyes. Last night had went by slowly and without much sleep, just spastic rolling around in bed hoping he would fall asleep. He quickly dotted some of Jungkook's foundation underneath his eyes. He smiled to his own reflection, saw his eyes turn into small crescents and said a loud 'yush!' before he turned to look at the clock. The clock had become 17.25 already, '', he would be late if he didn't leave immediately.

He hurriedly put on his shoes, and yelled a quick 'Bye!'. The other members totally immersed in their Mario Kart tournament, too busy to even answer. Jimin knew it took about 10 minutes to walk to the park so he kept a slow jogging pace from the moment he stepped outside the door. From the first step his heart and pulse was sky high. He was so excited and nervous he couldn't even remember the last time he felt like this. 'Please go well, please be as amazing as you seem, please like me', he chanted the entire way to the park. As soon as his feet touched the familiar gravel on the path leading around the park, Jimin froze. He tried to take some deep breaths. He closed his eyes, mentally preparing for whatever might happen as soon as his eyes would rest on this so called "handsome genius". Jimin entered the park.

---

Yoongi had found a bench overlooking the park, and was now sitting in the shadow. He had been 5 minutes early so he thought he'd get a good look at the guy he was meeting from afar if he could spot him first. He checked his watch, 17.30, which meant he could be here any moment, if he wasn't already of course. Yoongi started to look for the guy amongst the people in the park, his eyes sweeping the large area. There was a group of friends having a picnic, a few couples probably out on dates or something and a couple of runners running along the many paths. Yoongi didn't see anyone fitting the description he had gotten on his phone. He looked at the southern entrance, and froze a little, because he knew that silhouette standing there catching his breath.

'What in the world is Jimin doing here? I thought he was going to play Mario with the rest', Yoongi followed Jimin with his eyes as he made his way into the park. 'He hadn't been following Yoongi? Nah, that be stupid. But why?'. Jimin was looking around, almost like he was looking for someone or something. 'Ahh, why did you of all people have to come', Yoongi sighed. His heart tightening a little. He didn't particularly want to meet the app guy with Jimin being catch them. Surely not after a week like he had had with all these confusing feeling. Yoongi turned away, got off the bench and sat down next to a tree, not visible from Jimin's point of view. 'There is no way I'm meeting anyone with you here', he thought sadly as he pulled out his phone and put his headset on. Music was freedom for Yoongi in situations like this, detachment, just existing.

---

Jimin paced back and forth on the main path in the park, checking his phone every 5 seconds to see if he had any messages. The guy was late, it had been 20 minutes already and Jimin hadn't seen anyone fitting the guys description. As time went by the park got emptier and emptier. The sun was starting to set and the last couple was walking out of the park holding hands. Jimin took a last look at his phone, no messages. He gently threw the phone into the grass and sat down. He hid his face in his tiny hands, and just sat there breathing for a while. 'Why hadn't he showed up?'

He quickly picked up his phone and logged into the app. The guy hadn't been online since he had read Jimin's last message. Jimin scrolled through the last days conversations. 'Had he said something wrong? Was there and signs that the guy had changed his mind about him?' With every non answered question Jimin could feel his chest tighten. He quickly typed in a short message stating that he had been waiting but would be leaving if he didn't show up in the next 10 minutes. Jimin clenched his phone. 'Had the guy just been out to just play Jimin? Or had the guy actually seen Jimin making his way here and then left when he had seen what he looked like? Maybe he had disliked what he had seen?'. Jimin unlocked his phone again, pushed the camera button and stared at his face. He could see his eyes turn watery. He quickly closed them and took deep breaths trying to calm himself down.

---

Yoongi was brought back to reality when his phone vibrated in his hand, the notification said he had a message on the dating app. Looking at the clock Yoongi guessed that the guy hadn't made it and now sent a message to apologize and explain. He stretched his arms up along the tree and looked around again. Only a few people were walking through the park now as the sun had set. His eyes stopped at the familiar shape sitting on the grass.' What on earth did he still do here? It was getting late, and Jimin wasn't really the type to go on late night walks, was he?' Yoongi thought as he made his way up to a standing position. It was getting late so he might as well take the kid home with him. He didn't really want to make up things to talk about the entire way home, but he felt it was stupid to just leave when they were both going the same way anyway. Yoongi took a deep breath and started moving towards where Jimin was sitting.

---

'Hey kid, what are you doing out at this hour alone, huh?'

Jimin was about to leave but was startled when a voice was heard coming towards him, and for 2 seconds he thought it was finally the guy showing up. But nope, it was just Yoongi. 'What was he even doing here?'

'I had my reasons..', Jimin said keeping his face hidden looking at the ground as he got up. His heart speeding up a little.

'Well I was heading home and saw you sitting here so... Want to tag along? We are going the same way after all?' Yoongi asked unsure rubbing at the back of his neck.

Jimin just nodded in responds, tucked his hands into his pockets, and started walking towards the dorm. Yoongi quickly followed looking around, as both could feel the awkward atmosphere. They hadn't really been alone like this since, yeah, that time. Jimin kept looking at the ground as they walked in silence.

' Is something wrong?' Yoongi asked.

'Nothing you have to worry about, it's not like we talk a lot anymore..', Jimin said kicking a pebble and it bounced off into the grass. It had sounded harsher than he intended to.' It's not your fault, by would you of all people have to be here..'

---

Yoongi is silenced for bit. It was true that the two hadn't really talked much after the incident. But he still cared for Jimin, and he had thought the kid still knew that. Even if his name was Yoongi and he wasn't the best at expressing it. Neither of them had said anything about what had happened back then.' Maybe now was the time to get rid of this nonsense awkward atmosphere? They were living together for laughing out loud, and they would keep doing so for a long time so this was starting to get silly'.

' You know..' Yoongi started. 'Just because we haven't talked just the two of us in a while doesn't mean I care about you any less you know?' he finished unsure and slightly embarrassed. 'So if anything is wrong please tell me okay?'

Jimin finally looked up, Yoongi almost took a step back as he saw the younger had a salty tear running down his cheek. 'Had Yoongi said something wrong?' Jimin quickly wiped it away with this thumb before he let his head hang again.

'I-I-I'm sorry for what happened...you know..when you..back then', Jimin said nervously, his hands playing with the hem of his shirt.

---

Yoongi laughed and Jimin looked at his hyung surprised.

'You shouldn't be. It's not your fault Jimin' Yoongi looked at Jimin, his voice filled with sincerity. 'You couldn't do anything about it. You can't control feelings you know. I just couldn't stand the way you kept looking at me like you kept hurting me afterwards. So I just kept a bit of distance, I thought it was the best for the both of us considering..', Yoongi said as he fixed the hood on his hoodie.

'Th-Thank you hyung' Jimin said, as he was at loss of other things to say. He just kept looking at Yoongi walking next  to him. 'He looks so good,oh why'. Jimin easily admitted he missed talking like this with the older, they used to this allot more often before. The times Jimin would work late in the dance studio and Yoongi would sit there with his laptop, occasionally giving Jimin some encouraging words or feedback. He really did miss the old connection the two of them had had before they both had started acting weird. He felt his eyes starting to water again for a totally different reason that earlier. His heart sped up a further.

'So don't think about it, okay? Please tell me why you were at the park, and why you're upset' Yoongi asked as he had seen the way Jimin's eyes had started to fill with tears again.

'Promise you won't laugh? It might sound really stupid you know?' Jimin felt kind of nervous. He hadn't really told any of the members that he was going to meet up with a guy from a dating app. A guy he didn't even know the name of, and telling Yoongi of all of them had him swallowing one extra time. Yoongi looked at him encouragingly and waited for Jimin to continue. ' Would he be upset? Of course not, he was over Jimin long time ago.'

'Well..', Jimin coughed. 'I've been talking to a guy online.. and we kind of decided to meet up today as our schedule has been so packed and everything', Jimin saw the surprised expression on Yoongi's face.

'Okay, then didn't it go well? Is that why you are upset?' Yoongi asked carefully. His chest ached and it got harder to breath. He didn't think Jimin would be the guy who needed to go online to find someone like that.

'I don't know...He didn't show up. I don't know, maybe I said something wrong...I haven't heard from him after we said we would meet up later today', Jimin looked into the distance as his thoughts once again went back to their latest conversations. 'What did I do..'

Just then, when Yoongi looked at Jimin they passed underneath a lamp post and the light showed the visible trail after tears down Jimin's cheeks. Yoongi stopped and Jimin looked confused at him.

'Jimin, are you wearing makeup meeting this guy?' Yoongi said with a suspicious look on his face. 'He obviously wanted to impress this guy..'

Jimin quickly put his hands on his cheeks trying to hide it.

'I didn't sleep very much last night because I was so nervous okay? And I couldn't really meet this guy looking all dead...', Jimin said cheeks heating up. 'And now Yoongi thinks I'm probably being stupid..why Yoongi,why?'

'Aha, so you were the ghost sitting with us this morning at breakfast. Yes you looked horrible, a very wise decision indeed', Yoongi laughed at his own bad joke and started walking again. 'Stupid..You look good no matter what. It's not like you have to try so hard'. He got a well deserved punch in the shoulder from Jimin as he smiled.

'Well what's the guys name?'

'I don't.. know...' Jimin said a little unsure. 'This is not going well'

Yoongi raised a brow and looked at Jimin.

' You don't know? Well what do he look like then?' Yoongi kept looking at the younger in his side vision. 'He better be perfect Jimin, you don't deserve anything less'. His heart aching as he thought about what kind of guy it could be that got Jimin falling for him.

'D-Don't know..', Jimin felt kind of awkward saying it out loud. It had made sense for the two of them, but he could understand how others would maybe find this fact weird.

'Wait, wait. Okay so you do not know the name, nor what the guy you were supposed to meet up with looks like? Then how do you know he wasn't at the park after all?' Something at the back of Yoongi's mind started bugging him, like it was something he should understand but couldn't put his finger on. ' I guess it's normal for internet dating to be like that'.

'Because we told each other what we would be wearing, and I don't know about you, but I couldn't see anyone in the park dressed like a handsome genius.'

*Click*

 At this moment something in Yoongi's brain just clicked. Quickly all the little pieces came together and Yoongi had to restrain himself from yelling a big OMG!. He couldn't hear what Jimin was saying anymore either because he was staring. His eyes first now collecting the details. Walking next to Yoongi was a guy wearing the exact same things as the guy from the app had said he'd be wearing. And that guy was someone he had known the entire time, Jimin was the guy from the app. Yoongi had a hard time really understanding that his mind wasn't ing with him.

'Do you think I did something wrong hyung? That he on purpose didn't meet me for some reason?' Jimin's voice turned into a whisper. The question and Jimin's eyes burning on his skin brought Yoongi back.

' Of course not, no, no, he probably had a good reason for not showing up Jimin. But euhm..are you really sure you like this guy? I mean as you don't really know that much specific about him?' Yoongi said stressed, his brain not keeping up with all this new information. ' This isn't happening'.

'From what I've learned through talking to him, he is a very nice guy hyung, and yes I think I do like him. He makes me smile, and makes me want to do my best at all times you know? But yeah, I wanted to meet him to see if that impression was correct you know...So I hope you are right about what you just said' Jimin said hopefully.' But then there is you too, Yoongi...why can't I get over you'.

'I don't want to be set up again..', Jimin looked down at the ground again.

Yoongi saw how insecure the whole situation had made Jimin, and he immediately felt bad. They reached the entrance of their dorm building. The walk back had gone by quickly talking like this.

'Well can I ask what the guys nick is then, the name you know him under from the page you know?' Yoongi had to be 100% sure, and he had to know now. ' It has to be a joke, it's just a coincidence right? It can't really be?'

Jimin turned to look at Yoongi and smiled as he said:

'Blackcat-rapper', Jimin's cheeks slightly blushing as he said it out loud.

If he wasn't holding onto the handle in the elevator Yoongi was certain he would have fallen straight to the ground. There was no denying it anymore, Jimin was 100% in fact the guy Yoongi had been talking too for 2 months without even knowing it. How bizarre was this situation. Yoongi felt an urge to laugh at it all, but he didn't. Because Jimin had someone else pictured in his head when he talked about the guy from the app. He didn't know that, that person was in fact Yoongi. But now Yoongi knew, and he felt the pain again in his chest. He knew he would be the one disappointing Jimin at some point when he found out. Because Yoongi was just Yoongi to Jimin. He knew that it would hurt just as much this time. Hurt so much when Jimin would look at him with those eyes of sadness when he knew.

'What about you hyung? Why where you in the park?' Jimin asked as the elevator doors opened.

'I was just out getting some air after the busy schedule we had', he answered. His mind blank as he opened the door to their dorm.

Jimin nodded in acknowledgment . Before they even got their shoes off Jimin was attacked by Tae and Jungkook who immediately started dragging him off. Jimin gave Yoongi a last look of thank you, before he willingly followed the others.

Yoongi just stood there. 'What the do I do....'