Chapter 16

Through Everything

‘’Moon Byul-Yi, explain this instant’’ Faster than ever Byul-yi was off the couch and facing her parents and Yongsun was just frozen.

‘’Father, it’s not what it looks like.’’ Byul-yi tried.

‘’Not what it looks like? Then would you explain to me what it is you guys are doing on my couch in my home!’’ Her father didn’t seem happy. He was angry. Boiling angry. Even Yongsun could see that. She had never pictured herself in this situation before.

‘’I don’t support this kind of disgusting behavior Byul-yi! This is a sin and wrong in all kinds of ways. What are you doing?’’ He was screaming at this point, and tears had started developing in Byul-yi’s eyes.

‘’Father..’’

‘’No, Byul-yi. You are not my daughter. I can’t accept that my daughter are doing these kind of things.’’ Even more tears was forming in Byul-yi’s eyes. Yongsun was completely frozen, before Byul-yi’s dad head turned right over to her.

‘’What the hell are you still doing here? Get out!’’ He yelled at her. Yongsun kept still, unsure of what to do. ‘’Didn’t you hear me? Get out of my house!’’ He yelled once more, and Yongsun got right up on her feet.

‘’Father, it’s 1am, you can’t possible expect her to leave at this ho-‘’

‘’Shut up Byul-yi. I don’t want her in this house.’’ Her father interrupted her, and Yongsun was already picking up her stuff and putting them in her back faster than lighting, before getting up and moving towards the hallway. Byul-yi gave her a look, as if she was trying to say ‘you don’t need to, it’s too late’, but Yongsun just gave her a small smile and mumbled ‘it’s okay.’ Before moving to the hallway.

‘’Father! What kind of inhumane person are you to send an 18 year old alone out on the street in the middle of the ni-‘’ But she couldn’t say more before her father’s hand was touching the skin of her cheek. He had slapped her, and that hard. Yongsun heard the noise and got shocked, turning around to see the girl she cared more about then anything in the world with her head turned away from her father and hand on cheek. That was it. It’s okay that he is Byul-yi’s father and he can order her out of the house, but when she hits Byul-yi, it’s another story. You never lay your hands on your children. She didn’t care that it wasn’t as strongly seen down upon here, you just don’t do it. You never hit another human-being, no matter what. Violence is not the answer.

‘’Ya!’’ Yongsun screamed out and dropped her back. Byul-yi quickly turned her head to look at where the Ya came from, and saw her girlfriend about to enter the living room again.

‘’Yongsun, no! It’s okay!’’ Byul-yi tried. She didn’t want her father to get any more mad, and that was hard looking at his mood right now.

‘’It’s okay? It’s not okay, Byul-yi. He hit you.’’ Yongsun says, before looking over at the youngest father. ‘’You never hit your own children!’’ She starts in Korean, anger in her voice, before switching to English. ‘’I don’t know if you somehow think it’s okay, but it’s never okay to lay your hands on someone. Ever.’’ Yongsun says and she feels anger building up more and more in her voice.

‘’Get out of my house, you filthy human, or I’ll call the police.’’ Is the only response she gets from the dad.

‘’Yongsun, please go, please!’’ Byul-yi basically begs Yongsun. Yongsun looks unsure at them both, before giving Byul-yi a reassuring look, like ‘everything will be alright, we will fix this later’, before turning and heading out the door. She realized that she would just cause more damage than help if she stayed. But she still couldn’t help but feel guilty for leaving.

 When she is finally out the door, she can hear them yelling from inside. The father yelling at the daughter, and then her yelling back. She quickly gets away before calling a taxi to get home. While in the taxi, she starts sending Byul-yi messages, hoping she’ll reply as soon as she is in her room. 30 minutes in the taxi and finally home to her dorm, but still no reply from the black haired girl.

Yongsun had sat with her phone in her hand for two hours, texting and calling Byul-yi, but she couldn’t get any response. She asked Wheein and Hyejin to do the same, but they couldn’t get any response from the dark-haired girl. She was either still arguing with her father or he had taken away her electronic devices. Yongsun was really hoping for the last one.

Wheein had told her not to worry; she would be at school on Monday and then they could talk it out. Figure out the whole situation and what to do with it next. Her parents would never let her miss a school dat.

Except they did.

Monday came and Byul-yi was nowhere to be seen. She was absent from all her classes, and the teacher hadn’t gotten any message why. Yongsun kept on trying to call her, text her, but no response.

And the week went on like this.

Byul-yi didn’t show up Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and when Friday came along, she wasn’t here either. No one could get a hold of her, not even her old friends, the ‘popular’ people she used to hang with so much. Around Wednesday, it didn’t even ring anymore, but just went straight to voicemail, as if her phone had ran out of battery.

Yongsun was worried to death. What had happened after she left? Her parents hadn’t honestly gotten so mad they would keep her away from school, education? However, she was at the school and her parents knew that. Maybe they knew she only had a month, now three weeks, since it’s been almost a week without Byul-yi, left in Korea? Were they going to keep her away from school for a month, just so she would never meet her again? No, they couldn’t. They can’t.

Yongsun couldn’t believe it. It’s totally what they are doing. They are keeping us apart. She only had three weeks left until she had to leave her for gods know how long, and she was being kept away from her. It feels like the universe is against them, putting up things in their road so they can’t drive on it normally.

But if the universe is against us, why did it let us meet? Why did it let me meet her, half away across the globe from me, and fall in love with her, only to rip us apart? To see us in pain? Does the universe like seeing people in pain? It seems like it.  

After school on Friday, with still no contact from Byul-yi, the oldest took the first bus to Byul-yi’s neighborhood. She couldn’t accept this. She simply couldn’t. She was leaving in 3 weeks, Byul-yi was almost 18 and she couldn’t allow her parents to keep her away.

Arriving at the door, knocking three times really hard and waiting. And waiting. And waiting. She looked in the window, before knocking once more. The door opened and her father stood there. Taking him a second to recognize her.

‘’Get off my property or I’ll call the cops and get you throw out of my country.’’ He said, with ice cold voice, showing no emotions.

‘’Just let me talk to Byul-yi, ple-‘’ Door closed shut right in her face and locked. She stood there for a couple of seconds, shocked by what just happened, before knocking more. 5 knock, 6 knock, harder for each time.

‘’Please open up!’’ Yongsun tried to say through the door. 7 knock, 9 knocks, 14 knocks. The door opened.

‘’Byul-yi isn’t here. Go away.’’ Mr. Moon says, looking at her with a deadly stare. This left Yongsun as a question mark.

‘’Isn’t here? What do you me-‘’ She got cut off.

‘’None of your business. And stop calling and texting her.’’ And with that, he closed the door. Yongsun stood there for a question mark for a while. Not there? Where could she be? They hadn’t sent her abroad, like they do in drama, had they? No, they couldn’t, Yongsun would go back to America soon and they wouldn’t want to have them that close, across the globe from each other was close enough.

Where could she be? Had they sent her away somewhere else? No, they wouldn’t send her somewhere, would they? Then why wasn’t she home? Yongsun started slowly leaving the door, walking on the street.

Why would they do this? Why couldn’t they just accept their daughter for who she was? Isn’t it just love? Love is the same thing for everyone, gender shouldn’t matter. Why does it matter so much? Wheein and Hyejin accepted it right away, why can’t Mr and Mrs. Moon do that too?

Frustration was filling up Yongsun. Why? Why must she be taken away from her like this. Tears started filling up her eyes, and she collapsed, sat down at the street. She didn’t even try to hold back her tears, she just let the all out. Crying her heart out. Why? Why was the only word coming back to her head over and over again; Why must the universe be so cruel and hold us apart? Why can’t they just accept her? She is their daughter, they should love her no matter what. Yongsun was overfilled with emotion as she sat there, crying.

The weekend went by quickly. Wheein and Hyejin asked Yongsun if she wanted to hang out with them, but she had declined. The youngest still showed up at her doorstep, and they camped at her place for the entire weekend. They would stay up late, comfort Yongsun, hear her out on her thoughts, and just talk about it. Talk about how Byul-yi sure is safe and fine somewhere, just as frustrated, and talk about how they were going to fix this.

But Yongsun knew, she knew they wouldn’t be able to fix anything. Byul-yi’s parents had decided, she knew their decision was to keep them apart. They had taken Byul-yi’s phone, and they had taken her away from her school and her home. Yongsun knew she would never be with her moon again, never hug her, never laugh with her, never be with the person she had been the most emotionally connected with then anyone else in her life.

It had all been taken away from her. Away from them.

Monday came, and Byul-yi was not there. Yongsun knew this, it didn’t come as a shock. In lunch, she tried calling five time and sent twelve messages. After school, she broke down crying, again, this time with Hyejin present to comfort her.

Tuesday went by with Yongsun being quiet all day and no Byul-yi. Yongsun was starting to lose hope, any hope at all that she would ever see Byul-yi again. Like that, the love of her life was ripped away from her, and she didn’t have control over it. The world was against them, no matter how hard the fought to be together, trying to work against it. In her last class of the day she excused herself to her bathroom and ended her school day sitting there, in tears trying to call Byul-yi, feeling rather desperate and foolish at this point.

Wednesday went by without anything exciting. Teachers and students had begun to notice Byul-yi’s absent and they were talking. Yongsun knew she wouldn’t be returning soon.

On Wednesday in the morning class, the teacher had an announcement, she said. Mrs. Rogers, it was.

‘’I have an announcement students.’’ By this, the whole class got quiet and payed full attention to the teacher.

‘’The school staff has been informed that as of today, Miss. Moon Byul-yi is no longer a student at this school. She and her parents decided together to move her to a different school, which she will be living at. Many of you still have her social medias and numbers, so you can keep in touch with her and stay friends. Now I’ll start the lesson.’’

‘’They moved her to a different school. A school where you stay and live.’’ Yongsun told Wheein and Hyejin right after school had ended and they were walking home together. Yongsun didn’t want to take the bus today.

‘’They moved her because of me. Because I came to Korea and because I fell in love with her and because I couldn’t let her go. I know how her parents are, how they would react if they found out, but still I stuck to her.’’ Yongsun continued, tears welling up again. It was hard to go a day without crying. The girl was heartbroken. She had gotten her heart ripped right out and it hurt like hell. All she wanted to do was be with the girl she loved, in the soon only two weeks left of her stay in Korea, but she wouldn’t be able to. She were being stopped. And that made her hurt so much, it was indescribable.

‘’I will never see her again. I only have two weeks left here, and I can’t contact her in any way. She may not even live in Seoul anymore.’’ Yongsun continued, and Wheein and Hyejin couldn’t say much other then ‘’It’s not your fault, don’t blame yourself’’ and ‘’We will figure out a way for you guys to meet again.’’

Yongsun felt empty. She wondered how Byul-yi was. Was she happy at the new school? Did she hurt as much as she did? Was she maybe.. happy to be away from her? Maybe it was her idea, to move school, so she would lose feelings for her quickly? It didn’t help, Yongsun was sure she would never lose them; she would love her forever and she would hurt forever. Oh, what she would have done to you spend the next two weeks with her. Or even just get a proper goodbye. She just wanted to say goodbye for real, before leaving each others lives.

But she wouldn’t even be allowed to do that.

 

_______________________________

AU; Hello! Back with an update! It got kind of short, but I felt like I had to update to celebrate the comeback! Was it great or was it great? I absolutely love it, and seriously, people (people including mamamoo themself) saying that Mamamoo are a group with not so strong visuals need a reality check-up because I got blinded by their beauty! Also, have y'all seen Pride of 1cm live? They are such dork, why do I even stan them omg

So next chapter is the last chapter before a maybe possible epilouge, depends if you want one or not~ Are you excited? I know I am, I'm going to make it the longest chapter yet so look forward to it! Are you all concerned about how this all will work out? I have a plan~~  ;)

Also, I just want to thank whitewolf2342 here, instead of answering the comment. Honestly, your comment are my favorite comment so far on my story, and the first one that have made me cry. It was so much understanding and so many kind words in it I feel like I don't deserve, and I feel grateful to have an amazing person like you read my story<3 I was truly touched by your words, and I read it again and again, and are one of my inspirations for uploading this chapter so ''quickly'' (Quickly for me atleast!). I really liked your name change suggestions and I think I will use one of them or inspiration for one of them to change the name of the story as soon as I'm done with it~ 

I want to ask, how many here have been here from when I started on the in October? It doesn't feel that long ago, does it? Time have flew by wuickly and now we are soon at the end. It's a bittersweet feeling really~ 

Also, my last question? What was your favorite moment so far in the fic? And what was the most difficult for you to go through with Byul-yi and Yongsun? I'm really curious~

I'll see you in the next and possibly last update! It's been fun!<3