Nine009

The Broken Girl

Nine009

She tried to talk to me again, I ignored her as always. She would have done so had I not broken the promise to myself. Idiot. 

I'll have to get rid of her. Not get rid actually, but make her despise me. That's easier said than done. But then I remembered that she was depressed, it shouldn't be hard at least. She has Jimin by her side, she'll be fine. 

"Jungkook-ah." She called my name, I like the way my name sounded when she says it. I was hesitating, no I can't do that. So I strengthen my resolve and slammed my desk hard. I ignored the stinging from my palm. 

"Leave me the alone, Iri!" I shouted at her, attracting the attention of our classmates. Damn, I should have done it privately but oh well. "How pathetic can you get?!"

She opened in confusion but said nothing. "Stop with this clingy act of yours, it's like you're in love with me or something?!" I almost snorted in the irony. "I didn't say anything because hyung's my best friend, but I feel uncomfortable with all this skin ship, and frankly I find it desperate. So please for the sake of all your own self esteem, stop talking to me again." I forced loathing in my speech and I could see it working. 

Suddenly her eyes turned dead and cold, and then I knew she was back to her old self. She said nothing as she stood up and left, leaving our classmates gawking at me and her. I wanted to tell them to off, but then I was exhausted and so I let their stares persist. Let them think what they want. 

She took off early, citing monthly issues. Good to see I've repulsed her enough to send her leaving. I tried not to worry, it's hard not to. But then she has Jimin, she'll be fine. 

~

"What the did you do?" Jimin pushed me against the mirror when he barged into the studio. He was also the cute hyung, so it was unnerving him baring his teeth at me. 

Namjoon who was in during the commotion stepped up and pulled him away. "Jimin, what the hell's wrong?" His baritone reverberated through the studio. Likewise, Namjoon was not one to lose his temper. He was our leader after all. 

He looked around, "Where's Iri?" 

Jimin glared at me and pointed accusingly, "Ask him! She wouldn't leave the house, hyung. She told me she never wanted to come here again. So tell me Jeon Jungkook, what the did you say to her?!" He was borderline feral about now and Namjoon had to cupped his shoulder to keep him from going bat . 

"Kook, just answer the damn question." Namjoon ordered. I pursed my lips and looked away. 

"I did what I had to." I said coldly, daring them to challenge. But of course Jimin was too pissed to care. 

"What you had to?" Jimin sauntered closer threateningly. "Iri was crying when I left. I would have missed today if she hadn't pushed me away." His voice was getting dangerously low, I resisted the urge to gulp. 

And so I pushed against the mirror and glared at him face to face, "I would have thought you of all people would be happy, you were practically calling for blood when you so us sleeping together."

He pushed me again, this time I put my weight on my feet so I only swayed. He was stronger than he looks. 

"I gave you what you want." I sniffed. "It won't do you any good if she start replacing you with me."

"Jung-"

"You're in love with her, aren't you?" I interjected, my voice almost growling. I asked the question not without contempt. 

He seemed at a loss for word, Namjoon was looking upon us with an expression that told me he'd rather have someone else handling this situation. 

"This isn't about my feelings for her. She's MY best friend." He tried to change the subject. 

"Bull!" I cursed, scowling at his choice of words. "You didn't cry when Minah broke up with you. But you were bawling when Iri hurt her wrist."

"She's like a sister to me, of cour-"

"If you think that she's only just a sister to you, then you're delusional." I glared. "I stepped back because I know how much you guys meant to each other!"

My words seemed to register as Jimin looked at me in shock. Namjoon stared at me with pity, "Kook, don't tell me-"

"Say nothing of this." I didn't realised tears were falling, "I'll be fine. I'm the golden maknae, remember?"