Chapter 3: Partners

Always You

Dara’s POV:

My bestfriends who are also watching the guys enter the room saw what that jerk did (smirked at me) immediately interrogated me.

 

BOM: Do you know Kwon Jiyong?

 

CL: Yah Dara, do you know him?

 

DARA: (confused) Kwon who?

 

MINZY: Kwon Jiyong, Dara-unnie?

 

DARA: Who is that?

 

BOM: Well, he is the guy that entered our classroom last.

 

CL: Do you know him?

 

DARA: (realization) Ah, that jerk!

 

MINZY: Omo! Why jerk?

 

DARA: I don’t know him girls, but when I was standing by the University gate earlier I happen to have the misfortune to interact with him.

 

BOM: What happened?

 

Thus began the story of how I was able to meet that big jerk named Kwon Jiyong.

 

CL: Oh. So that’s what happened earlier.

 

MINZY: That explains the smirk. Kekeke!

 

DARA: He is really a jerk & an @ss! Hmp!

 

BOM: But a very good looking @ss, right cousin dear?

 

DARA: What? Good looking? Where? Over my dead body he is not even 20% good looking.

 

HAHAHA. The girls laugh simultaneously.

 

DARA: Yah! Why are you laughing?

 

CL: Honestly Dara, is Jiyong not good looking?

 

DARA: No, CL. Not even A bit.

 

I stubbornly replied.

 

BOM: Really? Are you sure?

 

DARA: Aish! You are beginning to annoy me Park Bom!

 

BOM: Hahaha! It’s just that we know you so well cousin dear.

 

MINZY: Yes Dara-unnie we know you well.

 

DARA: And so?

 

CL: We know you well enough to know that you find him attractive right?

 

DARA: What? No. I don’t!

 

BOM: You do couz. We saw the way you are looking at him when he enters the room earlier.

 

After hearing that being said by my crazy cousin, I blushed profusely. I can feel the heat on my cheeks. Surely this girls know me so well. But I’ll be damned before I admit to them that they are right this time. So I emphatically denied it.

 

DARA: No. You girls are wrong. I don’t like him. I was just looking at him because I was thinking what did those girls saw in him that made them swoon as I can’t see anything from him that is swoon worthy of!

 

CL: Right Dara. Deny it all you like. Hahaha!

 

DARA: CL!

 

BOM: Yes cousin dear. Deny it more, Hahaha!

 

MINZY: Hahaha! By the way, you are blushing unnie.

 

DARA: Aish! Stop it girls.

 

Just then, the door opens once again & our teacher came inside.

 

JIYONG’s POV: (earlier)

When I arrived at the gym all of my team members are ther waiting for me.

 

TOP: Yo man, why are you late?

 

SEUNGRI: Yes Jiyong-hyung, you are already 10 Minutes late.

 

JIYONG: Sorry, something happened on my way here.

 

Then the door opens and my best friend Youngbae enters.

 

JIYONG: You are late as well Youngbae?

 

YB: Yeah! I overslept.

 

COACH: It’s good that the Team Captain & Co-captain finally decides to show their faces.

 

JIYONG & YB: Mianhe Coach. (bows respectfully)

 

COACH: You may seat down. I called upon this meeting to let you know that the season will start early. I need all of you to practice more & give all your best to win the trophy once again. We are consistently winning for 4 years in a row now since Jiyong became the captain ball & I tell you I expect all the hard work & discipline to continue this year.

 

ALL: Yes coach.

 

COACH: Good. Practice will be every Tuesdays & Thursdays. It will start next week so fix your schedules, arrasso?

 

ALL: Yes Coach.

 

COACH: Ok. That’s all for today. Meeting adjourned.

 

One by one we went out of the gym. Since Youngbae, TOP, Daesung, Seungri & I are classmates (taking up Business Management) we go to the same way. Walking the hallway can be irritating at time, everyday girls will be screaming our name.

 

Girl 1: Ahhh! The Big Bang has arrived!

 

Girl 2: I love you Jiyong!

 

Girl 3: YB be my boyfriend!

 

Girl 4: Seungri be mine!

 

And so it goes until we reached the door of our class room.

 

Upon entering I felt as if someone was staring intently at me so I immediately looked for it. That’s when I saw a pair of beautiful orbs looking at me. The new girl! She is sitting beside CL & her friends, I noted. Hmmm, interesting, Will she be my classmate for all subjects or just Physics, I wonder.

 

I smirked at her, earning a retaliating glare from her. But I also saw her blush which pleases me. Does it mean that she is as affected by me as I am to her?

 

The guys sit at our usual chair. Then the door opens once more & Professor Jung enters.

 

Professor Jung: Good morning class.  Welcome to your freshmen year! For those who are new at this University, I am Jung Il-Woo & I will be your Physics teacher.

 

Students: Good morning Professor Jung.

 

Professor Jung: Since almost all of you have been studying at this University for a long time now, there is no need to introduce yourself apart from the transferee. Is she in today?

 

The New Girl raised her hand. Professor smiled kindly at her.

 

Professor Jung: Kindly stand & introduce yourself please.

 

New Girl: My Name is Sandara Park. I am a transferee from Manhattan, USA. Please be kind to me. (She bowed demurely in front of us)

 

Finally, the new girl has a name! Sure I could have easily gotten her name since we own this school but I don’t have time earlier as I was in a meeting.

 

Sandara. It means butterfly..Hmm.. the name fits her perfectly for she is as dainty & pretty as a butterfly.

 

Suddenly Seungri poked me in the cheeks.

 

JIYONG: Yah! What Panda?

 

SEUNGRI: What’s with the staring hyung? Are you interested in the new girl?

 

TOP: Hmm.. I noticed it as well. What’s with the staring really?

 

JIYONG: What? What are you guys talking about?

 

DAESUNG: (Shocked) You are blushing hyung! Omo!

 

YB: Hmm.. seems like Panda is right, you are interested in Sandara.

 

JIYONG: Me? Interested at her? You gotta be kidding me YB. I am not interested!

 

SEUNGRI: Really? But she is really pretty hyung.

 

DAESUNG: Not pretty. She is beautiful.

 

TOP: She is graceful as well.

 

YB: And as fair as snow. She looks delicate.

 

All the other guys look at him curiously.

 

YB: What? It’s true or can’t you guys see it?

 

JIYONG: Do you like him YB?

 

YB: So what if I do. What are you going to do about it then?

 

JIYONG: Ok fine, I like her. Happy now?

 

YB: Hahaha! I know you so well brother!

 

I watched the new girl, Sandara walk back to her chair. It’s true she is very beautiful & she looks so delicate. I decided right there & then that I want to get to know her better. I want to correct the bad impression that I made on her.

 

PROFESSOR JUNG: Okay class, listen up. Since my subject is Physics & we will be making experiments this year so I am assigning lab partners for each & every one of you. Your assigned partner will also be your seatmate here at the classroom. So when I call your name please go to your assigned seat with your new partner.

 

Oh great! Laboratory partner. I wonder who among my classmates will be my partner this year. Uh, almost all girls at my class were eyeing the 5 of us like vultures, hoping that one of us will be partnered with them.

 

PROFESSOR JUNG: Kang Daesung & Gong Minzy. Please come here in front seat. Next will be Lee Seungri & Lee Chaerin..

 

I saw Panda looking thoughtfully at CL before standing up to go to his newly assigned seat.

 

PROFESSOR JUNG: Choi Seunghyun & Park Bom

 

Hahaha! Nice! The aliens are partners. For a while I was worried because I though it will be Park Sandara’s name he will be calling. Goodness! What is happening with me.

 

The pairing has gone on & on until finally…

 

PROFESSOR JUNG: Kwon Jiyong & Park Sandara

 

Yes! This must be my lucky day!

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: I've been thinking about this story for a long time that's why I did multiple updates. Hope you'll like it.