Chapter 4: Of all the rotten luck!

Always You

DARA’s POV:

What? He, the Jerk will be my Lab Partner for the entire year. Of all the rotten luck! Great Dara! This must be your worst day!

 

I briefly looked at him before I stood up to go to our assigned seat & I saw him once again smirking. I wanted so badly to wipe off that smirk in his face! An @sshole really.

 

Why does he always bring out the worst in me considering we don’t know each other personally? I am not usually like this. I am patient & very understanding but with him it seems like I can’t control my temper? Why is that, I wonder.

 

I sit beside him, not saying anything & not even looking at him.

 

JIYONG: Hi Partner! I’m Kwon Jiyong!

 

I wanted badly to response, I know @sshole but I restrained myself, instead I answered nicely.

 

DARA: Hello, I’m Sandara.

 

JIYONG: So I’ve heard. Listen, I want to sincerely apologize for what happened earlier. I was just in a hurry & I did not mean to be disrespectful of you.

 

Disrespectful my @!Hmp! He is not only disrespect, he is extremely rude. But I can’t say it to his face, can I? I’ll play nice instead even if he annoys the hell out of me.

 

DARA: It’s okay. It’s actually my fault I was busy admiring the University I did not realize that I ws blocking someone’s way.

 

JIYONG: No please don’t blame yourself. It was my fault. If I was not busy checking up my phone while walking I would have seen you. I’m sorry also I did not help you pick up your things. It was very ungentlemanly of me. I was beyond rude.

 

DARA: Stop apologizing. Everything is fine with me. You are only human so it’s natural for you to be rude & cranky at times.

 

JIYONG: Still, what I did earlier was not very nice. I do hope to change your mind & make you see that I am not bad as you thought I am.

 

DARA: Hahaha! So, you know what I was thinking about you?

 

JIYONG: Well if I was in your place, it was not easy to guess what will be your first impression of me. So if it’s ok to you, can we please start all over again? Pretend that this is our first encounter & forget what happened earlier since we will be partners for the whole year?

 

DARA: Hmm.. ok then, it’s fine with me.

 

JIYONG: (clears throat) ahem. Hi! I am Kwon Jiyong. I will be your Lab Partner for the whole year.

 

DARA: (smiles) Hello, I am Sandara Park. Transferee from USA. It’s nice to meet you Partner. Please be kind to me.

 

JIYONG: (smiles) Ah.. Much better!

 

DARA: Yeah, this is much better.

 

Well, setting aside our differences earlier I found out that my Lab Partner is not so bad after all. Beneath all the swag and chic style, he is a nice guy. I guess he is not so bad after all!

 

JIYONG: Do you mind if I ask why did you transfer here?

 

DARA: No it’s alright. I just wanted to be with them,(pointing Bom, CL & Minzy who are lso busy talking with their partners) that’s why I transferred here.

 

JIYONG: Why, are you related to them?

 

DARA: Well, Bom is my cousin & one of my best friend. CL & Minzy is also my bestfriend.

 

JIYONG: Really? How did you became best friends with them when you are from US?

 

DARA: I stayed here until I was 8 before we moved to Manhattan. We are childhood friends & despite of the distance we manage to keep the friendship alive. It also helps that every summer vacation they came to stay with us for a month.

 

JIYONG: Oh. I see. That’s awesome. I’m glad you decided to come here.

 

DARA: (nods shyly) I am glad too.

 

YOUNGBAE’s POV:                                                                                                                           

Tough luck! I was hoping to be partnered with the new girl, but I was partnered with Uee instead. Its ok she is nice & all but I was really hoping it will be Sandara.

 

 Yes, I know what you are thinking. It’s true what I told my best friend & almost brother Jiyong, I am interested at her.

 

I saw her first actually, while she was busy admiring the University earlier I was also busy admiring her beauty.

 

I just parked my car on the campus grounds when I accidentally dropped my keys & upon picking it up I happened to glance at my right & saw her silently standing there.

 

 

I was captivated by her beauty. She looks like an angel standing against the sunlight with her long brown curly hair being blown by the breeze gently. She has graceful even in her stillness. But she also looks delicate like a flower that can be easily blown away.

 

I cannot describe the feelings I have felt that time. My heart beats fast just by merely glancing at her. I wanted to approach her but I cannot find the right excuse to tell her for fear that I might scare her away if I just approached her randomly.

 

Until I saw Jiyong slammed behind her. He was busy looking at his phone and briskly walking never realizing that he will collide with her. I saw when she lost her balance upon the impact causing her books to drop on the ground. I wanted to help her pick it up because Jiyong did not help her. I was irritated because he was not considerate enough to help her. I saw their heated exchange of arguments. I saw how her face darkened of irritation then she abruptly turns her back on him & walk away.

 

Sadly, I also saw how Jiyong was left rooted on the spot eyes following the back of that girl as if he was in some spell. The same spell that I have felt. That’s when I realized that after a very long time, another girl catches Jiyong’s attention.

 

You see, Jiyong & I grew up together. We are neighbors & our mother’s are best friends too. We are like brothers so we know each other well. Though Top, Seungri & Daesung are also our childhood friends, the bond between me & Jiyong is much stronger.

 

Despite of our popularity & girls are the ones professing their love for us, Jiyong is very reserved. He doesn’t care much for girls. Until one summer during high school when we were in Jeju Island vacationing, we met a girl that captures his attention. I witnessed how he fell head over heels in love with a girl, how that girl lead him on then dump him for another guy in the end. She encourages Jiyong’s advances giving him false hopes then hurting him in the end. I saw how badly hurt he is.

 

After that incident he became distant & aloof with other girls. He practically lives & breath basketball & the band & not really minding the girls that are practically laying a his feet hoping to catch his attention. Maybe that’s what happens when you get hurt right? You will change?

 

So, after a very long time it’s just now that I saw him again became interested in a girl. Even if it pains me, I know I would have to give way in order for him to attain his happiness. After all, I do not know Sandara very well so I guess it was still easy to set aside what I feel for her, or so I thought.