2. Of lunch and breakfast

it's you?

 

Seoul

 

Mingyu is walking along with his best friend, Jeon Wonwoo.

" how about this cafe dude?" He points at a small cafe located at the end of the road. Penguin cafe?

" Seriously are you into penguin?" Wonwoo laughs at his bff but still walking to the cafe di.

" It just cute and i find it interesting. Let just chill there. It almost noon btw. I'm hungry." They both decide to enter the cafe.

The lighting is nice, small but cozy. That what comes into his mind when he enter it. Kim Mingyu said it in his mind.

"Welcome." A cute petite lady, maybe in her end of twenty, still cute welcoming them but the girl dissapears in seconds, replaced by a handsome man already at their table.

" Here's the menu, you can see first and ring the bell if you guys are ready to order." The guy smile and went to the counter.

 

Spagetti? Lasagna?

" So i guess you're ordering your fav carbonara then?" Wonwoo kills the silence. Mingyu nods. Ring the belll!

" So?" The waiter/cashier/ manager maybe asks.

" One carbonara and penguin juice?" Mingyu smile into his order. Hahahah penguin juice? what kind of name is that but sokay.

" Lunch set 1. Add fries. Sky juice." Wonwoo adds.

They both chats on their works rants and everything until it come to a serious point.

" So i guess i'm marrying that girl mom shows me months before." Wonwoo starts and Mingyu just chuckled.

" So, you're whipped Wonwoo."

" Nope."

" I knew it the moment you show me her photo, you're already smiling eventho you said you didnt like her a bit. Lier!" Wonwoo laughs as the petite lady come back with the handsome man to serve them.

" Enjoy your lunch lads. Just call if you have something to add on."

They both later when to the counter.

 

Yummy! the cream sauce was so on point. The last bit of it are so entertaining. I gotta frequent at this place soon. Said Mingyu to Wonwoo.

" Just find a good girl who can cooks cream sauce this good, you will settled for life." Wonwoo sips his sky juice while Mingyu frowns.

" Marriage didnt convince me anything."

" You never know when you dont try Mingyu." He close his eyes for seconds.

" Im okay growing alone old, i can always interfere your life Wonwoo." He chuckles as his bff playfully hit his hands.

" No way Chayeon gonna kill you."

" Aigoo whipped boy. DOnt you dare to replace me."

 

He and wonwoo have been friends since elementary school. Some people might even call him gay because he never had a gf, so does Wonwoo until late last year, that friend of him get engaged to some family friend's daughter called Jung Chayeon. She's nice tho, even to this clingy bff of her fiance. But still Mingyu did not believe in love.

How can people get in love, then divorce. In love then break up. Let's not start if something like that gonna happen, That's what his theories all about. Defend. Dont involve in messy things called love. His family is pretty aware of his theories. And his parents would never dare to things like Wonwoo's parent does.

 

He thinks. But no. He gonna get a heartattack soon from the news coming in two minutes.

One minute.

Two minute.

He just enter the main entrance of the mansion of Kim Heechul household. Almost 3 pm in the evening. He expects no one home, but his parents in the main living room. Waiting for him.

" Uh appa umma. I thought you guys still in jeju for the conference?" He takes a seat near to his omma, hugging the old beautiful woman. Kim Sohee.

" We just arrived. Like an hour ago, where are you from baby? Dating?" His moms laughs while his dad keeping straight face and still focusing on what the tv is showing.

He laughs. " Yeah with Wonwoo." 

"Aigoo stop clinging over that boy, poor him. I heard from Madam Yeon he's going to get married soon?" Argh he hate when this your bff gonna get married soon when you're going to do that also conversation going on.

" Yes omma. Im going upstairs first." He stands up but another voice stops him.

" Mingyu sit down, we have things to discuss." His father said. Okay. Sit down and keep calm. What is this all about? He doesnt care about the inheritance or what. 

" So we find a match for you." Match? What match? What match? He stares and his mom and try to digest the word.

" yean Mingyu and mom likes this girl. I think you will like her too." Girl? wait

" But dad and mom, you know im not capable in love right?" He said it. He just said it.

" But we know you're capable of it. You just need the right person." Kim Heechul states it slowly. He needs his son to say yes to this.

" Dad this is not business, and i'm aint ruining a girl life just for the sake of me being married." He stands up.

" Give me some time. I need to think." He already run upstairs.

 

To be honest, mom and dad never force him into anything. that's why he turns into this brat. Loveless brat. He got what he wants. Instead of furthering study in management, he got into engineering. He got what he want. All the time. It feels bad to say no to this parent's wishes but no.

 

" I heard from mom. Hope you're doing well. let discuss this later with noona. "

A message arrived. He puts his phone on the side table and lie on the bed. Mayb all he need is sleep right now.

 

Busan. Sunday Morning.

 

" Chungha, do you think Sohye will agree to this?" Chungha keeps playing with her fingers.

" Honestly idk mom. You know Sohye is a great girl and all but." Kim Sohye is great. Decent and all, but her sister never knows what's in her mind.

" I really hopes this would be okay."

" Me too mom."

Mom and her ways. Kim jaekyung has her ways with her daughters. Her first daughter got married through matchmaker too. So, she feels that gonna be okay with Sohye too.

" So we need to talk to you girl." Kim Kibum says as her daughter sit down for breakfast.

' Nae appa. Where's everyone else." She see no signs of chungha unnie or doyeon. Sejeong unnie is in Seoul with his husband of course.

The breakfast flows nicely.

" Argh it feels best to be home on sunday, right omma appa?" She smiles and her parents nod.

They are going to drop a bomb any seconds.

" So sohye bb." Sohye still trying to eat her sandwiches.

" How about getting married soon dear?" She cant digest her mom words.

" Marry? who chungha unnie going to get married?" She squels. Wow. Finally. Did Jinwoo oppa finally comes back for good? She already want to get up when another words from her mom made her stiff.

" No. you baby."

It takes like five minutes for her to register everything on her mind, me marrying someone, real soon?

She always like that. Chuckles around her put her mind back onto the track.

" Lucky you unnie." Doyeon finally come and seat near her.

" I heard he's handsome and quite wealthy." Still stiff. No expression from Kim Sohye.

" You're not happy baby?" chungha unnie comes and pats her hair.

" Urm i need some time. yeah time. " she stands up and smile.

Running for her life.

 

" Mom, dont worry, i think she will be okay. Right?" Chungha trying to keep their worries mom calm.

" Ikr, Unnie will be fine. She gonna like him." Doyeon adds.

" How do you know doyeon ahhhh?" Chungha ask with curiousity.

" I know my unnie very well okay."

 

p/s : short i know it. im going to post often i guess with shorts chapters.