4. First impression

it's you?

Busan University, end of semester 8, Bachelor of Arts and Film.

 

" Sohye ah, are u even listening to me?" Yoojung feel mad. Her cousin now in deep thoughts she thinks. An ice coffee being put down in front of Sohye.

" Urgh biyane Jung ahhh. Im so distracted. Why u dont get donuts?" She see nothing but coffee at their small table.

" I ask u before, but you just nod, figures out yourself. Go!" Yoojung hand already made Sohye up from her sit.

" Okay wait a minute." She left for the counter. Still how do i break this frickin news to the bff aka the loud cousins. Seriously.

 

Two chocs flvor, one cheese plus green tea and a strawberry donuts. Yoojung widens her eyes by the arrival of the donuts.

" I told the cute waiter to put some to take home for auntie and uncle." Yoojung smile.

" Figures. Thats why mom loves u more than her own daughter." Lol. She playfully pouts and make a crying face while devouring her fav strawberry donut.

" Surely will be missing this cafe a lot right Sohye?" She looks around yeah.

" Of course. We will be here if we miss the donut." Yoojung squels.

" I heard from auntie." yoojung voice sounds normal. But her face doesnt look like that. That teasing face.

" New sure spreads so fast in our family is it?" Sohye sighs. She doesnt need to tell anything, she thinks by now, every single person in her family knows, distant cousins, uncle aunties. AHhhh halmeoni. WOULD MAKE A LAUGH OUT OF THIS.

" Sure, You know How Jae Auntie looks so happy when she facetime my mom." Yeah sure. Sohye sigh again.

" Am i hearing wrong,or you just sight second time already?" She nods. No need of denying. She surely easily read.

 

She talks to Yoojung about her conditions. Then suddenly a video call come in. Yoojung almost burst into laugh again.

" They knows i think. We better go out and talk outside because you knows Mina voice can be so loud." They both agree and went outside.

She picks up the call to see her other two same age cousins on the screen.

Mina already making weird faces.

" SoHYEEEEEEEE WAE." Sohye laugh. Wae?

" HOW COME YOU"RE MARRYING BEFORE ME?" Mina screams.

" for god sake Mina, people are staring at you." Yeongjung trying to stop her.

" Just wait until my finals are over, you gotta explains things to us." Sohye nods, and give phone to Yoojung.

 

Surely her cousins are her happy pills. They know how to make her happy in instant. 

Today is the day she has to made a decision.

 

Seoul

 

It has been two weeks since his mom and dad trying to put him into arranged marriage.

He has the answer already but nobody asks. They knows him. 

 

" Mingyu, tea?" His father offer him tea. Okay Kim Heechul is home on Friday is weird.

Him? He takes a day off today. 

" Dad you dont go to office today?" His father laughs at his son question. His mom come into the table and join them.

" No. Your dad actually takes day off today, Same as you."

" It's rare tho." 

" Looks who's talking." His dad teases him. He got the same trait as the old man. Workaholic gene. Mom said.

sipping his tea, he decided to spill his decision.

" So mom and dad. I would give it a try, but i promise nothing." His voice is one tone, barely convincing. But his dad and mom smile upon his statement.

" That's good to hear son. We know you wont dissapoint us. Let's meet the other family soon."

" Okay dad."

 He's still sipping the tea, it seem endless. what if this decision ruin others life? he cant even think of it.

 

Busan

 

She already say yes to the marriage.

" Pretty sure he will like you dear."

" But im not like you girls." She watchs her sisters in front of her. Playing around with her wardrobe, trying to find the best dress for the first family meeting.

" But you're the most hardworking and nice girl in the house, whatever he is, he surely HAVE TO LIKE MY SISTER OKAY?" Doyeon screams from the wardrobe. Surely her 4d sister surely good at making people confident and happy.

" How about this dress? Ive bought it last christmas and i never see you wore it Sohye." Sejeong says and she pulls out a short dress, black.

" surely will compliments your body well dear."

 

 

short but decent. Chungha said.

 

SEAFOOD JJANG RESTAURANT.

 

Kim Kibum family already arrived like five minutes ago and occupied half of the long table ready for the first family meeting.

" Where Sohye and Doyeon?" Sejeong just arrived with her husband, Sungcheol and occupied the space next to Kim Kibum and Kim Jaekyung.

" Maybe fixing makeups." Chungha throws words.

' Aigoo Chunghaaaa yaaa. Why are you wearing jeans." Her sister almost shout while her bro in law just chuckles.

" Let her be chagiya, she's somfortable in that." 

" Surely." chungha frowns.

' Wait until Jinwoo is back i would tell on you unnie." She does merong.

"Aigoo stops fighting ladies. Our guest would arrive anytime soon." Jaekyung remarks and the ladies calm down.

 

Not even two minutes after that Kim Heechul Family arrives.

" Anyeonghasayo Mr Kim Kibum. This is my small family." Kim Heechul initiates in introducing his family. 

" OMG CHUNGHA YA." A loud entrance is make by a woman behind the owner of Kim Elctronics, and Chungha already stand up and running to the said girl.

' Jieqiongggg ahhhhh. awwww long time no see, Is this your husband how come you didnt even invite me?" chungha pouts and Jieqiong hugs her tighter.

" I cant breath girl calm down." She loose her hug.

" Maybe you two can continue your reunion while sitting down first." Kim Heechul try to make the situation calm again. Everyone laughs. That was a good start.

 

Kim Mingyu still outside. Still wondering around the entrance. You can do this!!1!!!!!!!!

He enters the place. Everyone eyeing on him. He's wearing a normal outfit tho. Why. He smiles.

He sits down and looking around. There are so many people in front he did even know.

" let's wait for the bride first." So she's not here right? So these girls in front of him, wait this one, seating next to parents are quite familiar but wait. The couple in front of him just smile. He knows them. Eventually.

 

Sohye makes an entrance with Doyeon.

" Hi yeorobun." Is it this one? haa too cheerful i guess and look a little bit young. Another girl behind her just facing down.

" Sohye yah, keep up your face and say hi to your future family." The girl finally putting her face up.

" Anyeonghasayo. Please take care of me."

Cute. That one word mostly about to be out of Mingyu's mouth but he just refrained himself from doing so.

 

" Okay we finally can introduce each other." Kim kibum breaks the tension. Everyone calm down pls.

" So this is my eldest daughter, sejeong and his husband. Seungchollie." The both stand up and bow  down.

" Noona if im not mistaken you're the one?" Mingyu cuts in. Everyone at shocked, even Kim Heechul doesnt know what to do. Aigoo this boy.

" yes carbonara lover. yes." Seungchol remarks make Mingyu's family laugh.

" I thougt i was seeing things." Mingyu chuckles.

" Like we have more connections than we thought Kibum." Said heechul. This is going to be fine.

" This is my second born. Chungha. Dance saem in busan Arts School. " Chungha bows.

" Aww so good you can teach ahjumaa zumba right?' Sohee said. Chungha nods and smile.

" This is Doyeon. The maknae. She can be quite loud." Doyeon pouts.

" Anyeong everyone, my name is Kim Doyeon, and im the prettiest out of four, Majoring in Foreign Language." She bows and sit down. gaining a nudge from Sohye. Aigooo this kid.

" Same as unnie then Doyeon ah." Jieqieong said.

So everybody in Kim Kibum house already introduce themselves except for sohye. She's nervous as hell. She cant even see the said man or the said family or whatever.

" Sohye, say your greeting dear." Head up Sohye! She faces five faces in front of her, scanning from right to left and bow.

" Kim Sohye imnida. Please take care of me again." down. Down.

 

That black dress wrapped around her body very well. defined. figures. Mingyu thinks. she's attractive.

After his noona introduces themselves with his Kyungsoo hyung, his time.

" Kim Mingyu."

 

The dinner flows very well. They chats a lot. But not the new couple. Sohye basically playing with the end of her black dress, while Mingyu trying to distract himself with his tea.

 

" go and talk. Outside, the beach is just in front. Go." Kim Kibum tells her daughter.

" But appa." she didnt know what to say actually.

" let's go.' A rough voice become closer and eventually they already walking towards the beach.

 

p/s : grrrrrrrrr im sorry for being a bad writer. hope i can do better next time. Enjoy!

 

thanks for reading!!!!! and subscribing. lol now im jobless i will updates more