Ugly

A dose of JimJi ( Jimin + Umji )

    "Move! Ugly!" A loud voice behinds me makes me jump. I put my hand on my chest to sooth my heart that beats faster than usual. I move to the side and keep my head low. As soon as I saw his foot getting further, I look up to see him. I frown. Jimin sunbae? 
      Someone wrap their arms around my waist. "What happen, Umji-ya? Why did Jimin sunbae shouts at you?" Yuju ask me. I shrug. "He told me to move and call me ugly." I look at my feet. I hear Yuju let out a small sigh. "I thought he's a sweet guy like what others said. But I guess they are wrong. He's just a jerk. Don't worry, Umji-ya. You are beautiful." She replies while patting my head. 
      I feel good after Yuju told me that. She is the only person who always give compliments to me. I look at her and smile. Yuju reply with a wide smile that shows her white teeth. Then we both went ahead to our dressing room. I feel exhausted. We just finish our performance. And later on, we will practice for our comeback. Its been almost 8 months since we comeback with a new song. So, we feel extra tired but for our Buddy, we are fine with it. 
     When we reach our room, we saw our manager oppa talking with our members. Sowon looks at us "Oh, Yuju, Umji, come here. Oppa says we will go to the saloon later for our comeback." I feel excited. Finally, I'll get a new look. 
      Suddenly i feel the urge to go to the toilet. After I excused myself, I ran to the toilet at the end of the hall. Maybe its just my luck or what, I ran into someone. My head bumps into someones rather hard chest. "Ouch!" A rather high pitch voice for a man echoed at the hallway. 
     I look up to see that person squating a bit to look at my face. Then a frown shows on his face. "Oh, its you. Of all the pretty girls here, why must I bump into you? Its acceptable to see your face just now but seeing it again makes me sick." He says after standing upright while crossing his arms. That words stings but I need to show respect. He's my senior after all. I bow down at him. "I'm sorry, sunbae. I just have an urgent need for the washroom that I don't see you walking out from the mens washroom." 
    He scoffed. "You are not just ugly, but clumsy. Next time don't just run around without looking where you're going. I'm afraid other people will get sick just by looking at your face." With that he swagger away. I just stood there dumbfound. Trying to digest his words. Did he just insults me? I feel a heavy feelings at my chest. I swallow hard to stop the feeling. 
    After done doing my bussiness at the toilet. I went to wash my hand and I see Somi washing her hands. She smiles at me through the mirror before she turns around and bows at me. "Hello, Umji sunbae. Nice to meet you." I let out a small giggle. I wave my hands at her. "No need to be so formal. Just speak banmal with me. Its fine." I saw her hesitating for a while before nodding her head.
    After sharing a small talk, she then excused herself. I stood there watching her figure disappear through the door. I let out a sigh. "She is really beautiful." I whisper to myself. I look at my reflection at the mirror. I touch my face. A single tear drops at the sink. I still can hear Jimin's words. Am I really that ugly that he loath me so much.
     It really hurts when people always bash me for my visual. I thought that I can stay strong but after knowing that my fellow idol senior insults my visual really hurts me. What have I done to deserve all this treatments? I never ask to be born with this face. I cry quietly at the toilet.

                                ☆☆☆☆☆

     I look at my reflection. I stare at it. I can't believe it. I touch my hair. I look up at the hairstylist. He was smiling at my reaction. He then put his hands on my shoulder. "Waa...our Umji really have grow up. You have become a beautiful young lady now." I blush at his words. "No, oppa. Its your work of miracle." He shook his head lightly. "Listen to me. I might have done a miracle to your hair but, you are already beautiful. You just need a style that makes your beauty stands out. Look, just by changing your hair you look thousand times beautiful. Not that you are not beautiful before but you look extra beautiful now." I blush at his words and then laugh. "Thank you, oppa. It means a lot to me." He nods and give me a grin. "Anything for my favourite star."
       "Girls, to those who have the new hairstyle. Our CEO-nim told me to give you wigs to cover your hair. Don't worry. Its just for a short time until your comeback. Are you fine with it?" Our manager oppa told us while handing me, Sowon, Yerin and SinB the wigs. I raise my hand. He look at me. "Oh, is there anything you want to ask Umji?" I nod. I look at SinB then look at him. "Our graduation day is coming soon. Do we need to use the wig too for the ceremony?" He smiles. "Well, yes." 

                                ☆☆☆☆☆

     We just done our performance at our graduation ceremony. We are talking and laughing about how funny we look like with the wig. Talking about Sowon who keeps on touching her wig during the whole performance. 
      As we were talking. I feel someone staring at me. Eunha nudges my elbow and points behind me. "What is wrong, eonnie?" I ask her. She points again behind me with her lips pouting towards the direction. "Why is Jimin sunbae looking at our direction intensely? It creeps me out." She says quietly. Hiding her face at my shoulder. 
     I look behind me and saw Jimin is indeed looking at our direction. As our eyes meet he quickly turns around and talks to Jungkook. I let out a sigh. He really hates me, huh. 
    "Its nothing, eonnie. Look, he's talking to s." I told Eunha before we both join our member. I took one last look at him and our eyes met again before I quickly turns on my heels and run towards our member. 
    
                               ☆☆☆☆☆

       We are preparing for the GCA performance. I feel very nervous. This will be my first time revealing my new hairstyle after wearing that wig that makes my head itchy for quite some time. Other member already reveal theirs' on the CF for SK Telecom. I wonder how people will react to my new look. 
      Me, Sowon and SinB will do the opening act for our performance with the dance solo. I saw quite a lot of people looking at us in awe. Then it was Eunha, Yuju and Yerin's turn to do the second act, which is singing some part of navillera before we all join in and perform as one. 
    A lot of people cheer for us including our fellow idol friends and seatmates, Blackpink's Jennie and Jisoo. My eyes shift toward the front part of the stage and so all the member of BTS are looking at us with their eyes not blinking at all. So do others. I saw EXO sunbae sing along and dancing along to our song. I smile as soon as I catch all the fans, be it ours or other groups, enjoying our performance. 
      As soon as we finish our performance. We receive a rather loud applause and shouts of compliments from fans to us. I smiles wider each time I hear them shouts their compliment to me. It makes me happy that they like my new image. 
     As we walk past BTS table, I make an eye contact with Jimin sunbae who is sitting at the front. He gives me a smile that makes his eyes looks as if they are smiling too. I was taken back by his action that I just give him a small awkward smile. 
     I heard a voice calling out my name and I turn around to see Vernon giving me a thumbs up. I give him a big smile and waves at him. He then mouth 'You look beautiful with your new hair.' while gesturing his hands on his hair. I blush and thanked him. 
    I heard a loud growl coming from in front of me before I look at the person and realise I've been standing infront of them for quite some time. "Can you move a bit? I want to watch the performance. You are blocking my view." Jimin told me with a low voice.  Jin slap his arm and then smiles at me. "Sorry, Umji-ssi. Jimin here is just having mood swings. Don't mind him." I shook my head and bow a bit. "No, its okay. Its my fault. Sorry, sunbae." I quickly walk toward our table with Jisoo eyeing my steps. 
    "What's wrong, Umji-ya? Why are you looking so down?" She ask me with concern. I told her everything that happen. 
  
                                  ☆☆☆☆☆

     After the award comes to an end. We headed toward our dressing room before I was stop by a girl who hands me a flower with teddy bear and chocolate in it. 
    I don't know how to react so I just stand still not knowing what to do until SinB nudge my stomach with her elbow. I woke up from my trance and take the flower bouquet from the girl before asking her who is the sender. "Well, he said to keep it a secret and said that you will know it later." She then excuse herself after that. The other members keep on teasing me and making guesses of who the sender might be. They say that it must be from either Changsub sunbae or Vernon. I just told them to stop before I sit down and open the card that was hidden in between the teddy bear and the chocolate. 
                           'If you want to know me,
                          Come to the park at the 
                          rooftop. I'll be waiting.
                                                         Love,
                                          Your admirer. '
    "Well, that was cheesy." I said loudly. "What was "cheesy"?" SinB ask quoting the "cheesy" word. I hand her the card and she shrieks that makes the other members run towards us asking questions before SinB shoves the card to them. After they read it, the also shriek and scream. Saying things like, "Our maknae have grown up." "Our maknae has a secret admirer." "Our maknae is so lucky." I rolled my eyes at their childish acts and took the card from Yerin's hand before reading it again. "Should I go meet this person?" I ask them. "Of course you should." They say in unison. I take a deep breath and went out. Heading toward the venue the person wants to meet me.
     As soon as I reach the park. I saw a pink haired guy with his back facing me. A gasp escape through my lips. No, it can't be him. No, he must've been here doing other thing. I look around. No one is there besides him. 'Maybe he's a bit late.' I convinced myself. 
     I open the door that leads to the park slowly and walk to the other side. Not wanting to get more insult from the pink hair guy there. I accidentally kick a pebble that hit a vase and make him turn around due to the noises I made. I stood still. Hoping he won't see me. 
     "Oh, you're here already?" I heard him talking. Wait, is he talking to me? I look at him. I feel my cheeks heat up. Oh no, he is smiling again. I feel my throat dried and swallow hard. He walks towards me with his hands in his pocket. 
     I quickly bow down a bit. "Hello, sunbae. I, I won't be long here. I am expecting someone." He just stood there watching me with a smile forming on his face. He tilts his head slightly. Looking at my face. "Do you found him, then?" He ask. I shook my head and look towards the door. "No. I think someone must  have tricked me." I said looking at the card in my hand. Disappoinment clears in my voice. 
    I feel him staring at me. Then I try to look at him and smile before bowing down excusing myself. I was about to open the door. 
    "What if I say that person is already here?" He said.  I stopped my action and turn around to face him. My eyebrows quirk a bit. "What do you mean?" He then points at the card in my hand. "That person. What if I say that he's here?" I look around and found no one at all in the park except for the two of us. 
    "I don't see anyone here." I said. He then smirks and point at himself. "Here. The person who gives you the flowers, teddy bear and chocolate is here." I stare at him with eyes wide. Not believing what he says. "Co, come again?" He then cross the park and stood infront of me looking directly at my eyes. "I am 'him'. The sender of this card."
    I laugh nervously. "Sunbae. Don't play around with me." He then my hair and smile softly. Shaking his head. "I'm serious. Do you want me to say what is written in the card?" I just stare at him. Then I remember all the insults he threw at me before. "If you are my admirer, then why do you always insulting me? Calling me ugly?" 
     He then stop stoking my hair. Then he look down at his shoes. "I'm jealous." Wait, what? Did I hear that right? "What?" I ask again.
     "I'm jealous okay. From the moment I saw you dancing with that Vernon guy, then you look so comfortable hanging around him. Then I saw how sometimes you blushed when he compliments you, when you laugh at his jokes, talking with him. I'm jealous. I want to do that but you just won't look at my way. Thats why I treats you like that. I want you to know my existence. I want you to look at me. I want it to be me who  talk, smile, telling you lame jokes, laugh and play around with." He told me in one breath. He still looking at his shoes.
    I feel speechless with his confession.  I saw how red his face has turn to. I open my mouth, then close it. Nothing comes out. I swallow hard. "When did you happen to like me?" I said softly. 
    He looks at me, eye to eye. Taking a deep breath before closing his eyes. "The first time we met. Your debut stage. I saw how cute you were that time. I like how cute your voice is. How cute you can be without trying so hard. At first, I thought it was just a silly crush until it grows into love. Yes, I have fall in love with you. Everything you do, I like it. I'm just a coward who like, no, love you from a distance. I just want to tell you long time ago. And now that I saw how many guys trying to catch your attention. I just can't stay still. I don't want to lose you. I want you to be mine. And only mine." 
    I just stare at him with my eyes and mouth open wide. I try to digest his words. Then suddenly it hit me. He have love me for a long time. Supporting me behind my back. I slowly grab his hand. He jumps a bit and open his eyes. I gave him a smile. "Thats so sweet of you. I never know someone have been liking me for that long. I feel very touched. I feel appreciated and loved. Thank you." I then squeeze his hands lightly. 
    His face forms a smile and his eyesmiles. "Do you, want to be my girlfriend?" He ask me. I was lost at words. I look at his face that was expecting my answer. "I don't know. This happens to fast. I, I have to think about it. You know, all this time, I thought you hate me then suddenly you confessed to me that you have love me for a long time. I just can't accept it right now." 
    He smiles again. Taking the upper hand in grabbing my hand and kissing my fingers lightly. "Its okay. I will wait. We can start again. I will treat you the way I always wanted to treat you. Like a princess. Like a queen." I blush at his words. Then I smile mischievously and pull my hands away from him. 
    "Then, try to win me. I'll play hard to get." I said then walk toward the door. "I will wait for you to woo me then, oppa." I said with and agyeo and wink before leaving him who look stunned and his face flush. 
    After a few step, I heard the door open. "I will. You better watch out cause I will make you fall in love with me. So hard. Like how I am with you." I turn around to look at him one last time to see him sending one of his winks while he swept his hair back. I send him a smile before walking towards the elevator. Feeling happy, loved and appreciated. 

A/N: Hello, hello~ I'm back. Waa..this is the longest oneshot I've written in like 20 minutes. I just type this spontaneously and I feel very proud of myself. A pat at my back for myself 😂 well, I hope you'll like it.