Best Friend

A dose of JimJi ( Jimin + Umji )

     I kick the stone in front of me. I look up at the sky, it is starting to change its colour into a hue of blue , red and yellow. I sigh. Looking at my watch, I glance and took out my phone. Scrolling through it then keeping it in my pocket. I look at the school again. Why is she so late today?  Usually, her class ended 30 minutes ago and now there is still no traces of her or her classmates. 
     I look down while kicking the innocent stone again while leaning on my car. "Oppa!" I look up as soon as my ears caught the familiar voice. I saw her walking with a guy. She bids him goodbye before running towards me. Kicking myself off the car. "Why are you so late today?" I said as I walk towards the driver seat. I open the door and sit as I put on my seatbelt anf starts the engine. "Sorry Oppa, our teacher today is not in her good mood. Like, seriously, throughout half class, all she did was nagging nonsence." She said as she buckle her seatbelt. "How long have you been waiting for me.?" I look at her quickly before turning to the road in front of me. "Well, let just say, and hour and a half. I was standing there like an idiot that the only entertainment I have was kicking that damn stone." She laugh a little causing me to smile before she took a deep breath. "Sorry for making you wait that long." I glance at her to see her looking at me with a pout on her face. "Nahh, its nothing. Thus, mother will nag if I didn't take you home." She laugh. "Yeah, I bet she will."
     We laugh the whole ride and didn't even realise that we already arrive. We went out of the car before she rush to me and give me a big hug while kissing me cheek. "Thank you for the ride. Sorry for keeping you waiting. See you tomorrow, Oppa. Annyeong!" She said as she runs to her house. Besides mine. I touch my cheek and a silly smile forms on my face. I let out a happy sigh before entering my house. "Oh, Jimin-ah. Have you pick up your future wife from school?" I groan. "Mooommm! She is just my best friend. Besides she already have a boyfriend." Mom shrugs. "Well, its just, its obvious that you like her." Then she went into the kitchen while snickering leaving me froze with my mouth and eyes open wide. She is so unbelievable. 
      I went to the comfort of my bed after having a dinner with my family. With them keep on teasing me, saying that I should study hard, get a nice job and married Yewon. I roll on my bed. Left, right, left, right, then stop. I smile, the scene earlier flash back in my mind. I giggle like a schoolgirl before sinking my face into my fluffy pillow. 
    Before that, let me tell you a brief story about me and Yewon. We are neighbour who happens to be best friend. I was 3 years older than her. When we were kids, she would always tell people in the neighbourhood that she is my wife and I'm her husband. She makes me promise to protect her till the end of my life. Well, even if she didn't make me, I'll still protect her with my all. She is my precious star. We were inseparable. Wherever she goes, I'll be there and vice versa. It didn't took me long to love her more than friend, it happen as I turn 17 and she turns 14 that I realiss that all the feelings I have to her before was beyond the feeling that a friend would have with a guy. I want to confess to her that time but she suddenly comes to me and excitedly told me that she was courted by a senior in her school and the became a thing. I was sad and so heartbroken at that moment but I keep it to myself. There is no way I'll tell her that.
      Suddenly, my phone rings. Waking me up from my trance. 'Yewonnie~❤' Why is she calling me at this time. "Hello?" I heard a soft sobbing. "Oppa..." She said softly. Her voice trembles. I panicked. "Yah, what happen to you?" She cries softly. I look at the window next to my room. It still lights up. "Stay there, I'm coming." I hang up and quickly ran out of my house and ring the bell next door. The door open revealing mother. "Oh, Jiminie, you want to see Yewon?" I smile and nod at her. She open the door wide. 
     I went upstairs and heard her crying. I look at two cups of ice cream I bring with me from home. I open the door slowly. "Knock, knock.." I said. I saw her looking at me with teary eyes and puffy face. I enter the room before making my gig. Tripping on my foot and stumbling with the ice cream before I look at her with a funny face. She wipes her tears and smiles while shaking her head. I smile and stands up before walking to her bed. 
      "Jungkook makes problem again?" I ask her. I have always been her love advisor and offers her shoulder to cry. She nods. I let out a soft sigh. Why did she always stays with that jerk eventhough he always hurtd her? Why can't she saw that I love her? She took the ice cream and spoon out of my hand. "I broke up with him." She said calmly. I look at her shocked. What? "Yah, oppa, you don't have to be that shock!" She said while laughing slowly. The whole night, we talk so much that both of us sleeps together. By my means sleeping. Not doing anything. Get your erted thought away, got it? 
     Its been a month since she broke up with that jerk and she is now happily going on with her life. "Oppa, tonight, can you accompany me study?" She said while tugging on my shirt. I look at her before focusing on the road. "You have exams coming soon?" "Yeah. I'm taking the college entry exam two weeks from now." I nods my head. "Sure. I can use that time to do me tesis." I said. She smiles widely before leaning sideways giving me a hug and a kiss on my cheek. I blush. She always did that when she's excited. I clear my throat to distract myself. God, please help me. 
    I sit opposite her at the table. We are in her school study hall. The guards were kind enough to let me in as they know I use to be a student and a great student and we knows each other well, as he always see me picking Yewon from her school every day. I glance at Yewon. She was wearing a large round glasses that slides down her cute button nose as she reads and wrote her notes. She occasionally tucks her hair behind her ears as it fell on her face. I smile slightly looking at her. She is so beautiful. She looks at me and I quickly looks down at my own note. But I notice, she smiles as she look at me. I feel my eyes gets tired and I fell asleep until I feel Yewon shaking my shoulder and whisper slowly in my ears. Trying to wake me up. I groggily wakes up and stretch. "What time is it?" She look at her phone. "1 am." I shakes my head. "I'm up." I said. She laugh as she quickly pack her and my thing. "Lets go home. I'm sleepy." She said.
       After 2 month. Both of us graduated. Me from my university and Yewon from her high school. Today, she will get the results from her college entry exam. I look at the letter that came in the mail 3 days ago. I want to tell her but I am waiting for her results. 
      I look at my phone. I received a text from her ealier. To meet up with her near at Han River. I went there early and find our spot. I was busy looking at the scenery. "Oppa!" I heard her screams. She ran excitedly towards me. She ran at me with a letter in her hand. She smiles widely. "Oppa, guess what?" I smile, "You got offered to your dream university?" She nods while showing her letter to me. 'Oxford University'. I frown. But when I see her smiling widely at me, I smile at her. She ask me what news I want to tell her. I shook my head and congratulate her. I keep my letter in my hand. She jumps happily telling me how this is a dream comes true. She hugs me, telling me that she will miss me a lot. I hug her back tightly, a single tear fell from my eyes. I have never been away from her.
      8 months have passed. I have became an engineer and works for a large and well known company. As for Yewon, she manage to live in England and always got perfect score. Everytime both of us having free time, we will video call each other updating about our life. It was the same as today. I excitedly told her, I have sent a package to her. We talk for a while until her friend suddenly came in her room and drag her out. She tries to resist but fail. I only heard her shout for me to wait. I stares at the empty room through the screen for 45 minutes. I let out a sigh. I sign out from skype and look at my phone. I give her a text, saying I have something comes up. I went out to meet Taehyung, my best buddy who ends up working at the same place with me. 
      We talk then suddenly he ask me about Yewon. I let out a small sigh before he took notice. "You sure you don't want to tell her the truth? About your feeling?" I play with my food before putting down the spoon and chopstick. "You know I want it too. So bad." He leans back, crossing his arms and looking at me dead in the eye. "Go to her. Tell her, face to face." I was about to speak when he cuts me off. "No excuse, go buy the ticket. I have a friend there who could give you place to stay for a while. I will tell uncle to give you two weeks of vacation. He won't mind as you have been working nonstop all the time. Go and you won't regret it." I smile. For once, this stupid-faced friend of mine tells me a wise advise. I saw him smiles his rectangle smile. I look at him weirdly. "What?" He smiles wider. "If you found some hot girls in bikinis be sure to take their pictures for me." I look at him disbelief. Okay, I took back my word earlier, he is still dumb. I smack his head. He scream in pain. "What was that for?" He said while rubbing his head. "For being ert. You know I'm going to England and not America right? Like, seriously, most of the time its raining and so cold there in England, how do you expect me to find you some bikini girl? Never combine being stupid and ert at the same time. Geez!" I said.
        I look at my flight ticket. I have not tell her that I'm going to meet her. I want it to be surprise. 
      "Taxi!" I call out. A kind looking man went to me. "Going somewhere?" He ask me in his deep british accent. "Uh, Oxford University, please." I said. He smile, "Alright, hop on." He said. 
     I stare at the room in front of me. I look at the guy besides me. "So, this is Yewon's room?" He nods and I smile again while taking his hand to shake. "Well, thank you for showing me her room." He smiles warmly. "You're welcome. Besides, Yewon is my friend." 
     I took a deep breath after that guy left. I open the door slowly, entering the room. I walk slowly, until I saw her sitting on the bed, looking into the package I've sent to her not long ago. "Yewon." I call her name. She looks up at me and gasp. She nearly throws the box on the floor. She ran up to me and look at me with her eyes wide. Suddenly, she brokes out in tears. I quickly went close to her, trying to comfort her. "Hey, whats wrong?" I said softly as I rub her back. She looks up at me with fresh tears flowing on her beautiful face. She suddenly hugs me. "Oppa! You know how much I miss you! How come you don't tell me you are coming here?" She said as she hugs me tightly. I smile and pull out from her tight embrace. Holding her shoulder,  I look straight into her eyes, leaving her blushing a bit as she wipes her tears. "I just want to give you surprise." I said. She smiles and hugs me, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smile in content. The same Yewon. My Yewon. 
      She bring me to the park in her university. It was beautiful. "Oppa, I still can't believe you come here just to see me." She told me for the 100th time. "Well, I want to see my future wife, is that wrong?" I . I look at her blushinb face and smirk. She hit my shoudler hard. "Yah, oppa! Since when did you become so cheesy." I took her hand in mine to stoo her from hitting me. I pull her close that our faces are just centimeters away. "Since I love you." She stares at me while trying to push me away. Only for me to hold her tighter. "Oppa, this is not funny." She said trembling. "I'm serious. I always wanted to tell you this. Heck, I've always wanted to say it since I'm 17." 
     "Say what, oppa?" She ask nervously. I lean in and rest my forehead. I feel her breath on my face. I savour this moment. Afraid that if this goes wrong, it will end everything. It could ruin our friendship. "I love you." I whisper. I close my eyes. Afraid to see her reaction. Suddenly, I feel a pair of warm lip on mine. I open my eyes wide. No words comes out. She smiles after she give my lips a peck. "Gosh, finally!" I was confuse. Why is she saying that. 
     Seeing my reaction. She leans in again and give me a quick kiss. This time on my lips. "I've been waiting for you to say that the whole time." I scratch my head. She laugh softly. "Do you know why me and Jungkook always fight? Its because I always makes you first when it comes to everything. He is jealous that he can't take it anymore and broke uo with me. I've known you like me before because Tae oppa told me before. But why didn't you tell me sooner?" I was speechless. She broke up because of me? Does that mean that she likes me?
      "What do you mean?" I ask her again. She pouts. "Oppa, how can you be so clueless." She looks at me with a smile on her face. "I love you too." I gasp. This is a dream right? I pinch my cheek hard. Ouch! That hurt. So, this is not a dream? 
    "No, its not, oppa." Sha laugh. "You heard that?" I ask disbelief. "Well, yes, when you talk so loud." Oh. It srucks me. She loves me too. Congratulation Jimin, for being so dumb. I hug her tightly and sping her around leaving her giggling nonstop while I shout 'I love you' to the air. 
    I put her back on the ground not leaving my hand off her waist. She put her hands on my shoulder. We stares at each other for a while. Huge smiles on our face. I pull her in my embrace while I shout "I love you, Kim Yewon!" She laugh and told me to shut up before standing on her toes and give me a mindblowing kiss that end up with her breathlessly told me that she loves me too.

A/N: This is 100% inspired by Jason Chen's song, 'Best Friend'. It have been my fav song for idk how long. And I hope you like it. Bye lovelies~ ❤