Part 14: LET'S DATE

Black Truth and White Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 So-Hyun’s POV

I am walking at the sea side and trying to forget everything I said inside that house. That was sooooooo embarrassing. I can just bury myself here. URGH! Of all names! Why Sungjae?!

I bowed my head; this is my idea of forgetting everything, until I saw a necklace on the sand. I picked it up and see if it is really a necklace. Ah, okay. It is real necklace but it doesn’t have a pendant. Then someone called me all of a sudden. I looked at Sungjae; who is now running towards me and a childhood memory flashed back to my mind.

I was in the sea side and a kid gave a necklace until my father called me. He is running towards me. That necklace…

I was here before. I’ve been here. Where did I put that necklace? Who is that boy?! What the heck is that memory?!

I came back to my thoughts thank you for that Sungjae! “Why did you flick my forehead?!” I shouted while nursing my forehead.

“Because you’re daydreaming! You’re not responding!”

“TSK! What do you need?!” I asked.

“Well, do you feel awkward because you like me?” here comes his teasing power.

“I am just lying back there. You know who my crush is. Stop teasing me.”

“Why did you lie? You can just say his name.”

“But…I want to help my best friend.”

“Did I tell you not?”

“Mind your own business, will you?”

“Mind your own business, will you?” he said mimicking my voice.

“You’re annoying.”

“But you like me.”

“I don’t! Stop!”

“Maybe I can court you.” He said and leaned forward. And our face is almost 1 inch apart.

“What’s with you?” I said and walked away. Why am I getting nervous?!

“I am just teasing you bro!” he said and put his arm on my shoulder.

“It’s not funny.” I said.

“Stop helping others. Think about yourself.” He said. Is he serious about that? “Wait. What is that?” he asked while looking at the necklace.

“Ah, I just picked it up.” I answered.

“It’s a necklace without pendant.”

“Yap, this remind of someone who gave me a necklace when I was 5 years old. That’s why this place looks familiar. I was here before.”

“Huh?” he looked at me questioningly.

“I was here before.” I said.

“Are you sure? This place is my father’s private property. No one can enter here unless you’re a friend of my father.”

“I don’t know.”

“You are just tired. Let’s go back inside. You might catch a cold.” He said.

I am not hallucinating this is really the place.

Sungjae’s POV

“Driiiink!” Sooyoung said while giving a half glass of alcohol to So-Hyun. We are playing spin the bottle, but instead of dare, they changed it to Drink. My friends are alcoholic.

So-Hyun is already drunk because she really doesn’t want to be asked. Why am I getting worried?

“Sooyoung, she is already drunk. Let her pass that one.” Da-Young said.

“No, I can do it.” So-Hyun said. Tsk. I really don’t know why I am getting mad.

She’s about to get the glass but Kyungsoo took it and said “You’re drunk. Go get some rest.”’

“I am not drunk.” She said. “I want to get some air” she added and stood up.

“Where are you going?” David asked.

“Outside.” She answered and went outside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter