013

Picking up the pieces

 

 

So, as you all know already and if you don't, please ask one of your classmates to tell you, we're going to a trip to Jeju-do in one month,” Jaeha's mathematics but also homeroom teacher, Mr. Lee, told the class who suddenly started applauding and cheering. Indeed, this trip was a really good thing even more when it was coming right after the university entrance exams. “Please, calm down and keep quiet, otherwise I won't repeat and you will just have to take cares of things by yourselves.”

 

All the students shut up and listened to him.

 

Here are the information sheets your parents will have to complete to tell us whether you're going or not. And even if you don't go, please give it back to us. Starting from today, you'll have one week only to give it back to us. If you give it back after this week, you will not be count in and I'm sure it's not what you want, right?”

Right!” the class cheerfully said.

Are you going?” Jungkook asked Jaeha who was sitting right next to him.

Yes, and you?”

Obviously I'm going!”

 

She smiled and looked at her teacher once again to wait for his next instructions.

 

We need both of your parents' signatures, if only we have your father and your mother's signatures we will-”

 

The teacher suddenly stopped and froze. He bit on his lower lip and his big round eyes found Jaeha who was sitting at the back of the class. When she saw him looking at her, she wondered what she had done wrong and she looked for help in Jungkook's eyes.

 

W-when I say father and m-mother, I mean your parents,” he laughed nervously and Jaeha sighed, relieved, “i-it doesn't have to be your father and mother, right? Some of you don't have mother so- I mean, you have parents so it's alright, just p-parents.”

 

Yugyeom turned around and chuckled.

 

I think he is talking about you.”

I think so,” Jaeha smiled.

Both your parents' signatures will be alright,” the teacher sighed loudly and ended up saying, “anyway, one week only!”

 

He quickly handed each students a paper and when he reached Jaeha, he told her to come and see him at the end of the class. So twenty minutes later, she waited for the class to be empty and she went to his desk to talk to him, wondering what he could possibly tell her.

 

Is there something wrong, sir?” she politely asked.

There is, Jaeha,” he sighed and leaned against his wooden desk, folding his arms on his chest, “there is.”

W-what I have done?”

You, nothing, but me, what I said earlier was unacceptable. I'm really sorry if I embarrassed you offended you and I wanted you to know that I wasn't saying this to be mean to you or to your parents in general, I just wanted to respect them by saying that both parents' signatures were needed. And I even remarked that there was only a box for the father's information and mother's information, that I didn't even think of you while making this sheets. And for this, I'm really sorry, I hope you or your parents won't be mad at me.”

Don't worry, Mr. Lee,” she smiled, “my fathers won't mind at all and in fact, my father is used to situation like this. He will just cross out everything that touches to 'mother's information' and he will just replace it with 'father's information'. In fact, you're the first teacher ever that says he is sorry for not thinking about leaving my father a case for him. It's really nice to think of this, I'm sure he'll be thankful when I tell him later.”

R-really? You're not mad?”

I'm not, don't worry sir.”

Thanks God,” he sighed, relieved, and put one hand on his heart, “thank you very much Jaeha.”

I should be the one thanking you.”

Well, if you're not mad at me, I'll let you go to your next class now. Have a good day!”

Thank you.”

 

She smiled, bowed her head and left the room. Outside, Yugyeom and Jungkook were waiting for her.

 

So?” Yugyeom asked, “what did he say?”

 

When she told them the story, they just laughed.

 

I knew this teacher was stupid anyway,” Jungkook scoffed.

 

*

 

They were all sitting in the dark big room of the cinema in this order: Jungkook, Mina, Jaeha and Yugyeom. They all had a big box of pop-corn on their lap except from Jaeha and Yugyeom who were sharing one.

 

And this scar?” the half- woman on the screen asked the man while running down her hand on his perfect chiseled torso, until a horizontal pink scar situated on the bottom of his stomach.

I had it a few years ago,” the man vaguely answering while pushing her hand away, “during a fight.”

 

Pff... it's a lie,” Mina loudly sighed, “we all know it's the scar he had during his cesarean.”

 

Her three friends froze and in a same very quick motion, they turned their heads to look at her. Feeling this burning gazes on her, she blushed and sunk even more in the seat.

 

W-what? Isn't that the truth? He has a daughter, no?” she mumbled.

Y-yeah,” Jungkook laughed nervously while looking at Jaeha while simply shrugged off, “and do you know who is his daughter?”

Well, obviously it's a girl,” Mina stated the obvious, “I've seen her a few times in magazines, but I think I wouldn't recognized her if I was meeting her.”

I can tell you you didn't,” Jungkook scoffed.

 

She looked at him with a slight frown and he just told her to keep on watching the movie.

 

But, Park Jinyoung's daughter, is she pretty? I've heard a lot of rumors saying she was pretty.”

Well,” Yugyeom nodded, “she is really pretty. She is even prettier than some models,” he ended up saying while sending a wink toward Jaeha who blushed.

And what's her name?”

Her name?” Jaeha said.

Her family name is Im,” Jungkook said with a smirk, “just like her dad.”

Oh! Her dad is Im Jaebum right? He is a plastic surgeon. I've heard of him too!”

Is he famous in Japan?”

I've heard of him while being in Korea. Apparently he is very rich.”

Well, that's not only rumors you know.”

 

If Jaeha had been sitting right next to Jungkook, she would have slapped him.

 

And do you know if their daughter is nice?”

Why wouldn't she be?” Jaeha asked.

Because both of her fathers are rich and famous, so she might be selfish and capricious. No?”

I wouldn't say that like this...”

She isn't,” Yugyeom said, “I call tell you she isn't.”

Do you know her personally?”

She might even be closer than you think,” Jungkook mumbled.

I wish I could meet her at least once, just to see what kind of girl she is.”

 

At the end of the movie, they decided to crash at Jaeha's place where her dad was watching TV with Youngjae.

 

Mina quickly introduced herself since it was the first she was meeting him and his answer left us frozen.

 

Well, nice to meet you Mina, I'm Im Jaebum, Jaeha's dad.”

I-Im J-Jaebum?”

Well, hum... yes,” he laughed nervously and from behind the girl, Jaeha mentioned him to not say anything. He nodded and went back to the living room while the bunch of teens locked themselves into the girl's bedroom.

 

Jaeha!” Mina clapped her hands excitedly, “your dad is soooo handsome!”

He is not handsome, he is my dad,” she scoffed.

But God he is really handsome and he looks exactly like Im Jaebum the surgeon! And they even have the same name! It's such a coincidence, don't you think so?”

Is she serious?” Jaeha heard Jungkook whispered into Yugyeom's ear and the boy only shrugged.

I don't really believe in coincidence,” Jaeha said.

 

She disappeared in her bathroom for a short while just to get rid of the uncomfortable make-up she was wearing and when she came back, she found the boys lying on her bed while Mina was staring at the pictures of her and her father hanged on the wall.

 

Jae! Are you Park Jinyoung's fan?”

We can say that, yes,” she laughed nervously.

You're so lucky to have met him this much! Plus you seem really close on some pictures.”

Well, closer than them it's impossible to find,” Jungkook said and Jaeha threw her sweater at him to make him shut up.

But what about your mother? Don't you have pictures with her?”

 

Mina's innocence was really something cute at first, but now Jaeha only started wondering if it was not pitiful instead.

 

I-I don't really have a mother...”

Oh? Really? I'm sorry.”

You don't have to be, I have my two parents, but no mother...”

Then what?”

 

So Mina was just really stupid, Jaeha ended up thinking.

 

Mina... the truth is that... my dad that you've just met... he is Im Jaebum, the Im Jaebum, and on the picture there... Park Jinyoung...”

He is her father!” Jungkook said, “Jaeha is Im Jaebum and Park Jinyoung's daughter!”

 

Mina remained silent for a short while and she knitted her brows together.

 

Impossible! Their daughter might be in a very private school and she might be selfish at some point! Which is clearly not your character!”

It's because you don't really know her,” Jungkook added and Yugyeom made him shut up by punching his shoulder.

I don't believe it!”

Well, it's the truth. I'm their only daughter...”

 

Mina refused to believe them no matter which arguments they used to convince them. Even when they asked Jaebum what was the name of Jaeha's father and that he had obviously answered Park Jinyoung, she had refused to believe it.

 

But two days later, Mina came back apologizing for not believing them. Indeed, after she had spent two long days to look for evidence, she had indeed came to the conclusion that Jaeha was really Park Jinyoung's daughter but Mina promised her that now matter how fan she was, she wouldn't bother her by asking an autograph, “at least, not now,” she said.

 

 


Hello evyerone! Back today with another chapter :) it's only flashback from Jaeha's highschool years before another chapter which might be surprising, just saying ;)

Anyway, thank you for reading and for subscribing, this story reached 92 subs which is really amazing, thank you to all of you :)

And thnak you for your comments too !

xx

Mae