005

Picking up the pieces

 

 

Jinyoung was leaning against the door frame of the empty room which needed to be renovated a bit and redecorated to become a bedroom, and especially Jaeha's bedroom. Mark and himself had finally came back in Korea, two long weeks after his last visit, and for now they were living at the hotel while the last-minute work was done. According to the site supervisor, they would be able to start living into the house in two weeks.

 

They had found the perfect house to start their new life together in the countryside at only one hour and a half away from Seoul. It was situated in a little typical Korean town and because of the peacefulness of the area, a lot of famous and rich people were living around to seek comfort and calmness, so Jinyoung didn't feel too much like a stranger around his neighbors. Mark also loved it a lot and he had even been the first one to remark in on internet. Obviously, because of the area it was in and because there were a lot of work to do, it was expensive but they both had the money anyway, so they hadn't even hesitate once and they had quickly bought it.

 

And as Jinyoung looked at the big empty room in front of him, he remembered his daughter. When she was only a few months old, she had troubles sleeping at night and Jaebum and himself were forced to have her sleeping right between them in their bed. Later, when she had her own room, she wouldn't sleep alone because they were apparently monsters under her bed. When she was ten, Jaeha had asked for the key of her room to lock herself because she was apparently a grown-up girl who needed privacy. A few months after this, Jaebum and him had divorced and he had moved to another place.

 

Though he had seen her several times for the past ten years, seeing her the other day reminded him of how much he had missed her and of how much he had regretted living her alone with her dad. He knew Jaebum was the perfect dad and he knew Jaeha had everything to be happy with him, but he wished he had been there to see her grew up too. He wished he had been there to see her turned into a cute teen, and then into the beautiful young woman she was today. He wished he had been there when she had gotten into middle school or in high school, or when she had graduated from high school and he wished he had been there when she had received her acceptation letter of Ewha Womans University.

 

Now that he was back in Korea and that he had seen her a few weeks ago, when she had acted as if she was with a stranger when she was with him, Jinyoung knew he had missed a lot and now he was there to catch up. He needed to catch up with her for his life to be fulfill since after all, he had a perfect boyfriend, a house, he had the money and the fame and he had achieved his goal in life. Only his daughter was missing in the picture.

 

He felt two strong arms curled around his waist and cold hands rested on his stomach. He jumped a bit, startled, but then smiled when he heard Mark's low-pitched voice whispering into his ear.

 

What are you doing here?”

Nothing,” Jinyoung sighed, “just thinking.”

About Jaeha?” the younger one nodded, “do you want to go to Seoul on tomorrow to see her?”

I wish I could, but I'm sure she's going to refuse.”

Just ask her, you can never know what her answer will be.”

 

Jinyoung turned around to face Mark.

 

Shouldn't I just wait for her to tell me she wants to see me?”

Do you think she will?”

Probably not,” Jinyoung sighed and ran a hand through his hair, “she never calls me first.”

Just try, and if she can't, insist to find a date to meet.”

Should I...?”

 

Mark smiled and nodded. Jinyoung trusted him and took his phone out of the pocket of his denim jacket. He nervously dialed his daughter's number and waited for her to pick up, which she did right before the call ended. He sighed, relieved and smiled, his hands finding Mark's to seek comfort.

 

What?” Jaeha answered with a sigh.

O-oh, Jae, it's me, appa” he nervously bit on his lower lip, his eyes never leaving Mark's who seemed to be as nervous as him.

I know, what do you want?

I wanted to know if we could see each other on tomorrow? I'll be on Seoul so I thought we could meet.”

I'm busy tomorrow.

 

Behind her, Jinyoung heard a lighter boy's voice, and seeing how he addressed himself to Jaeha as 'babe', Jinyoung guessed it was Kim Yugyeom, the boyfriend he had never met. “You told me you had nothing to do on tomorrow,” the boy said. “Well, I'm busy,” Jaeha answered. “And what are you going to do?”. “I don't know yet, but I'll find later”. Jinyoung sighed and then tsked, feeling his muscles slowly tensing up as Mark drew circles with his thumb on the back of his hand to sooth him.

 

Hum, Jae,” he cleared his throat, “can we try to find a date to meet? I really want to see you. I-I know you're busy with school but during the week-ends we should be able to find a few hours, right?”

Depends, will you be coming with your boyfriend?

 

Mark suddenly frowned and Jinyoung knew the answer would define whether he would see his daughter or not. Jaebum had warned him, when they had talked over the phone the other day, that Jaeha couldn't accept Youngjae and that she wasn't going to accept Mark either. Jinyoung had troubles believing him though he had seen how Jaeha had reacted when she had first met Mark and even if he had refused to believe Jaebum, he couldn't help but thinking of his ex-husband's words and he knew the answer he was going to give her was going to be decisive.

 

He obviously wanted to tell her that he was going to be alone, that it would be only the two of them, but he knew Mark was eager to meet Jaeha too.

 

Appa?” Jaeha said, “are you still there?

I-I am! I am,” he nodded, “Mark will be with me, yes,” he ended up saying.

 

He wanted to spend some time with Jaeha but he was scared to be left alone with her, so he preferred to have Mark with him.

 

Then I'm sorry, but I don't have time.

Jaeha! Wait!”

Goodbye.

 

Before he could say something else, she answered. He sighed loudly and hid his face into his boyfriend's neck, hidding his tears at the same time.

 

Don't worry,” Mark whispered as he hugged Jinyoung tightly against him to comfort him, “we'll find a solution for the three of us to spend some time together.”

 


Hello hello :) How are the 35 of you doing ? Because yes, this crappy story reached 35 subscribers and it's absolutely amazing ! Thank you very very much guys ! It means a lot to me ! 

And now, after a week, I'm finally uploading the fifth chapter ! It's nothing really much, but just Jinyoung's point of view and his thoughts about his come back to Korea and about Jaeha (and especially about why he came back). 

And this chapter also shows how supportive Mark is

I hope you like it :) If you did, please leave a comment to share your opinion with me !

Thx you guys 

xx

Mae