Chp 6

Yoo

The first thing Jungyeon did when she finally met her girlfriend was to hold her, like really tight. She had gone a week without seeing her Nayeon in person and it was excruciating. My Nayeon, she smiled to herself, getting fully recharged at last.

“I guess you missed me so much.” Nayeon commented on their hug.

“You have no idea.” The younger girl finally let go. “I ordered your Death by Chocolate cake and vanilla milkshake.”

“You’re the best girlfriend! Thank you.”

Jungyeon grinned like a fool. Being officially labeled as Nayeon’s girlfriend apparently had taken her happiness to a next level. “So uhh… How’s your winter break so far? Are you really taking cramming classes?”

“Nope. I followed your advice to balance my life. Soooooo, I’ve been binge watching drama with Jihyo and Mina.”

“That explains the eye bags.”

“These eye bags are from our midnight facetiming.”

“I’m sorry.” Jungyeon caressed her girlfriend’s cheek.

“It’s okay. So how’s your punishment?”

“Boring. Because I got lonely in my palac—home.”

“Were you about to say palace?”

The princess silently cursed when she noticed that her girlfriend realized her slip of tongue. “Uhh… My sister and I kind of called our house by palace since we were kids. It’s kinda stuck in my head.” She reasoned.

“Right, talking about your sister. How big was the trouble you’re causing for her?”

The shorthaired girl shrugged. “I guess… She got complains from most of stakeholders when I close the theme park for a day. I don’t really know, she didn’t tell me.”

“Oh… Your family is the owner of Everland… ?”

“Noooo… Uhh… How do I get this without sounding cocky… Hmm…” Jungyeon scratched her head. She was actually contemplating to just come clean to her girlfriend but then she has consequences if she did that. “My family is one of the founder families of Samsung Group...” She lied. Heck, her family owns the whole South Korea.

“Ahh… Now we’re getting somewhere.”

“You were actually curious about my family?”

Nayeon nodded without hesitation. “You always tensed up when I asked you about your family and I just felt that you didn’t really opened up to me.”

The younger girl sighed and leaned back. “Okay, so what do you want to know?”

“How old is your sister?”

“She’s three years older than me so she’s about twenty now…?”

“Her name?”

“Seungyeon.”

“So this Seungyeon Unnie is the one who responsible for your family inheritance?”

“Yep.”

“Why you’re not responsible for that too? Because I know many rich families sort of educate their children to be their successors.”

“Because I’m still young…? And honestly I don’t want to.”

Nayeon nodded in understanding. “Did you tell her about us?” She changed their topic.

“Not yet… But she had ran a background check on you.”

“Wow you’re honest. But a background check? Is that really necessary?” Nayeon tilted her head.

“Well… That was the first time I know how she treated her soon-to-be sister-in-law.”

The older girl nodded in understanding. “Alright.” She then smirked and rubbed both of her palms. “It’s getting better. Ready for the next question?”

“Fire away.”

“How many girls have you dated before me?”

Jungyeon huffed, looking at the ceiling while one of her hands rubbing her chin.

“I knew it.”

“What?”

“I knew you have many ex-es.”

The athlete laughed. “I haven’t dated anyone before you. So you’re my first in everything.” She patted her girlfriend’s hand. “Now. How many girls have you dated before me?”

“Three…? If I’m not mistaken…”

If you’re not mistaken. You’re not even sure about that, I bet you have more than three ex-es.”

“Let’s just eat the cake in peace.”

Jungyeon decided to do what her girlfriend said before she called out. “Nayeonnie…”

“Hmm?”

“Please don’t tell anyone about my family background. It’s already hard, finding real friends without them knowing who I really am.”

“Your secrets are safe with me.” Nayeon squeezed her girlfriend’s hand and smiled before continued eating her chocolate cake. “Oh yeah… what about our pet name?”

자기야? (Read: Jagiya. Trans: Honey. A/N: I will write ‘Honey’ because my keyboard does not set with Hangul. :D) I always wanted to call my girlfriend by that though. But it’s up to you. I can always call you with many other things.”

Honey sounds great.” The older woman beamed, showing her eye-smile. “Honey~!” She tested.

Jungyeon choked on her drinks when she heard her official nickname from her girlfriend. She coughed several times before grinning like an idiot. “Yes… H-Honey…? She squealed and covered her face with both of her palms, cringing but very ecstatic about their newfound affection.

~~~

Jungyeon got off of the car and opened the door for her girlfriend.

“Well, thank you for the nice day.” Nayeon said. Both of them were standing in front of Nayeon’s house. She didn’t really want to part yet with her girlfriend.

The younger girl smiled and opened her arms. She saw the older girl moved and went straight into her embrace. “You’re welcome, Honey~” She hugged Nayeon a little longer before finally let go and intertwined their hands. “You should go inside.” She said while fixing her girlfriend’s hair with her free hand.

The longhaired girl sighed, really reluctant to let go of their connected hands. “Call me once you’re home.”

“Will do.”

Nayeon slowly let go of their hands. “Good night, Honey.”

“Nayeonnie wait…”

“Yeah?” The older girl turned around to face the younger one.

Jungyeon cupped her girlfriend’s cheeks, slowly pulled it down and planted a lingering kiss on Nayeon’s forehead. “Good night, Honey.” Their first kiss, although not on the lips but it successfully made their hearts both raced.

“Good night.” Nayeon replied with blushes on her cheeks.

~~~

From: JungHoney
I’m home, but I can’t call you, my sister is in my room.

To: JungHoney
It’s okay. We can do it later. Anyway… Thanks for the kiss.

Nayeon blushed after she sent that but then she sent another encouraging text.

To: JungHoney
Can’t wait for the next one.

From: JungHoney
Definitely have more kisses for you. Honey, I’m sorry but I’ll be away for tonight. I will have a family meeting.

To: JungHoney
Alright. Nite, Honey~

From: JungHoney
Nite, Honey. Dream of us.

~~~

“Nayeon?”

Jungyeon nodded as soon as she placed her phone away. “So…?”

“These documents are your acceptance letter, approved student visa, bank account, and apartment lease letter.” The Crown Princess gave her sister a folder filled with papers.

“What?” Jungyeon carefully read the papers in front of her. “University of Saint Andrews? That’s in Scotland!”

“I went there too, remember?”

“Can I just be here and got into the Seoul National University?”

“I’m sorry. But, no.”

“Why?”

“Because Mom went there and I went there and now you have to follow the tradition. I know it’s going to be because you have to be part away from your girlfriend, but look at the bright side.”

“What bright side is there to look at, Your Royal Highness?”

“You can familiarize yourself with living without your girlfriend.”

“You actually said that that is the bright side?”

Seungyeon nodded.

“How heartless are you?!”

The Crown Princess waved her pointer finger and shook her head. “Warning. You shall not insult the crown princess.” Seungyeon pursed her lips. “But really. It might come in handy. Because it helped me with all the drama with Seulgi.”

Jungyeon blinked several times on the newfound fact. “Seulgi?! Kang Seulgi the head of royal guards Kang Seulgi?” She reconfirmed.

“Now that’s a secret for you to keep. Now you know that I have gone through the same case with you. I know how hard it is, how miserable you’re going to be, but it’s for the best. Plus, you’re not alone, you have me, baby sis.” Seungyeon stood up. “Remember, you only have eight months.” She walked to Jungyeon palace’s front porch where her guards waited. “Good night, Princess Jungyeon.”

Jungyeon weakly bowed. “Good night, Your Highness.” She went inside and read her documents again. “I hate this.”

~~~

“Merry Christmas, Honey!” Nayeon hugged Jungyeon. “This is for you.” She handed a neatly wrapped box to her girlfriend.

“Present! I like present!” The shorthaired girl grinned as she took the box from her girlfriend. She sweetly smiled to Nayeon. “Thank you, Honey~ But what is it?”

“Open it.”

The Princess carefully opened her present and found a piece of jewelry inside. She took it out and shot a questioning look at her girlfriend.

“I found it when I was shopping with my mom.” Nayeon said and then showed her arm that had the identical bracelet. “It matches with mine.” She grinned. “Here. I’ll put it on you.” She took over the bracelet and did as she suggested. “Now we have couple items!”

Jungyeon was still looking at her own occupied arm. She found it cute and she found it funny how simple thing like that could make her felt ecstatic.

“You don’t like it?”

“I love it. Thank you, Honey.” Jungyeon quickly replied, with her idiotic grin. “I’m sorry I didn’t prepare anything for you.”

“Just kiss me here.” Nayeon pointed her forehead.

The younger girl beamed before leaning in to kiss her girlfriend’s forehead. “Merry Christmas.” She weakly smiled when she suddenly replayed last conversation with her sister in her head.

Nayeon saw the different beam so she reached out and caressed her girlfriend’s hand. “Hey… Are you okay?”

The younger girl shook her head and went back from the trance. “Huh?” She looked at the girl sat in front of her.

“You seemed a bit down today.”

“What? No… Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me. I don’t like to be lied to.”

Jungyeon huffed and decided to tell Nayeon. “I uhh… Remember that I had a sudden family meeting last week?”

Nayeon hummed her answer and nodded.

“Apparently my family already figured out what I should do after high school.” The young Princess said.

“And…?”

“I’m going to University of Saint Andrews.” Jungyeon sighed.

Nayeon tilted her head. “Foreign university?”

“It’s in Scotland.”

Nayeon could felt her heart cracked a bit. “What? Why so far?” They’ve just gotten together, why their path seemed to be hard and rocky.

“It’s kinda my family’s tradition. My parents and my sister went there, and they expect me to follow their path, so that’s why.”

The older girl took a deep breath and smiled. “It’s okay.” She held her girlfriend’s hand. “We’ll be okay. There’s always video calls, and you can visit me on your break or I might visit you.” She tried to calm her heart as well as

“Let me do the visits.” Jungyeon softly smiled. She tried to humor herself.

“Deal.” Nayeon grinned. She tried to cheer up the somber mood. She saw her girlfriend’s sad face again and lifted her chin so she could see her eyes. “We’ll be okay, Jungyeon-ah. Let’s just enjoy our time now.”

“Yeah.”

~~~

“Bye Babe!”

“BABE?!” Jihyo blurted out after she accidentally heard Chaeyoung’s goodbye to her best friend. “You two got together too?”

Mina shyly nodded.

“And I’m still single…” Jihyo puffed her cheeks.

The Japanese grinned and poked the cheek. “You can be our love child.”

“No way. I prefer Nayeon and Jungyeon Unnie.”

“You prefer us what?” Nayeon asked once she got to the two with her girlfriend in tow, hands interlaced to each other.

“Umma! Appa!” Jihyo grinned as she opened her arms, ready to hug the couple.

Nayeon slapped her best friend’s arms away. “No! Go away!”

“I shall not get into your fights.” Jungyeon grinned. She then looked at her girlfriend and patted her head. “I’ll see you at lunch.”

Nayeon smittenly nodded. “Bye~” She cutely said.

“Bye…”

“Bye Appa!” Jihyo added.

“Bye kiddo!”


HIIII!!!

I'm terribly sorry for the late update. Been really cooped up with the work.