Moonbeam Coreopsis

Bloom in Gyu - Book III

Pairing: Sunggyu/Woohyun

Summary: Woohyun goes to a bookshop every day after school to see Sungkyu.

Genre: Fluff, Romance

Word count: 7,883

 


My Emotions, From: Ecstasy and Star Tea

 

My Emotions, From: A Boy and Girl

He peered at the boy on the other side of the store. His eyes blazing an intense fire.

“Don't turn around, don't turn around,” he whispered to himself. He squinted his eyes, trying to see what book the boy was reading.

“Sungkyu, I'm going out for a bit, watch the store.” The manager called to the pretty boy. He looked up and nodded. His attention went back to the book in his hand. The cover was bright yellow with swirls of white.

“He looks amazing……” Woohyun continued gazing at the pretty person. Every day after school, he would go to the bookstore, with a different excuse every time; just to see this beautiful person who didn't even know of his existence. He pouted to himself remembering that he hadn't been successful in any of the conversations he tried to make towards the person who held all of his attention. They were usually small greetings that any customer would give to an employee.

“Woohyun! What are you doing?” His friend came over to him, loudly gaining the other customers’ attention. Sungyeol tracked Woohyun’s gaze.

“Ahh, I know now! You came to spy on your ‘love’!” Sungyeol smiled mischievously at Woohyun whilst nodding his head.

“Shush! Not so loud!” Woohyun whispered harshly to Sungyeol. His eyes started twinkling as the object of his infatuation walked across the store. Light brown hair fluttering calmly through the soft breeze that intensified with every step. Woohyun’s heart began to pace faster, almost as if it would leap out of his chest, stopping time.

“Fine fine. Are you going to talk to him? Tell him how you feel?” Sungyeol asked.

“I shouldn't….He already has someone else…”

“How do you know?”

“Because he was talking to someone the other day about confessing…” Woohyun’s eyes dropped slightly. He remembered finding out that Sungkyu had someone else in his heart. Having felt cold all over, shivering for a while. It was raining outside too. He had to walk through the cold rain just to get home.

“Well, do you know who?” Sungyeol’s question caught him off guard, he hadn't thought to question who Sungkyu liked. Shaking his head slowly, Woohyun turned away from the shelves and began to walk out of the store. He felt silly and dumb for even thinking he would have a chance with someone who went to a completely different school, and hardly even knew of him. Even more so, he hadn't thought about who had a place in Sungkyu’s heart. Woohyun stared at the ground as he walked, securely holding his bag. Sungyeol jogged to Woohyun, quickly catching up. Even though a part of him didn't want to find out, the other part did.

“Woohyun, look. I'll find out for you if you want. You know my information extracting abilities are top notch! Then we can make him not like that person anymore….” Sungyeol did his best to cheer up Woohyun, but unfortunately, his friend just wanted to give up and not do anything. All Woohyun could do was watch from afar anyways. He liked seeing Sungkyu every day, but he also felt like he was spending too much time on someone who didn't even like him.

“No, it's okay. Let's just go home. I have to babysit my neighbor today anyways.” Woohyun and Sungyeol walked home together, sullenly. They had a lot of homework and barely enough time to do it.

>_< *_*

**

Woohyun went back. He didn't go to the store yesterday or the day before, but he went back on this day. The day that marked the first time he ever saw Sungkyu. The scent of a perfectly sweetened star tea. His star tea. A mixture of lemons, strawberries, and apricots, blended together with some mint leaves and agave. Frustration had overtaken him and he didn't know what to do.

Woohyun had also come up with an excuse in case someone asked him what he was doing there. Apparently, his teacher assigned a book project, so he came to pick the book. His taste was rather exact, but lately he had been reading thrillers, of which was his least favorite genre. He preferred the romance genre, considering he himself was a romantic person.

He avoided looking at Sungkyu, only taking occasional glances. Sungkyu's hair was combed down, as usual. His bangs almost covering his eyes, but his hair looked lighter, almost like a caramel color. Sungkyu was helping a different customer find a book in the thriller section. Woohyun nervously reached for a book and pretended to observe it when Sungkyu came close to him. His heart pulsed ever so deeply, ripping his veins from any moment of rest. Breathes unsteadily taken, he was conscious of his appearance and felt dumb for not brushing his hair that morning.

Sungkyu’s voice pranced along the air, skillfully talking in a medium tone, one to appeal to customers even if they were upset. Woohyun’s cheeks had light sprinkles of pink, like the afterglow of a nineties makeup model.

“......that book doesn't have a nice ending.” The voice shocked Woohyun. His eyes fell upon Sungkyu’s in less than a second. Their gaze held something, but Woohyun had no idea what it was.

“Do you like books with nice endings?” Sungkyu continued. Woohyun just stood there, unaware of the red shades that appeared on his face.

“Uhh, I don't really mind the endings…..they can be whatever the author wants them to be….I guess.” Woohyun managed to reply, but it was only out of politeness. His mind was begging him to elaborate and clear up any confusion, but his heart was begging him not to, for it would burst.

“Is that so?” Sungkyu smiled, it was a mixture of innocence and amusement. “Either way, I don't really recommend the book. It felt like a waste of time, but maybe you’d like it.” Woohyun thought for a moment, should he purchase the book? Or should he keep looking and ask Sungkyu for recommendations? The answer was obvious.

“Please help me find a book that won't be a waste of time then.”

“Sure, what do you like?” I like guys named Sungkyu who work at bookshops and smell like moldy books mixed with tea. Woohyun’s thoughts made him smile. The first smile he didn’t suppress in front of Sungkyu.

"I like to read thrillers, but that's a bit of a given considering I'm in the section, but I'll read whatever you think is good too." He immediately dreaded the last phrase that he spoke. It took all his might to even speak, yet his mouth ran off without him thinking. Woohyun hoped Sungkyu wouldn't notice his nervousness. He practiced many times until he mastered the ability to speak to people that made him nervous, Sungkyu especially. Woohyun made Sungyeol practice with him, pretending to be Sungkyu. Even that made Woohyun nervous.

"Alright, I read this one not too long ago," Sungkyu picked up a yellow book with swirls on it. Woohyun recognized it immediately, he hadn't even researched it like he usually did with the other books Sungkyu would read. "It was pretty good in my opinion, definitely worth my time."

"....okay, I'll check it out." Woohyun bit his tongue before he could say anything else. His fingers were already painfully digging themselves into the prints of one another. He reached his hand out carefully, trying to avoid contact with Sungkyu's hands.

"Should I ring it up for you at the register?" Sungkyu let go of the book once it was in Woohyun's grasp. Woohyun nodded, interrupting the smile that almost spread itself upon his face.

"You usually come to the shop, right? I mean, you weren't here yesterday, right?" Woohyun's eyes widened a bit, he had no idea Sungkyu noticed him. The pulsing in his veins came through at a greater speed. He wasn't expecting this at all, he rarely ever bought a book.

Woohyun nodded again, slowly, unsure of what to say. A part of him didn't believe that Sungkyu actually noticed him, and it made him sad.

"...uh, I didn't mean to make that sound creepy. I was just curious is all. The owner of the shop said you go to school with his daughter and she usually comes by after school too, so I figured you guys were friends or something." Sungkyu quickly explained his reasoning and added a half-hearted smile at the end of his sentiment.

Woohyun knew who he was talking about, but the truth was that he wasn't friends with that girl. She had confessed to him before, but he turned her down. Now they just awkwardly pass each other at school. Woohyun considered dating her, because then he could see Sungkyu more often, but Sungyeol talked him out of it. Sungyeol feigned a huge crush on her so Woohyun wouldn't hurt her feelings.

"It's okay, um, we aren't really friends just acquaintances." Woohyun nodded to himself, trying to smile at Sungkyu to reassure him. The smile came with hardly any effort and he looked miserably distressed.

"Well, have a nice day." Sungkyu pushed the bag into Woohyun's hands. The sudden contact surprised Woohyun. His mind went into a chaos and his organs went wild. The floating feeling came to him in a sudden outburst.

"....thanks!" Woohyun practically yelped out his response. Quickly turning away, he blasted for the door. A few stumbles may or may not have made their appearance before he successfully opened the door.

Once Woohyun successfully reached his house, a huge blush appeared on his face. A maniacal smile appeared and he exclaimed in rejoice at the thought of their hands having touched. The floating feeling came back and his heart was elevated. Woohyun wrapped himself in his blankets, rolling around in bed and kicking his feet.

^~^ XD

♨︎

"Are you okay.....?" Sungyeol asked. Woohyun had been acting weird for the past couple of days and he wasn't sure what to do.


"Yes...I just...uhh....have a lot on my mind...." Woohyun awkwardly laughed and scratched his neck. Sungyeol knew Woohyun was hiding something, so he decided to investigate. It was hard to get his friend to tell him sometimes, so all Sungyeol would do was ‘help’ Woohyun tell him.

After school, Sungyeol tailed Woohyun until they arrived to a flower shop. Sungyeol hadn't been to this side of the town before, he wondered how Woohyun had even found out about the flower shop. It was small and discreet, hidden behind a few large evergreens. The only way to know that the shop was there, was if you read the large sign in front of the path of trees. Rather sketchy, it was, but Woohyun kept going. He wanted his confession to be special.

After reading the book that Sungkyu recommended to him in two days, Woohyun felt a sudden inspiration to confess. The story's plot was of a person that wanted to find the meaning of life, but along the way, he gets trapped in living the same day over and over again. It didn't seem like a normal thriller, Woohyun felt that Sungkyu probably just said it was a thriller in order for him to read it.

Either way, Woohyun still felt a strong relation towards the book. The time spent reading it felt short, yet it felt like the book was his whole life. He didn't want it to go to waste, so he challenged himself and decided he'll confess to Sungkyu even though he will most likely get rejected.

The flower shop was filled with red carnations and roses. Tulips, asters, zinnias, any flower he could possibly think of. The roses were too cliche and he wasn't sure if Sungkyu liked roses. The tulips were mostly violet and too basic for his liking. Woohyun wanted it to be perfect even though it was unlikely. Some light yellow and white carnations. 'Perfect.' Woohyun ordered the flowers from the shop owner.

"Do you have a date with your girlfriend?" The shopkeeper smiled at Woohyun, widely. Woohyun lightly blushed and shook his head.

"No, I'm planning to confess." Woohyun smiled brightly thinking about the confession. He couldn't believe he was going to do it!

"Oh, good luck!" The shop owner wrapped the flowers up in pastel blue paper, sending him a teasing smile and a thumbs up.

Woohyun skipped out of the shop, gleefully. As he made his way down the road, a figure suddenly flew out of the bushes.

"WAHH!!! YOU SCARED ME!!!" Woohyun yelled at Sungyeol's bright pink backpack that had flown out of the bushes and landed right in front of his feet. Sungyeol suddenly popped out of the bushes after the backpack and smiled in triumph.

"Good." Sungyeol nodded to himself with satisfaction. He dusted his hands off and stepped out of the bushes. When Sungyeol lifted the backpack off the ground, Woohyun stared in horror. The backpack had received a stain from some dog poop that was on the sidewalk.

"OH NO!!! My backpaaaaaccccckkkk!!!" Sungyeol dramatically yelled up to the sky, his arms out at his sides with the palms up.

"Don't worry, I've got some napkins in my pocket, it'll get the poop right off!" Woohyun laughed loudly. The napkins he pulled out of his pocket were soft, and only made the stain worse. Woohyun continued to laugh, but Sungyeol was enraged.

"How dare you!? You ruined my backpack!!!" Sungyeol dramatically pointed his finger at Woohyun in an accusing manner. "Now buy me a new one!"

"I can't. I just spent the rest of my money today, next time maybe." Woohyun winked and continued walking down the sidewalk. Sungyeol followed behind, glaring childishly.

"What were you doing at this creepy shop anyways? It's in the middle of nowhere!" Sungyeol asked Woohyun once they were a good ways away from the store.

"....Nothing, I just wanted to buy my mother some pretty flowers. It's her birthday." Woohyun gulped nervously.

“I thought your mom’s birthday was last month.” Sungyeol smiled with speculation at Woohyun. “Unless you're hiding something….” Woohyun looked at the ground nervously.

“You’re going to confess, aren't you?!” Woohyun’s cheeks turned a brighter shade of red than before and his eyes widened as he made eye contact with Sungyeol.

“Your expression says it all. You can't hide anything from me, even if my backpack can hide poop, your expression can’t hide anything.” Sungyeol was content and decided to help Woohyun confess even though Woohyun was reluctant to receive the help.

♤♤♤♤

Woohyun paced back and forth in his room for twenty minutes. His hair was soaking wet from sweat. The nerves were getting to him when he had woken up that morning. He had decided to get the nerves out by going for a run. Terrible decision on his part. The nerves only got worse, and he was sweating way more than before. Woohyun didn't know what to wear or how to brush his hair. Sungyeol called an hour earlier saying he would come over to help, but he was still nowhere to be found.

The night also felt terribly long because he couldn't sleep at all. The confession was on his mind the whole night. On the bright side, he was up really early, and able to witness the sunrise. Something he had always wanted to do, especially with Sungkyu. Woohyun smiled once again, Sungkyu always brought a smile to his face without him having to try.

"Woohyun! I'm here!" Sungyeol yelled up to Woohyun from downstairs. The smile quickly grew weary as his nerves were present once again. Sungyeol went upstairs in a dash, it seemed. Woohyun was amazed at his speed.

"How did you get in?"

"Your mom let me in before she left." Sungyeol shrugged and threw his body onto Woohyun's bed, an apple in his hand.

"Could you, like, not eat on my bed?"

"Could you, like, let me eat something for breakfast? I came over as quickly as I could, I didn't even have time to eat breakfast...." Sungyeol pouted.

"What do you mean you came quickly? It took you an hour to arrive!" Woohyun feigned part of his frustration, placing his fingers on his forehead.

"I had something I needed to take care of…” Sungyeol looked away sheepishly. A soft smile making its way onto his face.

"Oh." Woohyun put it together in less than a second. Sungyeol was seeing someone, Woohyun nodded his head knowingly. However, they did not have much time before Woohyun had to get to the bookshop. Sungkyu started work in less than two hours and Woohyun was still not ready.

"Alright, first, you need to take a shower. You smell pretty bad." Sungyeol swept Woohyun into the bathroom, locking himself out and Woohyun in. After about thirty minutes, Woohyun came out of the bathroom, squeaky clean and smelling fantastic.

"....What to wear? What to wear?" Sungyeol tapped his finger on his chin and thought for a moment as he examined Woohyun's collection of clothes.

"A pure innocent look should do the trick!" Sungyeol snapped his fingers and picked Woohyun's clothes out for him. "There! Now you'll look cute!" He playfully pinched Woohyun's cheeks with a great force.

"Okay, you brush your hair. While I go make some breakfast," Sungyeol walked out of the room, leaving a dazed Woohyun to decide the rest himself. Help, yeah right. His hair was combed straight down and his bangs covered his forehead. The upper part of his eyelids struggled to be seen behind his hair. Cute and pure....? Whatever. Woohyun exited the room after picking up the flowers from his desk. His nerves still had not calmed down and he had a hard time eating his food. Sungyeol even made Woohyun his favorite breakfast. Star tea and toast with blackberry jam.

Sungyeol left Woohyun, a nervous wreck, at the bookshop. His palms had sweat so much that the flowers in his hands were probably overly hydrated, or overly dehydrated. His hand started shaking as he reached out for the door. His steps were slow and the shop was quiet.

Am I too early? Woohyun thought as he walked into the store. The building smelled like coffee, a scent that was rare to him. The owner was recording the inventory when Woohyun stopped in front of the register. He stared blankly, not sure what to say.

"May I help you, Woohyun?" The owner gave all of his attention to Woohyun, raising his eyebrow. Woohyun's hands found each other beyond the stems that were getting crushed between his hands.

"Uhh, I...uhh. I-I was wondering if K-Sungkyu was here yet." The owner looked Woohyun over for a moment. His face told Woohyun that he knew exactly why he was there.

After a short moment, the owner finally responded. "Sorry Woohyun. Sungkyu moved to another part of the country. He was accepted to the university he wanted to go to, so he moved once he got the news. Yesterday was his last day."

Woohyun's thoughts began to dwindle, then his hands began to shake a bit harder. He gripped the flowers in his hands with a great deal of strength. Tears began to form in his eyes. Humiliation, embarrassment, loss and disappointment all compiled onto his face. The heat was rising and he was about to break out into a cold sweat.

"Thanks for your time, sir." Woohyun his heel and dashed out of the store. The sun was blazing into his eyes. His thoughts began to scatter. He had missed his chance. He had missed his chance, a once in a lifetime opportunity, and he missed it. His body began to lose energy, the flowers in his hand fell to the ground and his heart beat skyrocketed. Sungkyu was gone, and he wasn't sure if he'd ever see him again.

A few years later….

My Emotions, From: A Shooting Star

It was days like these that he barely had any customers. The rainy days were his most favorite since that meant he barely had to talk to anyone, but the rainy days also meant his paycheck got smaller. The young man could only handle so much.
He sighed for the tenth time that day, a bright red nose perched on his face. The heater had stopped working hours ago, and at this moment he was just waiting for work to be over so that he could go home and drink tea, while bundled in his favorite quilt.

The door swung open allowing a cold breeze to enter the small store. A dark haired boy soaked to the bone entered the building, he looked slightly younger than him. Sungkyu looked at him closely, realizing that the boy's hair was actually dyed purple. His gaze was strong and eerie as he gazed across the shelves of books, and cds. Sungkyu observed him for a short while before finally deciding to help him out.

"May I help you with finding something?" The boy's gaze travelled to the voice before answering.

"I'm not looking for anything in particular." His monotone voice gave Sungkyu the chills, but it was still light and warm somehow.

"Okay then, just let me know if you need anything."

"Thanks." The boy kept looking through the shelves as Sungkyu went back to the counter. A few minutes later, three books and a CD were placed in front of him. Sungkyu glanced up in surprise. The three books were all romance novels and the CD was heavy metal. What an interesting combination. He cleared his throat, "Will that be all?" He asked. The boy nodded awkwardly, avoiding eye contact. Sungkyu found it cute and murmured to himself. Once the boy finished paying, the boy left the store and a smile crept upon Sungkyu’s face, today was in fact a great day full of rain.

+_+ ^_^

The sun had been out for the past few weeks and made Sungkyu's life miserable, his uptight boss decided that Sungkyu should work at a different branch of the company that had just opened, but decided against it upon request. His life was here and he didn't plan on moving anytime soon. Sungkyu's boss decided his co-worker, Dongwoo, should move instead. Feeling happy about not having to move, Sungkyu walked to work with a smile on his face.

Today was Sungkyu’s day to close up and as luck would have it, the sun had stopped beaming upon his life and rain began to pour heavily out of the clouds. There was hardly any time left until he had to close the shop and he figured he'd get to relax inside with the water falling on the windows. Gently, the drops fell with a small increment of feeling into each one. He sighed, it was tiring to keep moving. No customers were coming so he was going to close the shop for the day. But it was then that a fine specimen decided to show. It was incredible.

He was forever glowing a voluminous light. Together they would find themselves one day, in a room of rain, and positivity. They would one day grow close, he knew it. It was not a great feeling of having to stop your feelings from growing. Of having to figure out if it was right or wrong to the brim of time. He was thinking, clearly for a moment, then hazy in the next. Together, it was forever. That's what he thought when he was an adolescent. His crush and him would end up together, but after confessing and getting rejected, the fear of being rejected stopped him from pursuing anyone ever again. Of never feeling a feeling of emotion for the other person. Of some out of despair falling and entering a sequence of every dime in the world. Worth ten minutes of your time, of your life. It was gone. He felt it was leaving him, that craving for a relationship.


"May I help you find something?" He asked the purple haired young man. His eyes blazed an increase of infatuation.

"....no. I'm okay."

"Alright." He moved back to the counter. It was cold and his tea left a humid imprint.
The time went by slowly. The rain was getting heavier and he was awaiting for the time to close the shop. It was illuminous. A few minutes later, Sungkyu heard a thud. His attention shifted to the male on the floor.

With wide eyes, Sungkyu held back the urge to laugh and advanced quickly to the human on the ground. He held his hand out, a shock went through his fingers as the stranger grabbed his hand with delicacy.

"Are you alright?" He asked with a small increment of amusement placed on his face.

"Yeah, thanks." The purple haired stranger rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. They were still holding hands and he wasn't sure if he should let go yet or not. Sungkyu, noticing the awkwardness, retracted his hand slowly.

"Anytime, let me know if you need anything. I'm going back to the counter." As he turned away, the stranger grabbed his arm shyly, his head was down. Sungkyu looked at him with perplexity. The stranger pointed at a book on the top shelf.

"Can you grab that book for me please?" A tinge of feeling made its way into Sungkyu's heart. Why is this guy so adorable? The stranger stared at him, his eyes gleaming for a short moment.

"Yes. Of course, it's this one, right?" Sungkyu reached for the book at the top shelf. He wondered why the purple haired stranger couldn't reach it. Afterall, their heights weren't that different.

The stranger nodded, still slightly embarrassed. The wind outside had gotten stronger and the rain had transformed into a storm. The lights shut off.

"Uh, what happened?" Sungkyu’s hand stopped in the midst of grabbing the book.

"It's probably just a black out because of the storm. I think the lights should come back any minute now." The stranger said, his voice shaking a bit, as if he was trying to convince himself that everything was going to be okay.

"Hmm. I'll go check the circuit box." Sungkyu started walking to the back of the store, when he felt something grasp his hand. Twice, in one day. The stranger has grasped Sungkyu’s hand, and he was flustered as their hands touched.

"P-Please don't leave me alone......I'm...uh....kind of afraid of the dark..." The stranger looked down, Sungkyu noticed in the little light that was left, that his cheeks were turning slightly pink. He must be embarrassed. He's so cute. Sungkyu gently entwined their fingers, which surprised himself as much as it surprised the stranger. His fingers had just done as they pleased, glad to find a heat source in the cold.

"Okay, let's go together then, there's a flashlight behind the counter, let's get it first."

"Okay." The stranger nodded his head and moved closely behind Sungkyu.

"I'm Sungkyu by the way, in case we get lost in the dark."

"Oh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Woohyun."

"Are you from around here?" Sungkyu asked as he slid his feet across the floor, making sure they didn't bump into anything.

"Yeah, I live in the Northern part of the city. I'm still studying so I can't live too far from the university. How about you?"

"I live in the Northern part as well, but I'm not studying." They finally reached the counter when the lights .

"Well that didn't last long." Sungkyu laughed lightly. Woohyun smiled at the sight, wondering how blessed he was to be able to see this beautiful person.

"So, are you ready for check out?" Sungkyu asked as he held the book, that he retrieved for Woohyun, out. Woohyun's hands left Sungkyu's arm and received the book.

"I suppose so, it's closing time, right?" The smile he delivered to Sungkyu's gaze made Sungkyu's heart swirl. He felt flustered and slightly shocked. How did this person have such an affect on him? So easily too.

"Yeah, but you can keep browsing if you'd like."

"No, I think I'll just buy this and call it a night.....Do you get off work right away?" Sungkyu glanced up from where his hand was gently grabbing the book Woohyun was going to buy.

".....Maybe like ten minutes after...why?" The question made both of them nervous. Not knowing what Woohyun would say, Sungkyu’s mind went everywhere. Woohyun was kind of unpredictable so far from what he had observed.

"I was just thinking, I mean we both live in the Northern part of town...maybe we can go together. If that's okay." Woohyun's confidence flustered Sungkyu. How did the kid have so much confidence?

"If you don't mind waiting, I don't see why not." Sungkyu's answer came out slow and shy.

"Alright, I don't mind waiting." Woohyun tried to contain his excitement. His senior was finally paying attention to him and he was delighted.

Once Sungkyu wrapped the book and locked up the shop, they were ready to go. It was still windy and the storm wasn't calming down.

"Maybe we should wait a while. The storm still looks too heavy," Woohyun observed.

"Do you live far? The Northern part of town is kind of big...."

"Yeah, kind of. I mean I can't really walk there without it taking an hour to arrive."

".....Do you just want to stay at my house? It's pretty close, maybe like ten minutes, five if we hurry." Sungkyu felt daring, and worried that Woohyun would get into some kind of trouble if he let him go home alone.

"Uh. Sure, why not?" Woohyun smiled brightly, his face was growing a bit warm. He was glad that in that moment, he wasn't the one that had to initiate anything.

"Okay! Follow me!" Sungkyu pointed towards the direction they would walk. Happy that he brought his umbrella, Sungkyu opened it with joy and placed it over their heads.

After seven minutes, Sungkyu walked up the stairs of his complex and unlocked the door. The rain was just starting to grow harder, so they were satisfied that they got there quickly.

"Come on in," Sungkyu invited Woohyun into his home. Woohyun stepped in, the warmth quickly placing itself on his cheeks again, but for a different reason this time.

Once inside, Sungkyu placed his shoes on the shoe rack and Woohyun did the same. The place was spacious and the walls were painted beige. Fairly basic, but still cozy. A grand piano stood in the middle of the living room. There were shelves of hundreds of books, some stacked on each other and sprawled on Sungkyu's desk.

"....You must really like to read," Woohyun felt his old feelings begin to rise again. The nostalgia was hitting him so hard, and he wasn't sure he'd be able to take it. After finding out about Sungkyu's departure, Woohyun decided to study hard and make a name for himself. He became almost hollow, and dated a few people to pass the time, but none of them gave him the feelings Sungkyu once did. All the books Woohyun read were thrillers, because he knew how much Sungkyu loved thrillers. Whenever Sungyeol asked him if he still loved Sungkyu, Woohyun always said no. Woohyun still showed his love through small things that he hoped Sungyeol didn't notice. He was slowly hurting himself even more.

A few months prior to Woohyun's graduation, Sungyeol had heard that Sungkyu would be coming back after graduating college. Woohyun pretended not to care, when in reality, he did. Then Woohyun found Sungkyu's social media accounts and secretly stalked them every night for a month, before he was caught by his mom.

It was all coming clear to Woohyun. No matter how much he denied the feelings that Sungkyu made him feel, Sungkyu would always have a place in his heart. He was his first love after all.

"Would you like some tea?" And now, Woohyun was standing in Sungkyu's living room. He never expected to come this far even though his main purpose for visiting the book shop again was too see how Sungkyu had matured. To see if he would still have the fluttering feeling he once received.

"Yes please."

"What kind would you like?" Sungkyu looked into Woohyun's eyes with a genuine curiosity.

"Star tea would be great," Woohyun gazed back into Sungkyu's eyes. He wondered if Sungkyu remembered him.

".......have we met before?" Sungkyu's mind was hazy. He wasn't sure if he was hallucinating, but he was so sure that the purple haired guy standing in his living room, was the cute, awkward teenager that would go to the bookstore every day after school and steal glances at him. Of course, Sungkyu had noticed that this non-discrete boy was interested in him. After all, the owner and his daughter always pointed Woohyun out whenever he was in the shop. It became even more clear to him when he recommended a book to Woohyun that his boss was sure Woohyun would never read. And then when they touched and Woohyun ran out of the store. Sungkyu smiled every time he noticed Woohyun in the store, because he found it adorable that he tried to hide his crush on Sungkyu but failed miserably every time.

Sungkyu remembered Woohyun well, he just wasn't sure Woohyun remembered him. Although he doubted Woohyun had forgotten about him, considering his adolescent feelings.

“I don't believe so.” Woohyun smiled at Sungkyu in a teasing manner.

Sungkyu stepped closer to Woohyun and placed his fingers on Woohyun’s chin. He wasn't sure what he was doing, but his body wasn't listening to his mind anymore. Woohyun's eyes gazed at Sungkyu’s, his cheeks were beginning to appear more familiar. Woohyun's heart definitely remembered Sungkyu, and it didn't go unnoticed.

“Then where have I seen you?” Sungkyu whispered. Their faces were even closer than before. He leaned close to Woohyun, breathing in his scent. Although he hadn’t smelled his scent often when they were young, Sungkyu always remembered it. His nose and memory never let him forget.

“Maybe I was in your dreams…” Woohyun leaned in before giving it a second thought. A billion sparks of light and memories flashed their beams in a million ways. This was his dream. Woohyun's adolescent dream.

Sungkyu wasn't necessarily surprised by Woohyun’s actions, but he knew Woohyun was. The trace of Woohyun’s lips became all he knew in that instant. In more than one way, he could draw the feelings he felt in that moment. A mixture of panic and lust, of citrus and virtue. Woohyun was it. In that instant, when he felt his warmth on his face, on his body. It was an enlightenment of a sort. The passion and emotion Woohyun echoed through the kiss was vibrant.

He never wanted it to end. Before Woohyun could pull away, Sungkyu kissed him back with a soft passion. To Woohyun, kissing Sungkyu was what reminded him of all the books he had read, and how different they were. He didn't feel excited, he felt luminescent, reminiscent, fluorescent. He felt complete.

Woohyun’s right hand began to tug on Sungkyu’s dark hair, while his left hand mimicked Sungkyu’s in playing around the bottom of his shirt. More passion, more emotion was given as they felt each other's vibrancy. As Woohyun’s hands explored Sungkyu’s clothes, and Sungkyu’s mouth latched onto Woohyun’s with more urgency. Woohyun lightly bit Sungkyu’s lip as Sungkyu began to pull away. Their bodies had only interacted for four minutes, and already they were becoming attached. Finally, Woohyun let go. His mouth was colored a darker, brighter shade than his hair. His hair was even more of a mess and the heat had really got to him. Sungkyu had played with his hair more than he initially thought. It made him feel both shy and happy.

A dark red pouty mouth was the only thing Sungkyu was worried about. He didn't want their relationship to progress too quickly, so he pulled away. He didn't want to, but he also didn't want to take advantage of Woohyun. He was cute and really attractive, and Sungkyu didn't want to ruin that. Eventually, he thought, they would get there. After all, Woohyun was still in love with Sungkyu whether he denied it or not, and Sungkyu was in the process of falling in love with Woohyun. Their feelings were real, very much so that Sungkyu decided he would confess to Woohyun the next time they saw each other. No matter what.

~.~ ^.^

My Emotions, From: The Time I Took To Find You

You’re so beautiful.’ The soft voice came in increments of bliss and reality. A huff came from Sungkyu’s mouth. He pressed his lips onto Woohyun’s, waiting for him to respond. Woohyun took his time and traced Sungkyu’s back with his finger. He peeled his shirt off and placed more kisses along Sungkyu’s body.

‘Will you-’

Sungkyu sat up in bed. His eyes widened. Had he really dreamt that? He was slowly losing his mind to the thoughts of Woohyun. It was an inevitable part of their progressing relationship, but they hadn't even established the intimacy or levels they were at yet. It was true, Sungkyu thought of Woohyun every morning and every night. Every afternoon and evening. The solemnity was getting to him because he wasn't sure what he was going to do. Woohyun was everything he had ever wanted, and he felt so bad for not being there to receive the adolescent’s confession. I will confess to you this time, please wait for me.

Quickly, Sungkyu dressed himself and went outside. Hoping the flower shop was still located in the same place as before, he took his leave. Blue carnations, yellow zinnias, red roses, white daisies. What would Woohyun like? He thought back to the flowers Woohyun had bought for him when he was about to confess. (He had made the book owner spill every detail when he had returned from his study.) The flowers Woohyun picked before were now somewhat saddening, so he chose some tulips. They were simple, yet beautiful.

“Are you confessing?” The shop owner asked as she wrapped the flowers up for him. Sungkyu felt like an adolescent again. So this is how Woohyun felt. A shy nod and smile came out. The shop owner sent him an encouraging smile and gave him the flowers once he paid. A lot of people must go here to get confession flowers, huh?

The rain gently poured down, encouraging Sungkyu as well. Releasing warm messages that would be his inspiration for confessing. He walked. Walked for so long that he didn't know where he was, when suddenly he saw him. He saw Woohyun and he dashed to him. Every muscle in his body and every breath he had was spent and soon his words were a jumbled mess that were so incoherent, he felt embarrassed. With the flowers in his hands, Sungkyu exclaimed to the world. He yelled out to Woohyun.

“I was too naive to see you before. I was too afraid to see you before. I was too childish to see you before. But I'm here now. I'm here for you to say that you're mine. I'm here to say that I never forgot you when I first saw you that first day that you came to the bookshop. I'm here to tell you that I regret not telling you my true feelings from before because I thought you were with someone else. Because I always told myself it couldn't be me that you were there to see, because you're so beautiful and deserve someone that would make you happy and even if I'm not that person. Even if I'm not suitable, if I'm not charming enough, I always want to see you smile and hear your voice because…...because I..”

His breath was gone. The oxygen was taking too long to process through his system.

“Because I love you. I love you and I want us to stay together forever even if it's unrealistic.” Sungkyu looked up at Woohyun nervously. Awaiting a response. Anything. He didn't budge. Soon a glistening stream of tears came out of Woohyun’s eyes. The tears kept coming, and his breathing was unsteady. His arm came up to his face, drying the tears away. Sungkyu released a few tears too and reached out for Woohyun. He hugged him tightly with all the energy he had left. Every ounce of love he had carried for Woohyun was growing and overflowing.Woohyun’s face was on Sungkyu's shoulder as his hair was brushed back with care. Taking his time. Taking his time to walk through the memories.

~Lovely Day~

Sungkyu slid his arms gently around Woohyun's waist. Slowly, and with an iridescent essence, he leaned his head down to lie on the other guy's shoulder. He was tired and just wanted to smell the scent of his own star tea. A pouty face came up and kissed Sungkyu's forehead.

"What are you doing?" Woohyun whispered rhetorically. He smiled and wrapped his arms around the lovely person.

"Mmmm. I just really want to be here with you," Sungkyu replied with delicacy. His head lifted up and he pressed his lips onto Woohyun's neck. Woohyun's phone began to vibrate.

"Hold on. Let me check who's calling." Woohyun moved, but Sungkyu wouldn't let go. After a bit of whining from Sungkyu, Woohyun was finally able to answer the phone.

After reading who was calling, he answered and said, "I'm sorry the person you're trying to reach is unavailable at the moment."

"You can't fool me anymore Woohyun," the voice on the other side responded. Clearly annoyed.

"Aww, little baby Jimin has finally grown up?" Sungkyu looked at Woohyun in half a second when he heard him call the other person on the line a baby. He pouted and reached out for Woohyun. With a possessive urgency, he placed his face on Woohyun's neck again and began to kiss him again, a bit rougher this time.

"Woohyun, stop. I need some advice," Jimin said from the other side of the phone.

Woohyun began to zone out a bit, enjoying how many kisses he was receiving. He looked at Sungkyu with endearment.

Once his attention was brought back to the phone, he responded. "....huh...okay, what can I help you with?"

"Well......there's this girl....and uh....I asked her out on a date but I don't know how to act on a date. Can you give me some advice?"

The kisses became more and more heated, Woohyun wasn't sure about everything being said on the phone. He bit his tongue, suppressing any noises that would leave his mouth. The way he was feeling towards Sungkyu at that moment, made him wish he never answered the phone. However, Jimin was his like a brother to him and they hadn't spoken in a while.

Once he registered what Jimin said, his eyes went wide. "Woah! Hold up! You asked someone out on a date? Wow! That's great!"

Sungkyu raised his head up for a moment, a bit surprised at the sudden loud voice. He snuggled up to Woohyun again and closed his eyes.

"Yeah yeah yeah, just help me out, okay?" Jimin said.

"Ahh I see now. So, you want to know how the master himself does it, huh? Okay, I got you. So what kind of girl is she?"

The 'whiney baby' grabbed Woohyun's hand and started playing with it. Half distracted, Woohyun gave Sungkyu a stern look. He hadn't expected Sungkyu to act like a little baby, especially when he was younger. The thought of them being like this when he was an adolescent made him smile. Either way, he thought Sungkyu was the cutest person in the world and let him keep holding his hand.

"Hmm. Alrig-Woah there!" A bite came across Woohyun's bottom lip. He looked down at the one guilty of biting him. Sungkyu gave him a sheepish smile and a half smirk after feeling successful as to what he had done. Woohyun moved the phone away from his mouth, "Sungkyu, I'm on the phone." This time, he was the one whining. Sungkyu kissed Woohyun and pressed his fingers into the purple hair of his beloved. Woohyun's lip was bitten again, but with more care this time. A light kiss was delivered, with hope it would keep the other content for a while.

"....So what did you need help with again?" Woohyun finally went back to the call with Sungkyu hugging him tightly.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO WHEN WE GO ON THE DATE!" Jimin yelled.

"Woah there! No need to yell. Where are you guys going?"

"I'm taking her to an amusement park tomorrow afternoon."

"And you want to make the moves on her...in my experience, when you’re at the top of the ferris wheel, that’s the best time to lean over and give the kiss. Also in the haunted house, that’s when they really jump in your arms.”

He began to observe Sungkyu snuggled up next to him and their hands intertwined. Every moment spent together was what he felt everyone should feel. Even though he was teasing Jimin, he also wanted him to be happy.

 

"I guess that could work...anything else?"

"Just be bold and make sure you get some ice cream, so then when she eats some she'll get some on her face and you can wipe it off." He said, smirking and raising his eyebrows.

Sungkyu looked up and pouted. "I didn't know you were such a player..." He whispered whilst walking away. The warmth quickly disappeared, and Woohyun slightly smiled at Sungkyu's jealousy. He held onto Sungkyu's hand with more strength than before, begging the other not to leave. Their fingers were suddenly separated, and Sungkyu left to the kitchen.

"Ah Woohyun! I shouldn't have asked you. I'll just wing it, whatever."

Woohyun pouted a bit and replied, "You should be thankful I even answered. I’m was with my honey and wasn’t going to answer, but because I haven’t spoken to you in some time, I answered! And now he's all pouty..." He mumbled the last part.

"Yeah whatever. Thanks, I guess. I have to go. Talk to you again soon. Bye!"

"Okay bye!" Woohyun said, expecting the other to hang up. He got up from the couch to go search for Sungkyu. "Oh Sungkyu Sungkyu!! I’m finished talking to the brat! Oh! I forgot to hang up. Sorry….hahaha.” He laughed with a hint of guilt before hanging up for sure this time.

Spotting Sungkyu near the stove, Woohyun slowly walks over and hugs him from behind. Sungkyu winced a bit from the surprise hug and rests into Woohyun's embrace.

"Don't be mad at me....I needed to make sure I didn't make any mistakes when we would finally get together," Woohyun said.

"I'm not mad...I'm just sad that I wasn't your first kiss..."

"Haha, I wasn't yours either." Woohyun snuggled into Sungkyu's neck this time.

"I know..."

"But maybe I'll be your last..." Woohyun mumbled as he began to kiss Sungkyu. He smiled. The genuine smile that would always come out for Sungkyu. Anytime, anywhere.

The End.