Soul two - Hoseok

HOUSE OF BROKEN SOULS

SOUL TWO - HOSEOK

 

I work as web designer and I love my job. I don’t need to meet with people from outside of my family, so no one laugh because of my look. I think that without all those scars I would be pretty, but I have my scars as stigma.

 

When I was twelve I was going to trip with my parents and older sister we got in car accident. Our car was hit by truck and our parents died. I and my sister survived but I was cut badly all over my body and face and my sister lost one leg. Two weeks after we were discharged from hospital she committed suicide. I didn’t want to lost her so I lived with her dead body for another few weeks until neighbours noticed and called cops. They separated me from my last family and locked me in prison because they thought that I killed her. After the autopsy they released me but I have already met Namjoon and he took me to their house where I met his partner Seokjin and Yoongi. Soon after me they brought another boy Jimin. And I have new family. Because of how badly I am cut in my face I was bullied and everyone was scared of me. After high school I found job as web designer because I am excellent with computers. No one hates me or mock me because they can’t see me and I love it this way. My only problem is that I can’t stay alone for more than few minutes. I need someone with me, not necessarily in room but I need presence of someone in the house because I am too scared that they will leave me.

 

I worked whole night and now I am like dead. I want to sleep but Yoongi is playing in the piano. It is so sad melody that it almost makes me cry but I don’t want to tell him to stop. Music is Yoongi's only happiness. I sigh and put pillow over my head and fall asleep again.

 

When I woke up I hear Namjoon rattling in kitchen. Namjoon and kitchen?! I quickly get up and go downstairs. I walk in kitchen and see Namjoon doing tea and some boy sitting on ground in the corner.

 

"Hey Joon."

 

I sit down on my usual chair and observe the boy. He isn’t looking at me and I see how tense he is.

 

"Joon don’t you need to tell me something?"

 

Joon turned around and looked at me and at the boy.

 

"After lunch we will have family meeting and i will introduce him. Kookie and Jimin hasn’t seen him yet."

 

Namjoon goes closer to the boy and lifts him under armpits like a small puppy.

 

"This is Taehyung."

 

I get up from my chair and take his small hand in mine.

 

"Nice to meet you Taehyung, I am Hoseok."

 

Taehyung is only watching me and doesn’t say anything. His hand is so thin, like a paper and I van clearly see veins and bones. I let go of his hand and cook scrambled eggs. I put the food on three plates and add few slices of bread. Namjoon gratefully looked at me and starts to eat. I put the plate on table in front of free chair but Taehyung still sits on floor. After while he reached his hand and takes handful of the eggs. I am shocked and watch how he eats it like an animal and then his hands. I am stunned and confused, why is the boy acting like animal?

 

"I will explain it later ok? Thanks for the eggs, you can cook like Jin."

 

Namjoon got up and takes Taehyung's hand. I am watching how he leads the boy in the bathroom and asked the boy if he needs to pee or poop. Taehyung cant use the toilet?! I cant wait to hear the explanation.

 

NAMJOON'S POV

 

When I looked at Hoseok I still see the young boy who was so scared and lost, locked in prison with real criminals. I knew that he didn’t kill his sister in moment when I looked in his eyes. They were too innocent and sad. One night he tried to commit suicide by hanging himself on bars. And that was the last straw and I had to bring him home. We cheered him up and when Hoseok found the job as web designer he invited us for dinner in fancy restaurant. He was and he still is feeling useful and his self-confidence rose up and helped to feel better. His work is really amazing and I and Jin are proud but we are proud at all our boys. I think that Taehyung will make us proud too but maybe not in way like others.

 

Around lunch everyone come back. Jimin and Jungkook are back from college, Seokjin is back with furniture for Taehyung's room and brought fried chicken for lunch. After food we all sit down in the living room, Taehyung between me and Jin.

 

"So boys we want to introduce someone to you. This is Taehyung and he is going to be your new brother. He was neglected so he doesn’t act like a regular boy but please give him time and your love so he can get better."

 

Yoongi huffs annoyed. Jimin and Jungkook want to hug him but Taehyung is frightened and jumps in the space between couch and wall. I am worried that he could get hurt because the space is really small. He is doing weird muffled sounds so we all back off and let Seokjin to coax him. Seokjin sit Taehyung back on couch and hug him.

 

"Shh Tae they just want to hug you. No one is going to hurt you."

 

Taehyung has tears in his eyes but he calms down soon. We sit back on couch too but leave space around Taehyung. No one is going to try to hug him again but I can feel that boys love him. Even Yoongi, maybe he is now huffing in annoyance but he always find place in his heart for another broken soul.