Of Hopes and Heartbreaks (Baekhyun)

In Your Eyes

/ means flashback...

 

 

When he said he doesn't want to go to school today, he meant it.

 

"Baekhyun, you need to get up! Classes start at 8." Jongdae, his nice of a friend, went to him immediately last night when he called that he felt like dying. Jongdae, on the other hand, panicked, because Baekhyun never overreacted and if he says he felt like dying, he thought the other was actually sick. 

 

He actually is, he's lovesick.

 

 

/

Baekhyun was trying to control back his tears, he can't let his father know he was breaking inside. 

"So Baekhyun, I want to meet this Chanyeol guy who you always talk about." His father talked while driving them both home. "I am not really sure about that, Dad. He doesn't want to talk to me anymore." His father noticed the crack of his voice.

"Why, didn't he feel the same?" His father pressed it further. 

 

"Dad, I don't want to talk about it right now." his father just nodded sensing that his son is already tired and hurt.

 

When he arrived at home, he immediatley flopped to his bed and cried. 

 

Why?

 

Why did he realy think Chanyeol might be feeling something with him too. Did he read all those wrong? Chanyeol was so oblivious. He always catch him smiling fondly at him, those cheeks that always blush, the stutters everytime Baekhyun does something aggressive. He had always notice those and also what Mr. Kim told him just the other day. 

 

"I didn't see Chanyeol being this happy and free ever since he became blind. You know, I actually think he likes you, maybe even more. You really made a big change to him, he became better, the best of himself actually. But I am also sad because I know he always thinks he's just a burden to you and that he won't ever be deserving of you and that's why he's keeping a lot to himself."

 

So what are those? Maybe, he acts like that because he was grateful? That he was there helping him and now, he actually realized that he's just a waste of time. 

 

Crying, he searched for his phone and dials Jongdae's number, his very best friend.

 

"Dae, I felt like dying."

"Baek, you sound horrible, where are you? I'm coming." He heard some shuffling of keys.

"Home."

"Ok, just wait, okay"

 

 

"Baek, Oh my God. What happened?"Jongdae immediately joined Baekhyun in his bed after seeing how he looks like a mess.

 

"Chanyeol, he...he doesn't want to talk to me anymore." he hiccuped as Jongdae looked at him as if it was nothing. 

"Baekhyun, maybe he's busy or tired? I donn't think it's a big deal though, he's always cold. But honestly though, why is he doing that?"

"No, you don't understand. He told me not to talk to him anymore and that he doesn't  want to be with me and that we'll just treat each other as strangers, like what did I do wrong? or maybe, he really doesn't like me."

"Wow, what a ."

"Don't call him that!"

Jongdae look baffled "You can't be like that. He hurt you, Baek. Yet you are defending him. What the hell."

Baekhyun shook his head, "No, he doesn't even know what I feel for him, so it isn't his intention."

"But still, is he even thinking about what you would feel? What an insensitive prick."

"Stop that Jongdae."

 

Jongdae stayed that night comforting Baekhyun.

/

 

Baekhyun really did not go that day to school. He was too scared to see Chanyeol, Worse case, he might confess like "I love you, you , why are you doing this to me?"

 

Later that afternoon, Jongdae went to him again just to say, Chanyeol was absent to.