Chapter 15

A Hunter's Secret

When Kangmin opened his eyes he found himself standing in a large meadow with his wolf standing a few feet in front of him, snarling. "Why do you hate me so?" Asked Kangmin as he reached out a hand only for his wolf to snap at him. He let his arm drop to his side as he looked saddened by his wolf snapping at him. "We're friends, partners," he said. "Don't you remember?" He asked. "I would never lock you away, I welcomed your presence," he said, stepping forward.

Kangmin's wolf continued to snarl at him, though quieter this time. "I'm sorry," said Kangmin. "I just want you to be active in my mind again," he said, reaching forward and petting his wolf on the head. "Please?" He asked. "I promise, I won't let you get locked away again," he said. Kangmin's wolf stopped growling, bumping Kangmin's hand with his snout. "Thank you," Kangmin said, grinning. Everything around them soon faded to white.

 

~



Kangmin opened his eyes, seeing that he was back in the livingroom. "Did it work?" Asked Yedam as he leaned down in front of Kangmin. "I think so," said Kangmin. "I think I'm fine now at least," he said. "My wolf and I finally reconciled," he said. "That's good," said Yedam. "My mission here is done then," he said, getting up. "Where are you going to go now?" Asked Kangmin. "Believe it or not I have missions," said Yedam. "I'll see you around then, contact me when you go to confront your team, I want to see the look on Hayoung's face when he sees that his plan failed," he said with a snicker. Kangmin nodded. "Don't worry, I will," he said. Yedam nodded before leaving.

"Ah," said Mashiho as he took a deep breath. "There's that distinct werewolf smell," he said. "It did work then," he said. Kangmin turned to Mashiho. "What do I even smell like anyway?" He asked. "A pine forest," said Mashiho. "A pine forest after a rainstorm," he added. "It's a really distinctive smell, it's stronger in pure bloods though," he said. "Werewolves don't know the scent but 'shifters and vampires can tell a difference," he said.

"I thought we smelled like wet dog to you," said Kangmin as he tilted his head to the side. "No, that's the dogs that are wolf 'shifters," said Mashiho. "Believe me, if it wasn't for Yedam being here I would've fled the place before even coming over," he said.

"So," said Kangmin. "What really brings you over?" He asked. "Well," said Mashiho. "Other than Taeseon thinking he can get permission to enter Detroit for missions? I'm here to help you build up a case against your team," he said. "Trust me when I say this but," he said. "Everyone is on your side at this point," he said. "How so?" Asked Kangmin.

"When I created the vampire hunting association it was with no discrimination in mind," said Mashiho. "Anyone could get in, but they'd also have to know of our world," he said. "It's harder for those to get in unless you know who to talk to now," he said. "But we don't discriminate against those who are already in," he said. "So I'm here to help you develop a case against your old team," he said. "At least, those responsible for kicking you out," he added.

"ual assault and locking away your wolf brought this to light," said Kangmin as Mashiho sat across from him. "Really I don't know what Hayoung was thinking, thinking he could get away from something like that," he said. "Jeongin's training to be a nurse, he can pick up those kinds of things," he said. Mashiho nodded as he wrote down some things. "Even if there's no physical evidence the amount of witnesses should cover it," he said.

"You were with a pack of werewolves with vampire hunters in it right?" Asked Mashiho. Kangmin nodded. "And most, if not all of them work for Kris," he said. "I think the only people who didn't work for Kris was Jeongin, Jisung, Hohyeon, Jeno and Jungwoo," he said. Mashiho nodded and continued to write things down.

"Who are you going after the most for this?" Asked Mashiho. "Well," said Kangmin. "Mostly Hayoung and Taeseon," said Kangmin. "Because they were the ones to kick me out," he said. "The others that were on their side were only waiting on his decision on the matter," he said. "Who were those people?" Asked Mashiho. "Hyunwoo and Wooyeop," said Kangmin. "Siwoo and Hakmin were against me, but they waited on judgement from Taeseon before being fully against the idea," he said. Mashiho hummed, nodding as he wrote down what he was told.

"Alright," said Mashiho once everything was done. "I'll see what I can do here," he said. "But my job here is done until the day you bring this up to the others in the vampire hunting association," he said. "Which means contacting the other factions right?" Asked Kangmin. Mashiho nodded. "Also if you were to create a faction of your own, tell them that Mashiho approved, they will let you," he said. "I'm thinking of it," said Kangmin as he nodded.

"Well," said Mashiho as he stood, taking a picture of the notes with his phone. "I'm going to leave these notes with you," he said, handing the paper to Kangmin. "I'm going to build up a case, but remember that I can't do anything to help until you bring this up to the others," he said. Kangmin nodded. "Thank you, Mashiho," he said. Mashiho nodded. "I need to hunt, so I'm going to be leaving," he said. "My number and email are on the paper, contact me if you need anything," he said. Kangmin nodded. With that Mashiho left, leaving Kangmin by himself as he fell back against the couch.

A text pinged to his phone and Kangmin went to see who it was from, seeing that Taehyun had given him a new number. He sent a quick text of "thank you" to Taehyun before getting up and heading to his room to get his laptop to contact Chan and Kino for the first time in weeks.

"Kangmin!" Said Chan and Kino once Kangmin started the Skype call. "Hey guys," said Kangmin as he grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "I see you're transitioning into the good days," said Chan as he looked at Kino's camera on his end. "I'm doing a lot better, I'm sorry I couldn't do much," said Kino. "It's alright," said Kangmin. "I expected that to happen to be honest," he said.

"I assume you came with good news since you finally decided to contact us," said Chan. "I plan on confronting my team soon," said Kangmin. "Mashiho was here to put together a case," he said. "Mashiho?" Asked Kino. "No way," said Chan. "I didn't think that Moonbin was able to get him to go see you!" He said.

"Who is Mashiho?" Asked Kino. "He's the founder and owner of the vampire hunting association," said Kangmin. "I also met Yedam, who is also the owner and founder of the werewolf hunting association," he said. "I'm surprised they both came over," said Chan. "I'm surprised they got yelled at by Taehyun," Kangmin said with a snicker. "Their fault for coming unannounced," said Chan. Kino chuckled some.