Epilogue

A Hunter's Secret

A few months later Kangmin headed back to Changkhyun's pack house to see Hohyeon finally graduate from the University of Denver as a nurse along with Jeongin. The months leading up to the point were perfect, and Kangmin used the nearly 3 million dollar bank balance from Taeseon and Hayoung's combined bank accounts sparingly. Things were good, and Taehyun had respected Kangmin's wishes on keeping his apartment as Kangmin's main base. Kangmin had become busy with missions, but requested a week off to go see Hohyeon and Jeongin's graduation.

"Kangmin!" Said Changkhyun as Kangmin arrived with Jisung, Kihyun and Jihun. "Hello Changkhyun," said Kangmin as he got out of the jeep. "Hohyeon's graduating in a few days, are you excited?" Asked Changkhyun. "It's exciting to see for sure," said Kangmin. "It's hard to imagine that I would've been a part of it," he said. "You would've been a part of this years graduating class?" Asked Changkhyun. Kangmin nodded. "Though I had a chance to graduate early," he said.

"Do you regret leaving?" Asked Changkhyun. "Surprisingly, no," said Kangmin. "If I didn't leave when I did who knows where I'd be today," he said. "I think you made the right decision," said Jihun. "You wouldn't've made your faction," he said. "Maybe, but none of this would've happened," said Kangmin. "True," said Jihun. "I dunno, I was under the impression that everyone hated Taeseon, well, except for Hayoung," said Jisung.

"So who's left next door?" Asked Kangmin. "Just Hohyeon," said Changkhyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Everyone left after Taeseon got booted from the vampire hunting association, they all got put into different teams," he said. "Only Hohyeon was able to stay since he was finishing school but it won't be long until he goes to France to join Chan and his pack since Jeongin's going to be joining them after school ends," he said.

"So he's going to sell it?" Asked Kangmin. "No, we're moving in," said Changkhyun. "No way," said Jisung. "What changed?" He asked. "Well, we do need the bigger house," said Changkhyun. "And that way everyone will have their own room," he said. "So, Cory Jisung and Sunggyu in one, Youngjae and Jooheon in another, Doyoung and Hobi in another, Jungwoo and Hyunjin get a room, and then you, Jungkook and Jeno in the last room?" Asked Kangmin. "Yeah," said Changkhyun. "Plus we can make this a guest house," he said. "Ah, nice," said Kihyun. "Everyone will actually have a room," he said.

"Aw," said Kangmin. "I'll miss my room," he said. "You'll get to see it one last time," said Changkhyun. "True," said Kangmin. "I've had some good memories in that room, and bad but I'll miss the old house," he said. "I will too to be fair," said Jihun. "Yeah," said Jisung. "We'll be so busy with missions," he said.

"So," said Kangmin. "Where is everyone?" He asked. "Jeno and Jungwoo went to visit Jaemin, the vampire hunters are busy with missions, Youngjae and Jooheon went west, and Jungkook went to South Korea to see Jin's home town," said Changkhyun. "Ah, I see," said Kangmin.

 

~



A few days later Kangmin, Jihun, Jisung and Kihyun headed over to the University of Denver just in time to see Hohyeon before the ceremony started. "Kangmin! Hyungs!" Said Hohyeon as he ran over. "Hey," said Kangmin as he grinned. "Where's Jeongin?" He asked. "He's already in the auditorium," said Hohyeon. "But I warn you to be careful," he said. "Taeseon came over," he said. "I see," said Kangmin. "Let's hope it doesn't get to a big confrontation," he said. "Yeah," said Hohyeon.

"No worries," came a voice, causing everyone to turn to see Mashiho standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Taeseon isn't gonna be bothering you," he said. "I was the one to take him here and I can take him out if he gets out of hand," he said. "Thanks Mashiho," said Kangmin. "I'd really hate to deal with him," said Jihun as he scratched the back of his head. "Don't worry, I got this," said Mashiho as he nodded. "Should go then, we'll see you there," said Kangmin as he turned to Hohyeon. "Yeah, I'll see you there," said Hohyeon before he headed off. Kangmin and the others went to the auditorium to find their seats, spotting a disheveled Taeseon sitting nearby.

"Hello Taeseon," said Kangmin. Taeseon looked up to spy Kangmin standing next to him. "Hey," he said before looking ahead. Mashiho moved to sit beside Taeseon while the others piled in next to him. The ceremony soon started and everyone waited until Hohyeon and Jeongin got called to the stage to get their diplomas.

When a familiar name to Kangmin got called he cheered for them, seeing that some of his old classmates did end up graduating with Hohyeon and Jeongin. The others just chuckled at Kangmin's antics, but they knew that he missed it, being in university. Now Kangmin didn't have time. When Hohyeon got called and then Jeongin got called everyone stood and cheered, causing everyone else to look at the both of them like they were insane.

After the ceremony Kangmin ran to Hohyeon with the others not too far behind. "Congrats!" Said Kangmin as he tackled Hohyeon, bringing Jeongin into the hug. "Hey, thanks," said Hohyeon as he chuckled. "We did it eh?" Asked Jeongin as he grinned. "Heading to France after this?" Asked Kangmin. "Yeah," said Jeongin.

"Congrats you two," said Mashiho. "Hello Mashiho," said Hohyeon as he turned to Mashiho. "Hello Taeseon," he said when he noticed Taeseon. "Hello," said Taeseon. "Congrats," he said. "Thanks," said Hohyeon. "Well, we need to get going," said Mashiho. "I'll see you around then," he said. "See you around Mashiho," said Kangmin. Everyone parted ways after that, with Kangmin's group going back to the pack house and Hohyeon and Jeongin going to finish packing their things.

When Kangmin got back to the house Kino, Shinwon, Changgu, Chan and Jinwoo were waiting for them. "Hey guys," said Kangmin as he spotted them. "Hey," said Chan. "Never got a chance until now to come say congrats," he said. "I would've come by earlier but bad days and such," said Kino as he scratched the back of his head.

"Congrats on the new faction," said Jinwoo. "Moonbin sends his regards for not coming in person but," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Chanwoo's out and everyone's busy at the coffee shop," he said. "No problem, we'll come visit soon," said Kangmin.

"You should've seen the look on their faces when it happened," Chan said with a snicker. "I did wish I was there," said Kino as he chuckled some. "No worries though, the look of utter shock was enough to satisfy me when Jinho declared Chicago off limits to them," he said.

When Hohyeon and Jeongin got back everyone celebrated, having fun even though it was only Changkhyun at the house for now. He'd move when everyone got back to the house, and Hohyeon was fine with that. After a while though, Kangmin found himself going to the lake for one last time with Kino, Changgu and Chan.

"I'm going to miss being here," said Kangmin as he stood at the lake shore after paying his respects to the small graveyard. "I can see why," said Kino. Changgu sat at Kino's side, looking at the water while Chan stood beside Kangmin. "Here's to new beginnings then?" Asked Kangmin as he bent down to pick up a rock. Kino and Chan did the same. "Yeah, to new beginnings," said Chan. "Yep," said Kino. With that promise made the three of them skipped the rocks across the water.