Chapter 16

A Hunter's Secret

Kangmin was enjoying life in Detroit again, taking missions in the city to help him pay for food. Taehyun had eventually come around and said that Kangmin was able to stay as long as he wanted, as the deal that was with him since before he moved was back. As long as he had work, he was allowed to stay for free in the apartment building. That now included his phone bill and internet.

As Kangmin finished another mission he got a text from Taehyun. Jihun was coming over along with Jisung and Kihyun and he was needed back at the apartment to see them. "Really now?" Asked Kangmin as he looked at his phone. "Alright," he said, sending a response to Taehyun. No one was aware of his new number, so any text messages went straight to Taehyun. He had one more vampire to hunt for the day then he was ready to head back. After emailing a picture of the item and throwing it into the bag of stuff he saved for sending to Boston Kangmin left the building to get his other vampire.

After getting that done, and nearly getting killed in the process, he headed home after emailing a picture of the second item and bandaging up his side where he had been wounded. Junhyuk would check his wounds to make sure nothing serious was going to happen he was sure, so he texted Taehyun asking to see if Junhyuk could see him.

Junhyuk was waiting for Kangmin outside the apartment building with his arms crossed. "Well," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head after getting out of the jeep. "What can I say, it's dangerous," he said. "Sure sure," said Junhyuk. "Come on," he said. "I'll take a look at you," he said. "Can you ask Hojung to see if he can take this to the post office to mail to Boston?" Asked Kangmin as he held out a box. Junhyuk nodded, motioning to follow him inside after taking the box. Kangmin headed inside the apartment building, going straight to his apartment.

Junhyuk entered the apartment a few minutes later with a first aid kit and went to check Kangmin's wound in his side. "Did you get a message from Taehyun?" Asked Junhyuk as he cleaned and put a new bandage on Kangmin's wound. "Yes," said Kangmin as he hissed at the alcohol being applied to his wound. "When are they gonna be here?" He asked. "In a couple days," said Junhyuk. "They need to get away from Taeseon first," he said. Kangmin nodded.

"You'll be fine," said Junhyuk as he moved away. "Just don't do anything too strenuous for the next few days, assuming your healing rate is back to werewolf healing speeds anyway," he said. Kangmin nodded. "You noticed then?" He asked. "What? That you now smell like a werewolf? Everyone has," said Junhyuk. "We're just being nice about it, trust me," he said. "Yoonsan still isn't used to your presence, being used to Hojung killing your kind for a living anyway," he said. Kangmin hummed in response.

"Also," said Junhyuk. "Where'd the large scar on your back come from?" He asked. "That looks nasty as hell," he said. "It was the reason I was turned," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "It doesn't hurt anymore if that's what you're wondering," he said. "I might tell you one day, but I'm not ready for that yet," he said. Junhyuk hummed. "Alright, let Taehyun know if you need anything," he said. Kangmin nodded and Junhyuk left.

 

~



A couple days later Kangmin was in the livingroom watching a movie when there was a knock on the door. He got up and went to open it, grinning when he saw who it was. "Hey hyungs," he said, moving to let Jihun, Jisung and Kihyun into the apartment.

"I knew it," said Jisung as he turned to Kangmin after Kangmin closed the door. "How are you doing?" He asked, hugging Kangmin. "I'm alright," said Kangmin as he hugged Jisung back. "A lot better than before at least," he said, moving away. "That's good," said Jisung.

"What brings you three over?" Asked Kangmin. "Well, we don't have a way of contacting you since Taeseon deactivated your phone but," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "Luckily someone knew how to contact Taehyun," he said. "I just drove them here," said Kihyun as he shrugged. "And I tagged along to get away from that environment," said Jihun. Kangmin nodded and went to sit down with the others.

"So what's happened since I've been gone?" Asked Kangmin. "The rampage," said Jihun. "Taeseon's pissed that they lost Detroit and Chicago, they were the highest paying cities," he said. Kangmin snorts. "Karma," he said. "Exactly," said Jisung. "Jinho himself came over to the pack house and stated that he needed to talk to Taeseon, with Doyoung and Hoseok present of course," he said. "He then walked over and declared Chicago off limits to the team, and Doyoung and Hoseok backed him up," he said.

"Just to put an even bigger wound in his pride Jinho called Taehyun and Taehyun declared Detroit off limits to the team," said Kihyun. "Well, except a select few to which he refused to name," he added. "Just to keep us out of danger," he said. "The hilarious part? The both of them were in their rights to do so," said Jihun.

"So," said Jisung. "What's your plans?" He asked. "I plan on confronting them for the last time," said Kangmin as he looked at Jisung. "And I have help in doing so," he said. "You know it's serious when the owner of the vampire hunting association gets involved," he said. "Ah, Mashiho," said Jihun as he hummed. "He did stop by to tell Taeseon and I quote "screw off, your team ," he said with a snicker.

"You officially left the faction huh?" Asked Kangmin. "Had to, Hohyeon joined Chan's faction and Jisung, Kihyun and I left after Mashiho said it was okay for us to leave the faction," said Jihun. "What are you going to do?" He asked. "Make my own," said Kangmin. "And follow Mashiho's example," he said. "He said that if I were to, to just tell everyone that Mashiho approved of it," he said.

"Well, let's see if we can get everyone together then," said Kangmin as he went to see who was available to chat, hooking up his laptop to the tv via hdmi cable and messaging Taeseon, Chanyeol, Moonbin, Joshua, Nickhun, Mashiho, Yedam, Kyuhyun, and as a bonus asked Hojung to come over. All they had to do now was wait on the response.