Chapter 6

A Hunter's Secret

Kangmin found himself alone in the house again as Hakmin and Siwoo were eventually called out on missions. He never really liked the feeling of solitude but he grinned and bared it since if he needed to he could just go next door and spend a few nights with the pack until that feeling of solitude went away. Besides, according to the group chat Kihyun and Jisung were almost home, and he couldn't wait to see them again. He did miss the person who took care of him since they were living in Detroit. He just wanted to prove to Jisung that he was all grown up now.

"Here again?" Asked Changkhyun as he opened the door to see Kangmin with his bag. "Yep," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "Jisung and Kihyun should be back tomorrow," he said. "Ah, that's why you came over," said Changkhyun as he let Kangmin in before closing the door behind him. "You're in Hyunjin and Youngjae's room tonight," he said. "Cory, Sunggyu and wolf Jisung are back but Hobi, Hyunjin and Doyoung are out," he said. "Okay," said Kangmin as he went to sit on the couch, putting his overnight bag beside him.

"Hey Kangmin," said Jungkook as he walked out of the kitchen. "Hello Jungkook," said Kangmin as he nodded. "I guess I won't be alone tonight then," said Jooheon as he walked out of the laundry room. "Did Youngjae get called out?" Asked Kangmin. "Nah, he went to visit the old pack," said Changkhyun. "He'll be back in a couple days," he said. "I see," said Kangmin.

"Going out to the lake tonight?" Asked Jungkook. "I might," said Kangmin. "Depending on the weather," he said. "It doesn't look like it'll rain tonight so I think you're good," said Jungkook. Kangmin nodded. Jooheon and Jungkook went back into the laundry room and kitchen respectively, going back to whatever they were doing. Kangmin was left to sit on the couch for a bit and watch tv.

After a couple hours wolf Jisung, Cory and Sunggyu returned with Jeno and Jungwoo in tow and wolf Jisung jumped on Kangmin, causing Kangmin to fall off the couch with a groan. "Well hey there," said Kangmin as he chuckled some. "Hey Kangmin," wolf Jisung said with a grin. "Jisung," said Cory. "Sorry!" Said wolf Jisung as he got off Kangmin and helped him up. "Hello Cory, Sunggyu," said Kangmin. "Hello Kangmin," said Cory. Sunggyu nodded in greeting. "I'm going to hunt, if you don't mind," he said, turning to Cory. "Go," said Cory. "We'll be alright here," he said.

"Just be careful," said Kangmin. "I may be the only hunter around but who knows who's lurking," he said. Sunggyu nodded. "Thanks, and I will," he said before leaving.

"Who's room are you in?" Asked wolf Jisung. "I'm in Jooheon's room tonight," said Kangmin. "Jisung should be back tomorrow so," he said. "He's moving into your place isn't he?" Asked Cory. "For the time being yeah," said Kangmin. "Taeseon already said it was okay to but Kihyun requested to spend one last night in his room," he said.

"Damn it," said Jungwoo as he plopped down on the loveseat. "That means I'm without a bed tomorrow," he whined. Jeno snickered. "There's always Hyunjin's bed," he said. "I don't like sleeping in bunk beds," mumbled Jungwoo. "Can get Hobi's bed then, I'm fine with sleeping in Jeongin or Hyunjin's bed," said Kangmin. Jungwoo hummed in response.

After dinner Kangmin headed out to the lake with wolf Jisung in tow, going to sit on the boulder and sit in silence until Sunggyu decided to come spend the night outside like he usually did.

"How's coming out to the team going?" Asked wolf Jisung as he looked at Kangmin. "Could be better," said Kangmin. "So far the only people who accepted are Jihun and Hohyeon," he said. "Well," said wolf Jisung. "You gotta expect those who don't agree with your ideas," he said. "I know," said Kangmin. "But it makes me scared of the other's reactions," he said. "You have to push through it," said wolf Jisung. "If you chicken out now someone would spill your secret," he said. "Eventually," he added. Kangmin hummed in response.

When Sunggyu came to join them Kangmin headed back to the house with wolf Jisung. Kangmin said goodnight to wolf Jisung as he entered Jooheon's room after grabbing his overnight bag. After he changed clothes Kangmin went to sleep in Doyoung's bed for the night.

 

~



When Jisung and Kihyun got back Kangmin was the first person to greet them, tackling Jisung. "Welcome back," Kangmin said with a grin. "It's good to be back," Jisung said, laughing some as he scratched the back of his head. "Welcome back guys," said Jungkook. "It really is good to be back," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "You wouldn't believe the amount of whining that Jisung here did on the home stretch coming home," he said with a snicker. "Oi!" Said Jisung as he slapped Kihyun on the shoulder. "I wasn't that bad," he said.

"Spending one last night in your room huh?" Asked Changkhyun as they sat in the livingroom. "Yep," said Kihyun. "That means Jungwoo can finally have the bed to himself for good," he said chuckling some. "He's been enjoying having so much bed space the passed four years," Jungkook said with a chuckle.

"How's things been?" Asked Jisung as he walked with Kangmin to the lake to hang out for a bit before dinner. "Been okay," said Kangmin. "I will never be you though, I hated the solitude," he said. Jisung chuckled. "I guess no one will beat me in that aspect," he said. "Hey, at least now you can go enjoy non-local missions," he said. "Mhm," said Kangmin as they reached the lake. Kangmin and Jisung went to pay their respects to the small graveyard before going to sit at the shore.

"What happened to you since I've been gone?" Asked Jisung. "I'm sure you've heard by now but I've been turned," said Kangmin as he turned his head to look at Jisung. "And apparently I was turned before you," he said, fighting back a grin. "Well darn, looks like I'm the youngest now," Jisung said, laughing some. "It would seem so," Kangmin said with a chuckle.

"But why did you leave university?" Asked Jisung as he turned to Kangmin. "I was too stressed," confessed Kangmin as he looked down. "I tried it, after I got back anyway," he said. "I wanted to see if I could continue down the route I have been but I'm still new at the werewolf thing," he said. "I might return to it after I have more control of my wolf but we'll see when that ends up happening," he said.

"You know," said Jisung. "It feels weird to be home now after 4 years of being on the road," he said. "I can imagine," said Kangmin. "After so long it's weird to see you finally back home again," he said. "Yeah," agreed Jisung as he stared out at the water.

Kihyun came over with food a couple hours later, going to sit beside Jisung. "Almost missed dinner you know," he said. "Oops," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "It's a good thing you brought over dinner then," Jisung said, shaking his head in amusement as he handed Kangmin a container of food. Kihyun hummed, nodding.

"You know," said Jisung. "I bet everyone's asked why you haven't found a mate yet," he said. Kangmin snorts. "I'm not really looking to be in a relationship you know that," he said. "Is there a reason?" Asked Jisung. "I don't feel the desire to be in one," said Kangmin as he looked down. Kihyun blinked.

"Damn it," said Kangmin. "I didn't even mean to say it like that," he said, sighing as he shook his head. "Oi," said Jisung. "You didn't think I knew?" He asked. Kangmin blinked, turning to look at Jisung. Jisung smiled softly. "I grew up with you kid," he said, reaching over and tousling Kangmin's hair. "I've been waiting on you to come to me and say it, for like ever," he said. "I honestly had no clue," Kangmin said, scratching the back of his head.

Kihyun chuckled some. "Jisung told me randomly one day while he was reminiscing about the team," he said, looking out at the water. "So you both knew this entire time?!" Asked Kangmin. "Well, yeah," said Jisung. "I should've told you before you left then, would've saved me 4 years of trying to come up with a way of telling you," said Kangmin. Jisung chuckled softly.

"Out of everyone I feared yours and Hohyeon's reactions the most," confessed Kangmin as he looked down. "But now that I know that you both support me I don't have to worry about it too much," he said. "Just don't tell everyone else okay?" He asked. "I already told Siwoo, Hakmin, Hohyeon and Jihun," he said. "I want to tell everyone else myself," he said. "Sure," said Kihyun. Jisung nodded in agreement. "We won't tell anyone else," he said.

"Should get back to the house then, I'm sure you want to talk to Chan and Kino," he said. "How did you?" Asked Kangmin. "Ran into the Asian team while we were in Vietnam," said Jisung. "They told us how you were always talking to Chan and the neighboring 'shifter pack," he said. "I kind of figured you'd be talking to them and asking for advice," he said. Kangmin nodded. "I'll see you back home then," he said. "See you," said Jisung and Kihyun. Kangmin got up, taking the containers with him as he ran back to the house.

Kangmin went to sit on Hyunjin's bunk, which was the top bunk in the only bunk bed in that room with his laptop. He essentially kicked Jooheon out after explaining that he needed to talk to Chan and Kino and Jungwoo was out running with Jeno. He immediately went to see if Chan and Kino were available as he set his laptop in his lap and plugged in some headphones.

Chan started the call this time, and Kino answered, lying down on his side facing the camera. "Oh, Kino!" Said Kangmin. "Hey there," said Kino. "I'm doing a little bit better, this is the first time I am actually here in like 2 weeks," he said. "Good to see you again," said Chan. "Good to be back in the world instead of being semi here like I have been," said Kino.

"So what happened while I was gone?" He asked. Kangmin explained who he had come out to up until Jisung, wanting to save that reaction for last. "I see," said Kino as he moved to sit up, sitting against the headboard.

"So who'd you come out to next?" Asked Chan. "Jisung and Kihyun," said Kangmin. "They finally got back from their trip," he said. "How'd that go?" Asked Chan. "Very unexpectedly," said Kangmin. "Let me guess, he knew the whole time?" Asked Kino. Kangmin nodded. Kino laughs. "What's funny is that Shinwon had said the same thing," he said. "It would've saved me four years of waiting before telling him," Kangmin said, sighing a bit.

"Well, 4 more people," said Chan. "Yep," said Kangmin as he leaned back, sighing a bit. "I'll let you two get some rest then, get better Kino," he said. "I'll try, I want to be there for Taeseon's reaction," said Kino. "I talked to Donghun and he said he was okay with me coming over, however I'd need to bring someone along," said Chan. "Bring Jinwoo," said Kangmin. "This involves hunters," he said. Chan nodded. "I'll be sure to ask to see if he can come along," he said.

After the call Jooheon and Jungwoo walked into the room, spotting Kangmin in good spirits. "How'd the conversation go?" Asked Jooheon. "Great," said Kangmin. "I'm glad Jisung accepted me," he said. "He seemed to be in higher spirits when Jeno and I walked back with them," said Jungwoo. "Let's get to bed then," said Jooheon. "Goodnight," said Jungwoo. "Goodnight," said Kangmin and Jooheon.