Chapter 4

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The cast got an hour break after spending hours in and out of the control and isolation room. The camera man and his crew uninstalled all of their equipment and took them out of the studio. They were allowed to go back earlier because the takings for the music video has finished.

Now all that’s left is recording backtracks consist of 3 songs for the next shooting, 1 group 1 song. But since it will be part of a competition, the cast will record all 3 songs, “If I told you all now whose song you’re going to get, then it wouldn’t be a surprise right?” the producer explained with a teasing smile

Yuqi who was with Yan Lin and Lucas the whole time on their break excuses herself when she got a call, “I'll be back in a sec”

Lucas watches her leave while Yan Lin watches Lucas watching Yuqi leave. Yan Lin eyes immediately looks down as soon as Lucas eyes came back looking straight at him. They had their silence seconds until Yan Lin ask, “Xuxi. you like Yuci didi?”

Lucas raises his brows got caught in a surprise with Yan Lin question, “No, ge. Of course not” he answers in a high pitch tone, '' I mean I like her but not in a romantic kind of way. If you know what I mean” he clears his throat

Yan Lin smirks sneakily, “ok. I’m just asking” he said, “because I like yuci didi” he pauses but before he can continue, Yuqi came back in the room, heading towards them

“So. What did I miss?” she says sitting back to her seat

“Yan lin ge here just said that he likes you” Lucas turns the table around. Now it’s him that had on the sneaky smirk

“Oh” Yuqi sounded surprise blinking her eyes not knowing how the two end up with such a weird conversation

Yan Lin sigh with a smile looking to Lucas who beat him in his own scheme, “true” his eyes then turns to Yuqi, “I like you like Li chen ge, Ya wen ge, Zheng kai ge, Baby jie jie and Xuxi didi here likes you”

“Aww. Thank you. I’m touched” she says making a cute facial expression

 

****

 

Approaching the last minute of their 1 hour break, the producer along with his music director and two engineer from the studio walks in and gives a cue that it’s time to go back to work.

The cast sit and gathers on the studio’s sectional sofa that’s big enough to accommodate all of them including the producer and assistant.

The two engineers went back to their station and finalize their preparation for the recording. they give a thumbs up to the music director signalling that they are ready for session 2 afterwards.

Session 2 began with Li chen first in line and Yuqi, last.

“And it’s wrap” exclaims the music director after spending another hour, “good job everybody” he clapped his hand appreciating the cast and staff patience working till this late at night.

 

****

 

Inside the shuttle van, the staff who replaced their managers for the day reminded the cast to recheck their belongings before leaving the building, “all clear?” she asked

“Clear” they all answered

Yan Lin who seated beside Yuqi before switch places with Lucas with an excuse he wanted lay down to sleep throughout the way back to the hotel.

Lucas who sat a bit far from Yuqi, took out his phone that he purposely turned off. Message after message came in once he turns it on. Most of it is from group chats and his label mates.

He decided to read them all tomorrow because he’s too exhausted to open them now. Sure he could just read it without having to reply right away but Lucas himself does not like it if somebody does that to him. Except for one..

How are you? You somehow cross my…

 

****

 

Lucas POV

I didn’t need to reconsider of blocking her user id and contact. Not one bit also I am curious to know why she suddenly contact me, “I know you’re not dating her, yet but she’s no good for you to have to wait” my manager said to me that day and he was right. I didn’t need proof from others, I saw the proof myself.

I don’t know how I let myself get too attached that time when I shouldn’t have. I’m glad I have the hyung’s that was patience enough to keep on slapping my face to go back to my senses, “she’s not worth it. Such a social climber” Ten hyung dislike her very much he wasn’t shy of expressing it, “pretty girls like her you all should avoid. Let Lucas here be the only example”

 

****

 

Lucas puts away his phone after blocking the contact and notices a reflection from the near window. It’s a reflection of Yuqi falling asleep and about to fall to her side any minute

In Lucas’s mind, he thought of two ways. Pretend to sleep and let her fall or be a gentleman like his mother had taught him to be.

He quietly scoots over closer just in time. Yuqi head gently falls on to his right shoulder. He then lays his head back, minutes later, he falls asleep as well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter