Romancing while in fear of Impending Doom

In Violation Of The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE:Chapter 7 has arrived and i can officially announce that it's the second last chapter. only one more to go. This chapter is mostly fluff and romance which i must say you guys deserve considering that we don't know how Mark will react to 2jae in the final chapter. fear not though, it's all happy endings from me.
enjoy this chapter<3

*******

“You don’t have to go, hyung.” Jinyoung pleads for the umpteenth time. He is lying on Jaebeom’s bed watching him slowly pack an overnight bag.

“Again, you and Jackson need some privacy.”

“What privacy? You have your own bedroom here.”

“Where I don’t want to stay cooped up all night listening to you guys enjoy your date….and other things.”

Jinyoung huffs, trying to downplay his furious blush. “Jackson and I are going out.”

“Eventually you’ll come back here and that’s definitely not a time I want to be here.”

Jinyoung’s lips thin at Jaebeom’s insinuation and then he grins knowingly. “You just want to go to Youngjae’s place and spend time with him. Are you going to finally make a move tonight?” Jinyoung wiggles his eyebrows at a n already flustered Jaebeom.

“It’s nothing like that. I’m going to strictly sleep over and come back here tomorrow.”

Jinyoung’s eyes narrow suspiciously and disbelievingly, “Right. Well, be careful. Youngjae isn’t as innocent as he seems. That time you guys invited me to a see a movie with you, I noticed the way he undresses you with his eyes.”

Jinyoung was also rather pleased with how happy Jaebeom and Youngjae were together. he wishes they didn’t have such impending doom hanging over their sweet romance.

Jaebeom picks up a pillow and throws it at his laughing friend who just manages to catch it before it hits his face. “I know he’s not innocent. We’ve been officially dating for a few weeks now and we haven’t gone all the way yet, but we’ve done stuff.”

Jinyoung grins. “Sounds like you two have built up some there. Are you sure going to Youngjae’s house for the weekend is a good idea? I think you should carry condoms at least.”

Jaebeom considers that for a moment. “What if nothing happens but Youngjae sees the condoms anyway? Won’t that make me seem desperate?”

“You are desperate.”

Jaebeom laughs and shrugs. “That’s true.” He grimaces regrettably. “Why the hell did I suggest we take things slow?!”

“Because you’re a sap. There is nothing wrong with waiting. All I’m saying is that you better be ready for anything. I also noticed how you two couldn’t keep your hands off each other.”

Jaebeom shoots Jinyoung a huge suggestive smile. “I assume you and Jackson will be doing some reacquainting of your own here?”

Much like Jaebeom did a few moments ago, Jinyoung picks up the same pillow and throws it at Jaebeom. “Stop embarrassing me.”

******

Jackson arrives at Jinyoung’s apartment just after 6pm and Jinyoung greets him at the door with a long, deep, hungry kiss.

“Hi.” Jinyoung whispers, gently nudging their noses together. His arms are still wrapped around Jackson’s neck while Jackson’s are firmly wrapped around Jinyoung’s waist.

“Hey.” Jackson whispers back.

They are about to kiss again when Jaebeom harrumphs to cut them off. Jinyoung rolls his eyes with a long suffering sigh and steps out of Jackson’s arms.

“This is exactly why I’m leaving the place for you two tonight.” Jaebeom says.

“No. it’s because you have a naughty cub waiting for you somewhere.” Jinyoung grumbles.

“A cub?” Jackson asks, puzzled and curious.

Jackie.” Jaebeom mock exclaims and invitingly opens his arms wide to distract Jackson from making enquiries about the cub in question.

“Bummie hyung.” Jackson yells back and runs to give Jaebeom a big hug.  

“How are you doing, man?” Jackson asks once they’ve pulled back from each other.

“I’m doing great.”

“You look great. It’s really good to see you.”

“You too. I’ve missed you.” Jaebeom hugs Jackson again, but only briefly this time. He steps back and clamps a hand on Jackson’s shoulder. “Hey, congratulations on the success of your new album. I listened too. It’s really good.”

“Thanks, bro.”

“Well then I’ll leave you two alone.” Jaebeom goes to get his bag from the couch

“Where are you going?” a shocked Jackson asks. “Aren’t we going to catch up?”

“I think the two of you have a lot to catch up on first and foremost. I don’t want to be in the way.” Jaebeom winks at Jackson. “We can catch up later since you are staying for a week this time.”

**********

Jackson slides his arms around Jinyoung’s waist and pulls him closer, inviting Jinyoung to put his own arms around Jackson’s neck. “Did I mention that you look good?” Jackson whispers against Jinyoung’s lips, just shy of kissing him.

“No you didn’t, and thank you.” Jinyoung closes the inch between their lips and Jackson’s lower lip into his mouth, kissing him slow and deep. “So, where are we going tonight?” he breathes when he pulls back.

“Nowhere. We are staying in.”

“The hell? Then why did you let me fix my hair up and stuff?”

Jackson grins, giving Jinyoung such a once over. “Because you look good like this.”

Jinyoung lowers his gaze for a few beats to hide his smile. Looking back up, “so what are we doing here?” he asks.

Jackson reaches for Jinyoung’s hand and tugs him to the couch to sit down. “We order pizza and watch passions.”

“Excuse me? I couldn’t have heard you right. Did you just say passions?”

“Yep. The series. I downloaded the whole thing.”

Jinyoung wants to die, right after smacking Jackson’s stupid grin off his face. “Wow, I can’t believe Jaebeom hyung left the place for us to enjoy passions.”

“Don’t get grouchy. This will be fun.” Jackson’s arm slides around Jinyoung’s shoulders to pull him closer until he drops his head on Jackson’s shoulder and nestles against Jackson’s side.

*******

Jinyoung can barely chew his food because he is laughing so hard. Next to him Jackson is no better. The small coffee table in front of them has two pizza boxes on it and an assortment of drinks.

They are on season 1, episode 15 of passions and each episode keeps getting more and more ridiculous. Jinyoung can’t believe how much fun he is having watching the mess with Jackson.

“At first I thought Luis is just a bad actor, but now I have no idea what he is doing.”

“Forget that. Why is Theresa freely roaming the streets when she is clearly a psychotic stalker?” 

“It’s romantic.” Jinyoung sing-songs. “She is in love.”

“And who the hell thought we would believe Miguel is a teen? This actor looks at least 29.”

The commentary goes on from there back and forth, accompanied by more laughter. At episode 13, they deice to stop before someone chokes on their drink.

To Jackson this feels a lot like the old days in University when they first started dating, before all the responsibilities, serious conversations, the stupid misunderstandings and the problems. This is the place Jackson has been hoping they get back to despite how much they’ve been through. There is no word to describe the joy he is feeling right now because this moment is the closest to the happiness the once had. It really feels like they are staring over and Jackson is determined to win Jinyoung’s heart all over again.

***********

Youngjae greets Jaebeom at the door with a kiss and a hug. Youngjae relishes in how good it feels to want to kiss Jaebeom and be allowed to do it.

Now that apartment is not candlelit and there are no rose petals spread around, Jaebeom gets a good look at Youngjae’s charming place. It’s bigger than the place he’s sharing with Jinyoung and there is way more sophisticated décor here with a white and black colour palette that’s mixed with splashes of bold sea greens and royal blues here and there. Jaebeom likes how airy and clean it is. He finds the atmosphere refreshing.

After Youngjae has put Jaebeom’s bag away, e invites Jaebeom to settle in and get comfortable. They order a pizza, friend chicken and beer for dinner. They eat that over a string of really bad 90s action films that they spend more time criticising than enjoying. Jaebeom is both surprised and delighted that people still own DVDs in 2020 and that they own terrible action films. Youngjae is definitely one of a kind person.

Every time they spend time together Youngjae amazes Jaebeom is the most unusual but fun ways. 

Eventually they give up on the movies and Youngjae suggests they play video games, a thing Jaebeom doesn’t do. He still goes for it because he is curious.

So, Youngjae tries to teach Jaebeom, but it doesn’t take. At all.

Jaebeom is so embarrassed that he can barely look at Youngjae, but Youngjae rather likes seeing Jaebeom’s red cheeks.

“I’m so bad at this.”

“Oh don’t worry. I’ve seen worse.” Youngjae soothes, shamelessly lying through his teeth. Actually Jaebeom is the worst Youngjae has seen, but of course he isn’t about to say that to his future husband.  Youngjae leans towards Jaebeom and gives his lips a soft kiss. “You’re still cute.”

*********

There are pizza boxes, beer cans and takeout boxes around them but they refuse to clean up and instead lose themselves in kissing on the couch while their game of league of legends has been on pause for the past 20 minutes or so. Youngjae is straddling Jaebeom’s lap and they are grinding against each other through their jeans until it becomes unbearable and Jaebeom puts his hands on Youngjae’s hips, silently asking him to stop before they both combust. He’s getting way too riled up and so is Youngjae.

“We better stop now if you still expect us to go slow.” Jaebeom whispers against Youngjae’s mouth. “If we continue this again tonight, I don’t think I’ll be able to end at just that.”

“You’re right.” Youngjae whispers shakily, the quick rise and fall of his chest making it obvious how much he is burning for Jaebeom’s touch. With much reluctance, he climbs off Jaebeom’s lap anyway and tries not to excuse himself to the bathroom to relieve some pressure on his own.

“It’s late. We should probably go to bed.” Jaebeom haphazardly announces, because he is one kiss away from tossing Youngjae’s resolve out the window and having his way with him.

“Right. Yes. That’s….we should sleep.”

**********

 

It’s 11 minutes past 1am and Jaebeom still can’t sleep because he is still so damn and desperate. How can he not be with a hot boyfriend sleeping right next door to him? Yes Youngjae is having Jaebeom sleep in the guest room- an idea which Jaebeom both loves and hates right now for obvious reasons.

Finally giving up the tossing and turning, Jaebeom reaches out to switch the bedside lamp on. He wonders if Youngjae is sleeping. How unfair it would be if Youngjae were sleeping comfortably right now while Jaebeom can’t stop thinking about how good it felt when Youngjae rubbed him off through his jeans on the couch only a few moments ago; how good Youngjae’s bulge had felt against Jaebeom’s own palm.

Oh Gosh! Now he’s hard again.

Unable to take another moment of this agony, Jaebeom reaches for his phone and dials Youngjae’s number. If Youngjae is still awake maybe they can talk for a little while so that Jaebeom can get his mind off . Or maybe they’ll have phone , which is far much better right now. 

Youngjae doesn’t sound sleepy at all when he answers Jaebeom’s call. “Is something wrong, hyung?”

Jaebeom can hear a tinge of actual worry in Youngjae’s voice and now he just feels apologetic because as a host, Youngjae must be thinking Jaebeom is uncomfortable or something.

“Everything is okay.” Jaebeom reassures.

“Oh. Good. Then why are you calling me on the phone when you literally right next door?”

I can’t sleep and I’m thinking about you, Jaebeom is thinking but doesn’t entirely say. “Sleep is hard to come by. Am I disturbing you?”

“No. is there a reason why you can’t sleep?”

“I think you know the answer to that question.”

Youngjae falls silent and squeezes his eyes shut in agony. Yes he definitely knows why Jaebeom can’t sleep. It’s because of a problem Youngjae has too. If Youngjae gets any harder in his sweat pants, the situation might become a medical emergency. “It’s too soon.” Youngjae murmurs and then realises he’s trying to convince himself more than he is Jaebeom.

“We’ve known and liked each other for forever though.” Jaebeom argues, not ready to give up without trying convincing Youngjae otherwise.

“But we just really started dating officially.”

“We’ve been out together a lot since we reconnected 2 months ago. They weren’t dates, but we got to know each other, right?”

“Right.”

“And we trust each other.”

“Yes.”

“And I’m in love with you.” 

Youngjae’s heart melts and so does his resolve. “Come to my room, now.”

Grinning victoriously, Jaebeom scrambles out of bed and makes his way to Youngjae’s.

Youngjae’s heart is almost pounding out of his chest by the time he gentle knock on his bedroom door. He takes a deep breath and makes the few strides to the door. He opens it and his boyfriend is standing there all y and very eager. The desire in his eyes alone is making Youngjae’s insides stir in the most delicious way possible.

“Do you really love me?” Youngjae asks

“Yes I do, and that’s not my talking.”

Youngjae laughs and extends his hand invitingly. Jaebeom takes it right away and lets Youngjae tug him inside the bedroom. Once the door closes, they both know that from this point on there is no going back whatever the consequences of their falling in love with each other are.  

Youngjae steps forward, slides his hand out of Jaebeom’s and loops his arms around his neck and presses their bodies together. “I’m in love with you too.” He gently slides his nose against Jaebeom’s, their foreheads pressed together.

“Then make love to me.”

“Yes, hyung.”

**********

The smell of delicious baked food hits Youngjae the moment he steps out of his bedroom after freshening up a bit. He follows that smell all the way to the kitchen where he finds Jaebeom hunched over the kitchen counter, working hard at something.

“Good morning, hyung.” Youngjae announces his arrival as he walks up to Jaebeom.

Jaebeom turns around, startled. his face is flushed probably from the heat in the open oven, and his long bangs are pushed back from his forehead and held in place by an elastic hair band Youngjae is certain belongs to him. The entire sight is absolutely adorable. Yonugjae stands beside Jaebeom and takes a closer look at what’s going on. Turns out Jaebeom is taking freshly baked muffins out of the oven. Youngjae’s jaw drops, “I thought you said you can’t cook.”

Jaebeom gives Youngjae a lopsided grin, “good morning to you too, and baking is not cooking.”

Jaebeom’s greeting goes right over Youngjae’s head because the muffins have completely piqued Youngjae’s interest. “Where did you get the ingredients?”

“I went shopping for them.”

“Just this morning?”

“Yeah.” Jaebeom lifts his head to meet Youngjae’s gaze. “I wanted to make breakfast for you.”

Youngjae’s chest fills up with warms. “Thanks.” He comes up behind Jaebeom and wraps his arms around his waist, pressing up against him and resting his chin on Jaebeom’s broad shoulder. Youngjae buries his nose in Jaebeom’s neck and kisses him there. “You smell like cookie dough. I want to eat you up.”

Jaebeom cranes his neck to give Youngjae a look, a don’t-say-tempting-stuff-like-that kind of look. Youngjae smirks, totally unapologetic for his flirting. After all his body is still sore in all the right place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter