Chapter 19: Extra Edition

The Little Prince

(Busan)

Jaeduck heard the ringing of the doorbell at midnight. He looked at the clock. It was at 1 am on January 2. When he came out from his room, he saw Tony standing in the porch. “Hyung, did you order a late night supper? "

"No!" Tony answered. The doorbell rang again several times while they were discussing, and it seemed that the people outside the door was very impatient.

Jaeduck saw Jaijin‘s face from the door hole: "How did he know I live here?" When he opened the door, Jiwon was also there. “Oh no wonder."

When they were sitting in the living room (Tony didn't, he was in the kitchen tinkering with some food mixed with convenience store products...to receipt the  guests), Jaeduck asked: “Do you want to buy another new car? You don’t have to come to my house to ring the doorbell in the middle of the night!"

Jaijin took out the document downloaded from the website and showed it to Jaeduck. Jiwon explained: "He wants to register in his hometown, and he wants to get the first place. Can you two be the witnesses?"

Jaeduck took the paper, he asked Tony to bring him a pen. He couldn’t help but laughed at the Prince and the Regent while signing: "You guys just can't wait."

That document was the civil partner registration form that made them wait and wait. A few days ago, Jiwon approved the act by stamp it with the imperial jade sealin the Royal Study. Although it was Congress that passed this law, and the regent prince was just a rubber stamp, but he felt super pride to be the head of the state that validated the gay marriage.

The new law was officially implemented in the new year after it was announced. Yesterday, the New Year's Day was a national holiday. Jiwon and Jaijin first held a New Year's flag-raising ceremony in the palace. Then the Regent gave a live New Year's Day speech to all citizens. Then all members of the royal family lined up behind the bullet-proof glass and waved their hands to hundreds of people gathered outside the palace gate.

Jiwon and Jaijin saw Sunghoon waving his hands to the fans expertly, and caused a burst of shutter sound from the first row of bird-watching camera girls. Jaijin took a step closer to Jiwon: "Hyung, let’s make a finger heart!"

Jiwon resisted the impulse to curse on the New Year’s Day, and performed an expression of how to grit his teeth and smile at the same time: "Behave yourself!"


"We should take the chance to do fan service." Jaijin refered to a group of people in the crowd holding rainbow flags and "Prince Regent (heart) Prince“ banners.

Jiwon smiled and asked, "Do you mean those fans?" He pointed to a group of male fans who held the banner: "Regent Prince, please marry me!" or "The eldest  princess, please permit!" When the boys yelled and jumped because they found that they had attracted the Regent's attention, Jiwon grabbed the hand of Jaijin and kissed the prince in front of them (including millions audiences in front of TV and internet.)...

So after the national banquet that night, the two of them flipped over the wall and went out of the palace (Jiwon: , the wall is really high!), Suwon secretly helped them. (the new YG staff member said Imperial Household Agency cannot fired me twice!), Suwon drove Jaijin’s car over from Princess Mansion to let Jajjin go straight to Busan. Jiwon did not forget to bring his Bluetooth speaker and played a pop song guessing game with Jajjin along the way, and then he found out the prince was good at it. 

So they visited Jaeduck in the middle of the night, after all, Jaeduck and Jaijin had known each other for a long long time, and it was reasonable to ask him as a witness, and since Jaeduck was living with Tony, they could collect two signatures at one time.


Jiwon took the piece of paper back, and his gazed between the two people on the opposite side: "Jaijin printed an extra form. Would you two like to...? Jaijin and I could be your witnesses ."

“Yah! We sleep in separate rooms!" Tony's face turned red. 

 

They came out of Toduck’s house and got a bunch of Tony-sponsored convenience store food. "It's freezing outside, don't catch a cold." Jaeduck reminded them. When they came to the nearby household administration office, there were already two tents. Jaijin took out the tent(which was prepared by Suwon) from the trunk of the car and started to assemble it. Jiwon complainted: “Oh, we came to Busan so hard and ended up with getting the third place, we should stay in Seoul."

"If we were in Seoul, we wound be caught now." Jaijin's worked so hard without raising his head, he set up the tent in a short while, and it was really useful for the experience of camping with the nephew.

At this time, the people in the other two tents came out to see who were the third one. Both couples were girls. Jaijin didn't enter the tent and chatted with the girls outside. The older couple came around at about 10 o'clock last night. They married in the Netherlands a few years ago and also got a child by intrauterine insemination in US: "I want to register in Korea as soon as possible, then I can become a legal mother of the child.” They also took out their mobile phones and showed the pictures of the child to Jaijin.

The first place were a younger couple. They came on the New Year's Eve: "We watched the live broadcast of the New Year's Eve with our mobile phones. We did not miss the scene that Your Royal Highness threw the microphone when you led everyone to countdown!” Jaijin was completely overwhelmed with embarrassment.

They cooked instant noodles in a small gas stove while chatting, and Jaijin took out the ham from Tony to share with everyone. Later, they took a nap in the tent for a while, and Jiwon woke up after six o'clock. It was still dark, and there were three or four other couples waiting outside. Jaijin couldn’t sleep anymore. He started sending the cookies that Tony gave him all the way down. Some people wanted to take a photo of him, but they got cold feet when they saw Jiwon’s unpleasant face. Jaijin was a little timid. "It doesn't matter, but could you please upload it to the internet after we finish the registration? Because we sneaked out, it would be very troublesome if you reveal that we are here."

Fortunately, these gay couples could quite understand that it was not easy for the Regent and the Prince to come to this step, so they just took some pictures with pleasure: "We will edit the images before we upload them."

At about seven o'clock, Jaijin packed up his tent. A dozen people stood in the cold wind waiting, didn’t even eat breakfast. At the moment, the girl ranked first began to sing, "Oh Love ~ Why did you come so late?" Other couples joined the chorus one after another, and they were singing and singing until the sun rose, until more and more gay partners came in line.

At about eight o'clock, the staff of the household affairs office came out to issue the number in advanced. When he saw the Regent and the Prince, he was frightened, and he invited Jiwon to go into the office, although the nationwide household administration system is not connected before nine o'clock, but staying in the building will make them less likely to catch a cold.

"No need, you can do what you should do! Don't give us privileges." The Regent Prince rejected it.

They waited until the office opened at nine o'clock, and then went inside to wait for the first two couples to complete the registration, because one of them went through the procedure of adopting the child at the same time, and it took more time to wait until their turn. The staff kindly served them: "Although it is sufficient to do the registration with the document, but it’s okay for you to have a kiss here, or exchange the rings.”

Jiwon replied, "Thank you. but we don't want to kiss in public for the time being." He still regretted for kissing Jaijin in front of the camera yesterday, now the gif of the kiss of the Regent and the Prince has speared over the internet.

"We don't have wedding rings, either," said Jaijin. “Like Jiwon hong would not be suspend if his did not wear his crown! Those are just material things."

A few minutes later, they got new ID cards with the other's name in the spouse column, Jaijin said that he knows where to have a good breakfast: "Let's go for a stroll around the town, then we’ll go back to Seoul, right?" Jaijin was a bit reluctant to return to the palace right away.

"It's been a long time since we came out. I guess they had found that we blew off work. We should contact them as soon as possible after breakfast!" Jiwon kept holding Jaijin’s hand on the way back to the car: "I'm sorry! We can’t go honeymoon immediately. The next few months will be very busy. I will be busy counting and dividing the royal property and the national property, and I have to take charge of the renovation of the residence of His Majesty, His Majesty the King Emeritus and Her Majesty the Queen Emerita. The timetables are all set, so we must make all-out effort!” 

"It's okay." When Jaijin said this, he squeezed Jiwon’s hand a little. "I know you work very hard, we could go honeymoon after we move back to Yeouido!" 

"Then where do you want to go?" Jiwon asked curiously. 

"I want to go to Jeju Island and go to the beach where we first met." 

"Well, no problem." 

"Then we’ll go to the cafe shop where we had our first cup of coffee together."

"Well, okay." 

"Can I stay where I stayed last time? The same room."

 "Oh, OK!" Jiwon thought that was a single room, but it’s okay if Jaijin want it. 

"May I paint you another picture?" 

"Well, no problem." 

"Deal! I'm going to draw your body." 

"Yah! Lee Jaijin!"