Chapter 8: I’m gay

The Little Prince

After Jaijin entered the room, he first paid respectful greetings to the elder and second princess couples and then to Sunghoon and Yunzhi. Then he lowered his head and walked to Jiwon. “I'm sorry.” “I’ve made the decision without consulting you first. Actually, it wasn't my decision, Her Royal Highness the Queen decided this.” He looked up at Jiwon: "Congratulations, now you're free, aren’t you happy?”
 
Jiwon stared at him fiercely: "Are you an idiot?" His heart was twitching and felt like he was ups and downs in between extreme happiness and extreme sorrow. He felt so happy that Jaijin will stay with him forever, and felt mournful for the fact that: “I will never be able to let go of Jaijin...and also the royal court.“
 
He couldn’t explain the complicated feelings to Jaijin under these circumstances, and he didn’t expect Jaijin could understand. So he could only help Jaijin to rehearse the speeches of the later press conference (written by the Imperial House Agency) Jiwon added some easy-spoken sentences to help him to smooth it out: "Remember, speak slowly, don't hurry, this is a live broadcast, let people understand what you are talking about."
 
"I don't think I'm ready." Jaijin's face was pale.
 
"I have prepared for 40 years, and I couldn't do it well either." Jiwon comforted him and helped him to smooth the wrinkles on his new suit. "Enjoy it, you can't subvert this country."
 
Then when Jiwon saw Jaijin walking out with his mobile phone on TV, he thought: “You idiot, you are too enjoying, aren't you?"
 
"Hello everyone, I'm Lee Jaijin." Jaijin said, and there were a dazzling flash again. He thought the volume might be too low, so he said again: "I'm Lee Jaijin.” Then he took out the lecture notes, the one that had been revised by Jiwon, and began to read. Once he started, he couldn't restrain himself from speaking faster and faster, so that when he finished reading all the reporters before him were confused, he had to repeat the last few sentences: "I'm willing to dedicate myself for the country.” and then added a sentence: "Until the people don't need me." And then there were flashes and more flashes.
 
Jiwon focused on the TV and felt that Jaijin was already in a daze. However, the next part was the most horrible. Jiwon hoped that the Imperial Household Agency had already set up questions with the all the journalists. In fact, they did that in advance, but unfortunately they underestimated...

The first question was very gentle, the reporter asked about “How is Your Highness' expectations for becoming a member of the royal family.” Jaijin also answered in a very gentle tone: "When I said I will do my best to serve until the people no longer need me..., actually I was not so confident that people will need me. Maybe when I live in the palace and dress like an ancient man and a part of the tax money becomes mine... and then everyone will feel that our country becomes better. But if you are a fan of an idol, at least you can choose your favorite idol, and you can buy his CDs and go to his concert, and you can also being so happy. It’s a little embarrassing that I'll be fed by the taxpayers. I’m much older than those idols.” He finished his sentences with a shy smile.

The whole group of reporters immediately pounced on like sharks smelling blood: "His Highness, are you originally a Republican?" "Do you agree with the abolition of monarchy?" "Do you want to return rights to...

"This country belongs to all the citizens. I have always believed that when I was a civilian, there is no issue of so-called returning rights to the people. But because of blood relation, I will become people’s...It’s not precise to call me a public servant, uh... a captive pet? Well, I admire His Majesty the King and His Royal Highness Prince, and I have an obligation to assist them in performing the royal duties, but I have no intention of inheriting the throne. If there will be an amendment of law to dissolute the royal family in the future, I will be optimistic... "

"Although you are happy to see the country moving towards republic, do you realize that since you are a lineal male descendant of Lee dynasty, your appearance is absolute the greatest news to the royalists?” One journalist pointed out the biggest issue in this press conference.

"Well, I know that I am one of the only two male heirs to the royal family named Lee in this country. As people have previously argued, the royal family could be over once the male descendent of the Lee family does not exist, so when I appear, it contributes to the continuation of Lee family, and the royalists should be very happy about that,but..."

"I want to make a statement here.” He leaned intently and looked at the camera, saying word by word: “I will be the last one, I’m gay. All of the six people I’ve dated in my life were all male. I cannot get marry until same- marriage becomes legal in the country. However, regardless of whether I get the right to marry a man in the future, I don’t intend to have a biological child with a female in any way. I have a nephew and a niece already, and I'm satisfied with that.”


When he finished this, the entire press conference was dead. It seemed that everyone's consciousness had been fly away. Fortunately, the head of the Imperial Household Agency took the lead in restoring his soberness. He steadily announced:  “His Royal Highness is now leaving.” Jaijin took out his cell phone from his pocket and made the final two clicks to the attendee, and then left.

Jiwon laughed so hardens showed teeth: ", he is really going to subvert this country."