A flower (SooShu)

(G)I-DLE oneshots

A/N: Inspired by Wonho's song Somebody because I really like the theme of it and thought it could fit SooShu well.

 

1 - shooting star

 

She spent her life alone. Soojin knew what it felt like to be alone, so much that she thought it was normal. She didn't have any friends, her parents abandoned her.

 

Even if she was raised in an orphanage, she didn't feel close to anyone, being that 5 years old introverted traumatized child.

 

Soojin grew up alone, forgetting what it felt like to cry.

 

People didn't create problems with her because she never hated them. 

 

She thought There are people that were meant to be alone, to understand how they were close.

 

Soojin didn't know how it felt to cry because she didn't cry since she gathered enough money to live by herself. If she was alone, what was the use of it? Why should she cry when there's no one to listen her?

 

And Seo Soojin lived every day of her life like that until she thought Will it always be like that?

 

She was 17, two years since she was living alone. And she suddenly needed a change. She moved from her meaningless depressing apartment to a colorful, joyful one. 

 

She studied hard, really hard. And then there was this day when she remembered the name of someone for the first time at 21 years old.

 

Shuhua. It was beautiful, simple, short. It was just like a shooting star.

 

But that girl was a whole star. That shone forever.

 

Soojin became a flower, with tears like petals, they were almost falling. But it wasn't fall, it was spring, she was blooming.

 

Soojin maybe had something she liked: drawing. She drew what she thought about.

 

But never people, because she hated it.

 

For some reason, she couldn't stop herself from adding a starry sky in every drawing. Between these countless stars, one shone brighter every time.

 

And she realized she needed happiness. Somebody.

 

Quickly, she began dreaming of her every night, and life wasn't life anymore.

 

2 - trust

 

"Hi." A girl sat in front of Soojin.

 

Not more people at this table. They don't have enough friends? Soojin thought.

 

"I don't know if you mind if I sit here. I know you're not talkative like everyone, I just wanna hear your voice."

 

Few seconds of silence.

 

"I need a friend, but people out there are too much."

 

Soojin realized the girl was talking to her. She still kept her eyes on her meal she was eating.

 

"I barely know what is a friend." Soojin muttered.

 

"Sorry?" She lifted up her head and saw her.

 

"Shuhua."

 

"Okay, that's good start! You know my name. You're Soojin, right?" 

 

Soojin shivered at her own name coming out of the girl's lips. She nodded.

 

"I'm Yeh Shuhua and moved here not a long time ago. I'm from Taiwan."

 

Soojin nodded again.

 

"Is it okay if I eat here?"

 

She nodded.

 

They ate without a word.

 

They ate there like that every lunch for a week until Shuhua asked something.

 

"I know you're introverted but it's awkward now. Do you want to go somewhere else to talk?"

 

Soojin looked in the eyes of the younger girl and slowly moved her head up and down.

 

When they finished eating, there was an hour left to their lunch break.

 

"Where can we go?" Shuhua asked but Soojin's answer didn't come out of . She took her hand instead.

 

They walked through the building until they were in the little park behind it.

 

There were little wooden structures that created personal space with a table and two chairs.

 

Soojin brought Shuhua there.

 

"There was a flower. But it hadn't bloomed yet. Spring would come after winter. Winter was so dark that the flower almost died. It survived wondering why. When spring came, the night came. But it wasn't dark because of a star. This star was so beautiful that it brought lots of stars in the sky. Spring passed like a shooting star, the flower bloomed."

 

Shuhua felt like another world opened in front of her eyes. Soojin's voice was so beautiful.

 

"Your voice is too beautiful to keep it here." 

 

The younger girl softly put her hand on Soojin's shoulder. It was the first time someone touched her for a very long time, and it felt so great that she got chills.

 

"You know, sometimes people think I'm really crazy." She looked the girl the eyes seriously.

 

"I thought so too." She chuckled still holding Soojin's shoulder.

 

"So you actually know why I'm like that?" Shuhua shook her head.

 

"I was beaten and traumatized my whole life. I was raised in the worst orphanage that could exist, never made any friends, never talked, I was never loved."

 

It felt like a slow melody accompanied the words coming from Soojin's lips, but it stopped at that last word as Shuhua stared at Soojin intensely.

 

"Did you miss someone in your life?"

 

"I never had anyone to miss." Soojin answered in a heavy breath that fitted her words. Shuhua cleared shyly.

 

"You will miss me once I disappear, but I will always come back when you need me." Once again, it felt like the melody of their dialogue had stopped. Soojin felt the blood flowing down her back.

 

She was almost terrified, but the feeling was unfamiliar. Shuhua's other hand went on the girl's other shoulder and she pressed the two tightly.

 

"You can trust me."

 

"If I trust you, will you trust me?"

 

"If I feel like you really do." Shuhua reversed the question.

 

She stood up to walk a minute in the garden and walked back to the structure. 

 

They told each other stories and secret.

 

3 - somebody

 

It was June already. The freezing breeze that caressed their young skin when Soojin and Shuhua met was now the heated sun they hid from under the structure.

 

"I always preferred night than day." The younger started again the talk with a short sentence because she knew it would grow later on to an interesting elaborated conversation.

 

Not waiting for her unnie to ask why, she answered the unspoken thoughts.

 

"You don't have the pressure of the perfect weather to smile, or the depressing gray sky to cry, it's just night."

 

"I used to hate night. I always felt lonely." Seeing the Korean girl didn't continue talking after that, Shuhua asked for details.

 

"And... now?"

 

"I love it more than day because you do." Soojin was trying to confess to the younger subtly.

 

"I d-don't understand."

 

"You know, I used to sing this song every night." She ignored Shuhua to confuse her even more. She stopped the playlist they were listening to and put a song she knew by heart.

 

She sang along to the lyrics:

 

I'm falling to pieces, wide awake, but I'm barely alive

Let go of the sadness and the burden that's holding me back

 

Now, I'm running out of time

Runnin' out, runnin' out, runnin' out of time

I pray to God, oh, every night

Take me back to where I belong

 

'Cause every night I'm alone in the dark

I need somebody, need somebody

Shut my eyes, run away from it all

I need somebody, need somebody

I need a shoulder to lean on

I need someone to hold

'Cause every night, I'm alone in the dark

I need somebody, somebody

 

I'm hearing nothing but silence

Everything around is dragging me down

Look myself in the mirror and I know

 

I know I'm running out of time

Runnin' out, runnin' out, runnin' out of time

I pray to God, oh, every night

Take me back to where I belong

 

'Cause every night I'm alone in the dark

I need somebody, need somebody

Shut my eyes, run away from it all

I need somebody, need somebody

I need a shoulder to lean on

I need someone to hold

'Cause every night I'm alone in the dark

I need somebody, somebody

 

I'm all alone in the world full of strangers

Blank faces staring, I'm patiently waiting

I need someone to hold on

Take me back to where I belong

 

'Cause every night I'm alone in the dark

I need somebody, need somebody (I need somebody, I need someone)

Shut my eyes, run away from it all

I need somebody, need somebody (I need somebody, I need somebody, yeah)

I need a shoulder to lean on

I need someone to hold

'Cause every night I'm alone in the dark (I need somebody)

I need somebody, somebody

 

I'm all alone in the world full of strangers

Blank faces staring, I'm patiently waiting

 

Shuhua understood through the song, but couldn't interrupt this beautiful singing voice so she waited until the end and grabbed Soojin's face to kiss her.

 

"Am I that somebody?"

 

"You're my shooting star"

 

"You're the bloomed flower"

 

A/n: I love this ship but idk why I just never read Sooshu fanfics, and I tried to make this one really good. If you have any idea for another Sooshu one shot, tell me!