Chapter 8

Seven Date nights

Love❤️
Thanks for dinner

Rosie
You're welcome jenbear 😙
Are you okay now?
Does your head still hurt?

Love❤️
A little but I'm fine
Jisoo unnie is already here
So Stop worrying 🙄

Rosie
That's great
I'd tell her to take care of my boo-boo bear

Love❤️
Ew
No need
I can take care of myself

Rosie
Still
I miss you already, princess🥺

Love❤️
?

Rosie
Can't wait to see you again tomorrow🥺

Love❤️
K

Rosie
And the next one🥺

Love❤️
K

Rosie
And the next one after that🥺

Love ❤️
......

Rosie
Nighty night
I love you

Jennie's heart started that weird thudding again, her head is empty but only the thoughts of Roseanne surrounded her whole system, maybe she should contemplate this feeling, she feels like she will combust soon, and her heart is so loud she can feel it moving fast.

Love❤️
Night, Roseanne

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jennie jerked up when the alarm and the thunder rumbled at the same time. It's still dawn, the sun is barely up even the rain clouds are just starting to surround the city, She held her heart which raised erratically when the strong rain in the early morning hours scared the out of her. She looked at the clock and it reads 7.30, meaning she needs to get her up and get ready for work.

It was when she was middle of devouring her milk, the doorbell blared at the front door. She took the glass finishing it along the way and met with the blonde who is grinning down at her unbothered about the rain, Roseanne was soaked, water dripping from her jacket and hair, but still standing at the front porch with a big smile.

"What are you doing here" Jennie grabbed her by the collar and pull her in, removing her jacket and escorting her inside.

"I'm here to take you to work" Roseanne smiled, Jennie made her sit at the coffee table, which Roseanne obliged since she doesn't wanna wet her couch.

"Where is Jisoo unnie?"

"Your sister is modeling for a photo shoot with her girlfriend, they have been at it since morning" Roseanne shouted for Jennie to hear because she went upstairs to get something.

"So annoying me today too" Jennie frowned at her, she has a pair of t-shirts and jeans and a towel.

"I'm just here to pick up my princess for wor- ahhhh" Jennie covered the towel in her head and started to dry her hair at a rough pace.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to" Roseanne's forehead hits Jennie's abdomen when the latter pulled to dry the back of her head.

"But I want to" Roseanne giggled when Jennie lightly pat her head in reprimand. "Princess, I know I'm your baby but I can dry my hair myself"

"Ah yeah, right"

Jennie stopped when the realization hits, she took a step back "Call me when you are dressed I'll be back" she ran to her bedroom before Roseanne can utter a word. Roseanne took the towel from her face to see no presence of the brunette.

Jennie shut herself when her head started pounding. She saw little white flashes before she shook them off, Her heart is feeling something magical yet something painful, something so hazy and shattering is being playing in her mind. A knock on the door brought her back before she put it all together.

She took a deep breath and looked at the door, It's just Roseanne, she has been with her as long as Jennie can remember. Roseanne never pursued anything against her will, whatever Jennie's feeling is totally on her. So she can't avoid her now.

"Shall we go" Roseanne looked at her, she is wearing Jennie's blue shirt, which basically became a crop top for her, and a pair of her own jeans. Jennie just nodded in response and moved past her. "Are you sick, buttercup?"

"My head hurts a little, but not that much"

"Well, I brought soup to ease your headache"

"Really? But I already-"

"Milk and cookies are not breakfasts" she replied throwing her hand on the brunette's shoulder and pulling her closer, to which Jennie didn't protest surprisingly.

Jennie pouted, sticking her tongue out at the blonde who pinched her cheeks in return.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Rosie
Baby
Munchkin
Jendeukie~😙
Buttercup?
Why are you not answering me?
Ahh Why~😭😭
PRINCESS

Love❤️
Jesus
What the hell, Roseanne
I'm working

Rosie
I'll be there in 5
I'm taking you for lunch
Aren't you hungry😋

Love❤️
?
It's raining

Rosie
And?

Love❤️
Moisty

Rosie
No?

Love❤️
Don't wanna

Rosie
But you love watching the rain in the car

Love❤️
Not with you

Rosie
Lies lies lies

Love❤️
Okay

Rosie
Jenbear🥺

Love❤️
What?
You're so annoying

Rosie
Lunch
?
Pls :((

Love❤️
K

Rosie
K? 😍

Love❤️
No

Rosie
Aw

Love❤️
Lol k

Rosie
Jenbear you're so🥺

Love❤️
Stop with the emoji Roseanne 🙄

Rosie
Okay🥺

Love❤️
Tsk

Rosie
Almost there

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Did you enjoy your food, princess? I bet you did. Saw your cheeks almost explode from all the dumplings yo—" Roseanne's teasing was cut off when Jennie nudged her on her stomach, making her laugh. "Jenbear..."

"Stop it, Roseanne. I swear." Jennie glared at her before walking inside Roseanne's car.

And the latter just kept on teasing her until she went inside as well and drove them off to the studio.

The ride was a little quiet, though there are times when Roseanne would pinch Jennie's cheeks and the tiny girl would growl at her. The rain had already stopped too, and Jennie felt a tad bit sad that it did—she does love watching the rain in the car as Roseanne has said, and it's a shame she didn't have the chance to experience it that long.

Sighing, Jennie leaned on the car window, enjoying the quiet music playing on the stereo. She doesn't know why but the moment Jennie heard the song play, there was just something inside of her that made her heart flutter. Like, the feeling of a sudden burst of happiness that in a moment, she felt like she was... in love? But at the same time, there's this unusual pain in her heart that she can't, in any way, explain what and why.

Am I dreaming?

The chorus was about to hit, and Jennie was ready to mouth the words when suddenly, the song was replaced with a much more solemn one, Carole  King if Jennie's not mistaken. She turned her head in the direction of the driver's seat, then to the stereo, then to Roseanne again, and saw her full attention on the road. Her face wasn't smiling, nor was she frowning, but you can see how her mood quickly changed from earlier. And so was Jennie, now glaring at the quiet girl.

"Why did you change it?"

"What?"

"The song."

Roseanne just shrugged.

Jennie rolled her eyes. Annoying. "I'm changing it back." she reached for the stereo, but before she even touched the buttons, Roseanne already blocked it with her hand, making her flinch.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jennie said angrily.

But no response from the blonde—her attention still on the road, with one hand on the steering wheel, and the other still blocking the stereo. Jennie was starting to get annoyed.

"Remove your hand, Roseanne." The blonde didn't respond to that either

"You don't want to?" after she said that, Jennie leaned closer to pull Roseanne's hand away from the stereo. She even attempted to bite her arm but Roseanne was quick to push her head away. "Roseanne!" Jennie almost yelled, trying her best to remove the blonde's hand, but she was too strong. And too big.

Damn these baby hands.

They were at it for almost a minute when Roseanne suddenly hit the brakes, stopping them from fighting.

"Quit it, Jennie." Roseanne blurted out in a serious tone, slightly shocking the brunette in her seat.

Jennie.

This is the first time she called me by my name.

Jennie looked at her and was met with utter disappointment when she saw her still looking straight ahead. Not even a single glance was thrown her way. Her hand was gripping tightly the steering wheel while the other was still on the stereo, pressing it so hard as if it'll almost crush into pieces. It almost scared Jennie too, the way Roseanne was acting right now. And... and... is that a tear in her eye?

"What the hell is your problem?" Jennie couldn't help but feel annoyed. Why is she even acting this way? And over a goddamn song?

Roseanne didn't utter a word, but then a few seconds later, she shook her head, subtly wiping the tear on her cheek. "Nothing, I... I-I'm sorry..." she mumbled, "It's... uhm..." then she tilted her head up to finally meet Jennie's eyes, only to feel more vulnerable upon seeing them look at her in concern. "God, what is wrong with me?" She tried laughing it off, but the more she resists, the more tears came rushing down her cheeks.

And Jennie actually felt her heart break into pieces, watching how Roseanne stops herself from breaking down herself.

"I'm being so damn emotional over a ing song," Roseanne added, masking her emotions with a laugh. "I'm sorry about that, Jen. I..." she groaned, "God, this is so embarrassing."

Jennie wanted to say nothing is embarrassing about showing vulnerability towards her, but no words came out of . She stayed still, and frozen in her seat, with nothing to do and nothing to say. Only listen to whatever Roseanne has to say, low-key hoping she doesn't say much, especially when it could only hurt her more. Or me.

"Guess, I'm still not over it, eh." Roseanne blurted out after a few minutes of painstaking silence, turning to look at the passenger seat with her face now free from tears. She laughed once again, leaving the brunette a bit confused by what she had just said. "That person." she shook her head, "I really thought I'm finally already over it, you know? That I've already accepted that nothing's ever coming back again. No one's ever coming back again. But why... just why am I still being such a ing crybaby every time I hear that ing song." she said, burying her face in her hands. "Just one song—one song... and it feels like I'm starting over again."

Jennie doesn't have any idea when it happened but she just felt tears rushing down her cheeks—fast and painful. Like her heart being squeezed out until there's no more soul or anything left in there.

What is wrong with me? Why am I the one being a crybaby now?

Jennie tried stopping herself from crying. She wiped the tears on her face as she leaned her head on the window.

Then there was silence. Again.

Not until Roseanne decided to break it with, "C-Can I hug you?" her voice was almost pleading.

Jennie slowly turned to look at her.
"Please?"

And without thinking twice, Jennie let herself be wrapped up in strong, lean arms, even pushing her body up to sit on Roseanne's lap. She let Roseanne bury her face on her chest as she wrapped her own arms around the blonde's neck, kissing the side of her head before burying her face in her hair. The hold on her waist tightens, and somehow, Jennie felt comfortable. It wasn't suffocating, but warm. Roseanne's arms felt right being all over her body, and she doesn't even question why.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Rosie
Hey, Sorry for canceling our date, princess

Love ❤️
It's okay
Do what you have to do first
You still have a lot of time to annoy me on dates anyways

Rosie
Hahaha You're right
Well, see you tomorrow then?
I already told jisoo unnie to take you home later

Love❤️
Yeah, see you tomorrow Rosie
Take care always

Rosie
Yeah you too:))
And oh
Before I forgot
Thanks for the hug, jenbear ❤️
You don't know how much that made me happy

Love❤
You're welcome :)
I know you needed it

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Roseanne
Where are you now?

Lalisa
In Jisoo's photo studio

Roseanne
Are you busy?
Is Jisoo with you?

Lalisa
She was with me earlier, she went to her office to check on other works and We are wrapping it up here.
Do you want to come?

Roseanne
Yeah
Is that okay?

Lalisa
It's totally fine

Roseanne
I'm on my way

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jennie sniffled and pouted, she cried again when her studio door slammed shut, Roseanne usually wait until Jennie was inside, she always hear Roseanne's Benz moving out from her driveway once she settled in her studio's couch, but when Roseanne drove past her before Jennie could reach her door, tear her heart apart.

Her third heartbreak of the day.

First was when Roseanne cried in front of her in the car, the happy, bubbly, enthusiastic, and annoying cute girl crying in front of her was the last piece of her composure, and that's why when Roseanne asked for a hug Jennie immediately climbed in, wrapping her slender and small hands around and comforting her without question.

Second, when Roseanne canceled her date, it almost became a routine to spend her evening with the blonde. Getting whatever she wants, and taking advantage of the date nights, but what she misses is the lack of affection she didn't get today. And it felt like a bar clutching her chest and squeezing her heart.

She cried also because of the frustration and anger of not getting a hang out of this feeling and no matter how much she tried she can't remember the time when these butterflies ever stopped in her.

3 more nights

Three more dates and the deal between Roseanne and Jennie is done, she must be happy about it, she can be free from the constant annoying of the matchstick, and can feel peace after a long time but she is not, now that she is sure that she likes Roseanne more than she usually does. It's sickening to see that the Hate turned to love.

Maybe she didn't hate her in the first place

Jennie stood up determined to ditch work for one day and go over Roseanne's, to just see if she is doing okay, probably it was a good idea cause it was already late and she didn't have a ride home so what was the harm? She has to walk to Roseanne's office and she doesn't care about that anyways

But before Jennie started gathering her things, there were small knocks on her door, Jennie was confused because whenever Roseanne comes, she either bangs the door or just barges in.

"Ready for the ride home, Lil sis" Jisoo smiled at her sister, and Jennie was never felt so disappointed seeing her big sister as she feels now, Jisoo frowned at seeing her sister with swollen cheeks and red eyes, Jennie complain about Roseanne always sticking to her like glue, now that Jisoo is here to save her from that. Jennie was convinced that the itching of that glue is way better.

Jisoo wrapped her arms around the brunette's waist and buries Jennie's head in her neck to comfort her without any question, Jennie finally breaks, at how obvious it feels right now, that she is in love with Roseanne. of course, she won't utter a single word until Roseanne talk about who is that person in her life from whom she yet to move on.

Worst day of her life