Chapter 9

Seven Date nights

"Good morning, Jenbear" Roseanne smiled, greeting her at the front door. Jennie rolled her eyes, grumpily pouted, and glared at Roseanne, and Roseanne almost melted at that sight.

"Are you ready to go to work?"

"Go away, I'm not going to work today" Jennie turned around to enter her house but a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"Why? What happened?"

"Nothing that concerns you, shoo" Jennie puckered her lips and waved her hands as if telling a puppy to move away from her.

"Are you sick!"

No response

"Baby, what's wrong?" Roseanne cupped her cheeks only to retrieve it back when she felt the brunette's whole body burn. Wordlessly she moved to the kitchen and started opening her cupboard looking for some to make breakfast.

What the

"Get out of my kitchen, Roseanne" Jennie yelled following her around the kitchen until she got a hold of the blonde's hand and pulled her but the blonde held the ground and didn't budge.

"No, I'm making you something for breakfast, you haven't eaten anything yet" she held her cheeks, but the latter shook it off  "You know you can't take medicine if your tummy is empty"

"You don't need to do this for me, I can handle myself" Jennie rolls her eyes, and the tugging in the blonde's forearm didn't stop. Until Roseanne locked her in between on the countertop.

"But I want to take care of my princess, will you let me?" Jennie blushed at the proximity, her heart pounding inside, Jennie's gaze dropped to her lips, for a second she wanted to lean in and close the gap in a breathless kiss, but soon shook it off and instead replaced it with the affection she missed yesterday, she wants to feel it, Sick or not, she wants to know how it feels to be taken care by Roseanne and that thought is so tempting yet annoying.

"Tsk" she looked away and that was enough for Roseanne.

"Thank you" she lifted the brunette which took the latter by surprise and placed her on the countertop "Now wait for me to finish here, then I'll be there to make you feel better"

"Gross" Jennie crossed her legs and arms and watched Roseanne move through her kitchen, opening the cupboards and jars and bringing out ingredients that Jennie never knew were there this whole time. Well, she doesn't open her cupboards instead of milk and cookies.

Jisooni must have filled it

Roseanne's back was turned toward her as she swayed and hummed a song to herself which Jennie barely knew. Suddenly her head pounded and shut her eyes and winced silently. The song Roseanne was humming ran through her head and when she opened her eyes she saw a girl in a white nightgown with long luscious blonde hair cascading down her spine. Jennie gulped when all she felt was how much she missed this sight. Everything around her was white and she was close to feeling like heaven until a screeching sound distracted her. Jennie came back to reality when Rosanne settled down beside her with a four-slice of toast and fruit jams.

"What happened?" Roseanne frowned at the dumbfounded expression on the brunette when she sat beside her.

"I just remembered something"

"Remember what?" Roseanne's eyes lit up with some hopefulness, which made Jennie confused. But she convinced herself that the blonde is just teasing her.

"Nothing that con-" Jennie was cut off before she finishes her snarky comment.

"Please, baby. Tell me" Roseanne intertwined her hands and looked up at her, she looks like she wants to cry, Jennie don't want to see that again so she found an excuse.

"I remember to replace my spare key so you won't enter without my permission in the studio"

"Aw" Roseanne looked down, biting her lips Jennie wants to punch herself for lying, what harm would the truth bring when Roseanne probably would have never cared about it at all. "Anyways how is your masterpiece?"

Jennie is glad that the topic was changed, she put aside her weird thought and the unknown familiarity and confusion on how she can miss something when she never knew it before, so she enthusiastically ranted all about her work and scraps while Roseanne feed her.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jennie
You better come and take this matchstick with you
She is acting like I am sick for days, while I'm not

Jisooni
YOU ARE SICK!?

Jennie
It's just a little fever nothing else, I can survive.

Jisooni
YOU HAVE A FEVER AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!?

Jennie
It's fine nothing serious

Jisooni
Does your head hurt?

Jennie
A little but I'm fine
Seriously it's just a fever

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jisoo unnie
ROSEANNE PARK

Roseanne
Yeah I'm taking care of her
She is fine

Jisoo unnie
Does her head hurt?

Roseanne
She is saying little, but I can see her wincing from pain from time to time
But I already gave her meds so I think that would help with the pain

Jisoo unnie
Alright
Keep me updated, okay?
I will come with Lisa in the evening
Make sure she is okay

Roseanne
I will

"You are making me nauseous."

"Do you want to throw up?"

Jennie glared in Roseanne's direction for a second before going back to staring at the ceiling.

2:35 pm

Jennie has been laying in her bed for almost four hours now after breakfast, while Roseanne sits there on the couch doing whatever it is she's doing to pass the time. After she cooked her breakfast and put a wet towel on Jennie's forehead, which the latter heavily opposed but ended up letting her do it anyway, Roseanne went and sat there quietly on the couch. She wasn't loud like she used to be,  telling stories and whatnot. Wasn't teasing nor making fun of her which Jennie would answer back in a loud yell. Instead, she was quiet, frowning even, while doing something on her phone.

Playing? Texting? Jennie doesn't know and doesn't care. Why would she?

Although, she does feel a bit bothered by how unusual Roseanne is acting right now. It's like she's with a different person in her room. A much calmer and quiet Roseanne. And would only answer if Jennie asks her or talks about what she's feeling; if her head's still hurting or if she's hungry again. And Jennie hates it. Or maybe she doesn't and was only used to the usual Roseanne. The loud one. The one who constantly showers her with affection even if she always rolls her eyes at her. The one with the charming smile, and annoyingly cute laugh. The one with a lot of stories. The Roseanne she lik—

Noooooooo!

Jennie buried the pillow in her face. DO NOT END THAT SENTENCE, RUBY JANE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! She keeps repeating to herself as if it's some kind of a mantra. She kicked her foot in the air then rolled left and right to her bed, unaware of the set of eyes looking at her in both concern and bafflement. She stopped and then slowly peek from behind the pillow, glaring as soon as she met Roseanne's dark brown eyes.

"What are you looking at?" Jennie hissed.

Roseanne didn't respond and just shrugged before putting her attention back on her phone. Jennie rolled her eyes as well.

This headache is really messing with my brain. Jennie thought. Then she fixed herself and lay properly on her bed. Speaking of headaches, my head really hurts so ing much. I know I told Jisoo unnie it's nothing, but damn, I think I'm dying with this stupid headache. Ugh. When will this stop?

"Are you alright? You seem restless."

"I'm fine," Jennie answered, not bothering to look at the blonde. "It's just... it's too quiet." You're too quiet.

"What do you want me to do?" I don't know, talk? Tell me stories. Whatever you usually do? Tsk.

"Play music or something. I can't take the silence, it's making my head hurt even more." Jennie said as she gently massaged her temple.

Roseanne placed her phone on the desk. "Okay," she stood up and fumbled through Jennie's collection of vinyl, looking for an album to play. She was scanning the covers one by one, and was about to pull one when Jennie suddenly spoke;

"I want the one with the eyes off you song."

"What?"

"Eyes off you."

Roseanne frowned. "I can't find it."

"It's there." Jennie stood up from the bed, then walked toward where Roseanne was. She looked for it in her collection and then smiled when she pulled it out. "Here," she added, putting the vinyl on Roseanne's hand before walking back onto the bed.

"Play it," she said when Roseanne didn't move.

The blonde looked at her for a second before putting the disk on the turntable and letting the song play.

"There, princess," she told her, yawning when she felt like she was getting sleepy.

She took three steps towards the bed then stopped to say, "Can I lie there beside you? The couch is hurting my back and I wanna take a nap"

"In your dreams. Go back there." Jennie pointed to the couch.

"Come on, your bed's too big for the both of us anyway. I bet you our bodies won't even touch even  the slightest."

"What's wrong with the couch?"

"I told you, it's hurting my back." Roseanne pouted, rubbing the back part of her body.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "You're so dramatic."

"Jenbear, please? I haven't had any sleep since last night. "

"And whose fault is that?"

Roseanne shrugged.

"What did you do last night anyway? Thought you went home straight after we ate lunch?"

"Yeah, well... I got tons of work."

"Work." Jennie, for the hundredth time, rolled her eyes.

Roseanne released another yawn. "Yeah. Work," she took small steps toward the bed but enough to keep her distance from the brunette. "Jenbear..."

Jennie groaned. "Fine."

Hearing that, Roseanne immediately slumped her body on the bed, grabbed one of Jennie's soft pillows, and hugged it in her arms.

"Stay on your side," Jennie warns her, as she puts a pillow between them for separation. Roseanne could only hum.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Jisoo beamed when she saw both Jennie and Roseanne cuddling on the bed, the pillow which was used as a wall was thrown away to the floor, Lisa took it and smiled at that couple cuddling closer to each other, that almost Jennie's face hid on the crook of Roseanne's neck.

Jisoo took a couple of photos as blackmail materials before Lisa slightly shook Roseanne to wake up. When she did, Jennie woke up too and she frowned when she felt warm and secure but also unusual sleeping in someone else arms, she soon discarded herself when a blush creep up on her cheeks.

"From 'she is annoying the crap out of me' to cuddling with her, I can't believe Roseanne charmed you so good" Jisoo ruffled her hair, and to that the latter shot a piercing dead glare towards her.

"Princess it's fine, I wouldn't mind you cuddling me while we sleep"

"As if"

"Yes, it is" Jisoo smirked leaning to reach eye level with her sister, Jennie mouthed something which Jisoo didn't quite get it.

"Huh?"

"I HATE YOU, Get outta here everyone"

"What about me, nini?" Lisa pouted, but Jennie didn't budge at it.

"You too, manoban get out"

When Everyone exited the room along with Roseanne who threw a flying kiss before slamming the door, Jennie felt as if it was on the fire. Her fever is completely gone, and she felt dizzy yet just after waking up. Jennie groaned how she loved cuddling with the blonde

Roseanne was so soft

After a few minutes, When Jennie didn't come down to dinner, Jisoo send Roseanne to pick her up.

"Come down, baby girl. Time for dinner, Your big sis brought your favorite takeouts" Roseanne peeked inside to see Jennie still lying on the bed.

"No, thanks"

"God, Your shyness is so cute, princess" Roseanne sat on the bed next to the brunette, tucked a strand behind her ear, and looked at her lovingly, Jennie wants to dive into her embrace again. "It's just me, your Hubby, who else you'll cuddle except me, hmm?"

And there she goes again the annoying charmer.

"I hate you" Jennie muffled her voice in the pillow, turning her back towards Roseanne.

"Love you too, Now get up" Despite Jennie's whine and protest Roseanne managed to carry her in bridal style and succeeded in bringing the brunette downstairs. As soon as Jennie's leg hit the floor she ran and hid behind Lisa in the dining.

"Save me from this matchstick and my sister, please" Jennie pouted and showed her puppy eyes to Lisa, Lisa giggled and teased the brunette.

"You just kicked me out of-"

"I'm sorry" Jennie her waist tight and looked up at her, pouting more.

"Woah, straight out of kindergarten" Lisa pinched her cheek and pushed her back a little.

"Lisa~" Jennie whined using her baby voice, which is used in a situation like this to bribe the other party.

"Okay okay," Lisa chuckled and patted her back to which Jennie let out a little cheer. "Guys- oh"

Lisa was quite startled seeing the glares from both her girlfriend and her best friend, Jisoo rolled her eyes discarding her sister from her girlfriend, and pushed Jennie to Roseanne to which Jennie protest with an "I love that calmness again bring that back". And "I'll sit with Lisa"

Took a while to make Jennie settle beside Roseanne, but Jisoo being herself insisted on taking a photo claiming on how Roseanne and Jennie doesn't have any photos together

Jennie started ranting about how she doesn't need a photo with Roseanne and how it was unnecessary while Roseanne just smiled and made a peace sign to pose.

Jisoo clicked the photo and Lisa laughed out loud seeing the giddy smile on her while Jennie is in the middle of talking.

"What the hell, unnie?"

"We look so cute, Jenbear" Roseanne clung closer to her, while Jennie shrugged her off.

Jisoo kept taking photos unbothered about the talk and rant from her little sister. Jennie barely survived the dinner because Lisa took her side sometimes.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧


"Princess?" Roseanne stepped in, with a low whisper yet Jennie can hear it. It was nearly bedtime so the blonde came to say goodbye to the brunette who is lying on the bed. "Are you still awake?"

"No" Jennie snarked and Roseanne placed the back of her hand to check the temperature when it was clear she sat next to her.

"Your fever is almost gone, it should be okay by tomorrow when you wake up"

"Ok" Jennie unconsciously leaned on the blonde's palm which cupped her cheek.

"But still, let me know if you feel something hurting in your body" Jennie hummed in response "like on your head or anything"

She hummed again.

"I won't hesitate to come back here"

"No need, I can handle myself"

"I know, but I will be here, princess. I will"

Jennie paused, looking at the sincerity in her eyes and her heart almost skipped a beat or two. Butterflies fluttered at their stomach and that three words were at the tip of her tongue. But...

"Can I ask you something?" Roseanne was taken back by the sudden question but still nodded "Tell me about your ex-girlfriend"

Roseanne's face immediately drop, her hold on Jennie's cheek loosened, and Jennie knew she should have kept shut. But she needs to hear it so at least she can sort out her feelings and move on.

"Was your breakup that rough?"

"I didn't break up with her"

"Then"

"She just-" Roseanne took a deep audible breath, and Jennie immediately sat up. "She is gone and she will never come back and I'm trying to accept that"

"Why? I don't understand" Jennie let that question out with a hesitation

"That, you don't need to know, princess" Roseanne smiled, and patted her cheek when Jennie pouted disappointed.

When Roseanne smiled at apologetically Jennie sighed and dropped the topic "Can you stay for a while?"

"Okay" Roseanne quickly accepted she didn't want to add anything more to Jennie's disappointment.

She went to turn off the bedside lamp when Jennie grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to the bed, her lower back hit the bed, and Jennie suddenly crawled near her, placing her head on Roseanne's chest, wrapping her hands on the blonde's waist and sighed.

Roseanne was caught off guard but looking at the petite figure cuddled on her every worry washed away from her. "Stay like this"

"So want to cuddle me all this time?" Roseanne giggled and wrapped her arms around the brunette in return.

"Tsk, don't make me kick you out of here" Jennie muttered, already feeling sleepy, her eyelids are dropping as she buried herself inside Roseanne.

"Okay"

Ten minutes later, when the moonlight was cascading through the light sheets from the window as Jennie curled in her embrace, they lay in contented silence, small quiet snores are heard from Jennie, as Roseanne her hair placing her chin on Jennie's crown.

"You know, I was actually planning on cooking something special today if Jisoo unnie didn't crash our night," Roseanne said, even though she know that Jennie was fast asleep on her chest "Well, there is tomorrow anyways. I'll make something really special for our date tomorrow night, princess. Your favorite meal, your favorite song, your favorite place, Everything you want, I'll do that just to make you happy" she covered both of them with the duvet and kissed Jennie's forehead. "Alright, princess?"

Jennie slurred in her sleep as if answering the question, Roseanne's heart swelled inside her chest.

"Before I go, I want to say I'm sorry" started to tighten but she didn't care about it. "I'm sorry that there are times that I thought about giving up, that I thought about leaving everything behind"

Her tears started to roll down her cheeks, but she only hugged Jennie tighter.

"I won't actually do it but just the fact that I even thought about it... It's just horrible, Jen"

"God, I hate myself, I promised that I'll be strong but look at me now" she gestured to herself "A ing crybaby"

Roseanne never wanted to say these things to Jennie, but When Jennie herself asked about the past, She can't take it anymore. She wants to burst out all of it but she knows the limit. She realized the reality of how nothing will ever come back the way it was, the regret is huge, but it is all the past now, she has to it up. Maybe At least she has to hold on for a few days before she let it all out.

"Anyways I am going now" she discards herself and gently places Jennie back on the bed. "I need to get up early tomorrow, to drive my princess to her work studio... Don't get tired of me okay? I'm not very strong at this but I'm trying my best. I really do, just... Bear with me, princess. I can do this"

She leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead and cheeks before tucking her in and soon Jennie nuzzled in the blanket. Roseanne has to restrain the urge to stay.

"Good night, my love"

───※ ·❆· ※───