Chapter 2

Seven Date nights

Jennie
UNNIE

Jisoo unnie
Yes baby sis

Jennie
I don't think I can do this anymore

Jisoo unnie
The what?

Jennie
This piece
The one I'm trying to make for my gallery
I don't know what to do anymore
I'm running out of ideas

Jisoo unnie
Hey, don't beat yourself too much
It's not like you have to rush it
You still have a few days to complete it

Jennie
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure, My agent will ask for some progress by now
AND I HAVEN'T EVEN DONE ANYTHING YET
What I'm supposed to show them
These scraps I made?

Jisoo unnie
Want me to talk to them?

Jennie
Don't use your CEO card on me 😀

Jisoo unnie
Okay okay calm down munchkin, I saw the scrap you are talking about
And they are alreadyΒ  awesome
What more if you've finally succeeded in making your piece?
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be LEGENDARY

Jennie
You are saying this because I'm your baby sister

Jisoo unnie
True
And I also know my baby sister is the best in the world

Jennie
AwπŸ₯Ί

Jisoo unnie
No more sulking Jendeuk, now get back to work
You still have a date to prepare after
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Jennie
Pls don't
I'm trying to forget about that

Jisoo unnie
Well, you can't
That girl is too persistent
And it's not like you don't enjoy this much attention from her
If I have known any better, I'd say you secretly love it

Jennie
I Secretly what?
You're kidding, right?

Jisoo unnie
Nope, I'm not

Jennie
I...
Ugh
I don't care, she already brainwashed you

Jisoo unnie
Just admit it, Jen

Jennie
There is nothing to admit

Jisoo unnie
Oh really tho

Jennie
Yes really
You know what? I'm just gonna go back to work
And you... Go back to whatever it is you're busy doing instead of siding with that matchstick

Jisoo unnie
Look, you are defensive

Jennie
No, I'm not

Jisoo unnie
Sure, you are not

━━━━━━━━━━━

Park - Kims - Manoban family

Jennie
Stop brainwashing my sister, Roseanne
Oh , a group chat
Wait...since when this group chat exists?

Roseanne
What? What did I do?

Jisoo
Nothing, she is just being defensive

Jennie
THAT, that what you did

Roseanne
Huh? What exactly

Jisoo
Message me I'll tell you all about it

Jennie
UNNIE

Roseanne
Sending you one

Jennie
Ugh, whatever, message each other I don't care

Roseanne
Aww, someone is jealous

Jennie
In your dreams

βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§

"Are you ready princess?" Roseanne again got into the studio without waiting for permission and went to Jennie like she owns the place. Jennie quietly groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, sure," she said packing her bags and getting her coat "where are you taking me anyways"

"It's a secret" she grinned, taking the bag from Jennie, "But you'll love it there"

"Tsk, secret, I swear Roseanne if you kidnap me I'll report you to the police, I have my sister on speed dial"

"Chill, I'm not gonna kidnap you"

"Yeah, right"

Then, the drive started with a scowling girl, and Roseanne being Roseanne never shut up throughout till they reached one of the elite restaurants in the town, Roseanne opened the door for her.

"How can your afford this place?"

"Baby??" She clenched her chest in an offended manner, as she gasped "Your hubby is pretty rich"

"But, you would have told us before we got here, that we can stop by my house on the way and changes my clothes into a more fancy one" she pouted indicating her outfit "Flannel and joggers, are you kidding me?"

"You look cute, baby girl" Roseanne smiled at her, not minding the glare from the brunette. Jennie rolled her eyes before walking toward the restaurant.

"The food better be good"

After a good amount of time, Roseanne can't hold back her smile at how the brunette is enjoying herself in the place and can't stop the rant and the smile on her face. Roseanne know this will happen Jennie always loved this restaurant and the cozy feel of the surrounding provides, she just always wants to see the brunette like this.

"You are enjoying it," Roseanne said, leaning her face at the back of her hand, admiring the brunette, Jennie perk up at that and looked at the blonde who is not hiding her giddy smile directed towards her. Suddenly a blush creeps up her cheeks and she looks away.

"The food is just good" she looked out the window, feeling a weird buzz on her chest, and the heat rising on her body

Did the blonde always have this effect on me?

"Just say you love it"

"No" Roseanne laughed and was distracted when the waiter placed the cheque. Jennie peeked at the price and she swears that's too much, But Roseanne didn't show any surprise on her face, she just casually placed her card and gave it to the waiter.

"You know I run my own company, don't act surprised" Jennie's eyes widen at that, and suddenly Roseanne got the realization too. Jennie didn't know that, she kinda always thought that her work just pays a lot.

"I didn't know that, you stupid," she said nonchalantly, she doesn't want to get casual and get closer to the blonde, she need to get her together with those occasional feelings towards her. And also don't want Roseanne to annoy her more of course. "Stop flexing yourself"

"Yeah, sorry" she was surprised when no snarky comments were thrown toward her and The Blonde's expression was a little sad, she decides to not comment on that.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I had fun" Jennie pushed her face away when Roseanne bent to reach eye level. She also knows this gesture is used to mock her height "Thanks for hanging out with me tonight, I appreciate it"

"It's not like I have any choice" she rolled her eyes, ready to turn away and enter her house.

"Come on it's not that bad"

"I didn't say it was"

"So you think it's good" she exclaimed, eyes glowing comically with hopefulness.Β 

"I didn't say it was that either"

"Well, either way, I had fun, and I hope you do too, I'm gonna go now, see you tomorrow, princess" Roseanne quickly leaned and placed a kiss on her cheeks before running away, not minding the protest the brunette throws, Jennie wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand with distaste, Roseanne winked at her before waving at her. As the car moves from the driveway.

Once Jennie closed the front door behind her. She touched her cheeks and she can feel the kiss again.

"Maybe I lied a little bit"

βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§

The annoying sound of her alarm woke Jennie up from her sleep the next day.Β  Her body felt so weak and it took her fifteen seconds before she had the energy to move and stood up. She went to her dresser and looked at herself in the mirror, slapping herself when the thought of Roseanne and their date her last night slipped on her mind.

She didn't enjoy it. She can't.Β 

Roseanne was nothing but an annoying walking matchstick to her and she couldn't possibly be more than that. She couldn't possibly be more than an annoying raggedy girl who's obsessed with vexing her every chance she gets. No. She couldn't. And Jennie couldn't possibly be secretly enjoying her presence her and the way she's charming her with those smiles.

Jennie shook her head. This is insane. Why am I even thinking like this?

Giving herself one last look, Jennie dragged her body into her bathroom to finally take a shower. Maybe that'll drift her mind away from all these insane thoughts in her pretty little head. She rummaged through her closet to find something to wear for today, hands pulling through her favorite hoodies to pick something out of her chosen color for today.Β  Settling for blue, she slid the hoodie at her tiny body with only a black tee shirt underneath.

She hurried down to get breakfast. And because she's not feeling that hungry, Jennie just settled for a coffee and two pieces of oatmeal cookie. After being done preparing and fixing herself, she grabbed her phone from the counter and quickly sent her sister a text, asking her if she was already on her way. Checking the time on her wristwatch, she started heading to the door, glancing around as she did that to make sure she didn't forget anything.

And when she's certain she didn't, she finally stepped out of the door only to get wrapped up in thin, long arms. and felt herself lifted up from the ground

Jennie's eyes widened in surprise.

"Good morning, my little dumpling." Roseanne greeted with a grin. "How's your sleep?"

"Great" Jennie grumbled, pushing Roseanne away. "But my morning isn't."

"Aw, why is that?"

"Cause you're here now." Jennie hissed, walking away from her.

Roseanne pouted for a second before catching up to her, falling into step beside the tiny girl. "Well, that's not very nice."

"What do you want?" Jennie snarled, ignoring her pouting. "Don't you think it's too early for you to be bothering me right now?"

"I'm not here to bother you. I'm here to drive you to your studio." Jennie halted to a stop. "And why would I let you do that?"

"Because Jisoo's busy? And she wouldn't be able to drive you there?"

"Ugh. Not again."Jennie groaned, checking her phone for Jisoo's messages.

None.

"What is she getting busy about."

Roseanne shrugged. "Work. Lisa. You know, usual Jisoo stuff."

Another groan escaped from Jennie's lips and she stomped her way out of her yard in annoyance and into the streets. Roseanne was quick enough to block her way.

"Woah. Where are you going?"

"To my studio. On my own," she emphasizes, trying to get away from Roseanne's line of sight.

Roseanne held her in place "Why?"

"What do you mean why?" Jennie asked in irritation, brushing off Roseanne's hands.

Roseanne just shrugged. "Why take the streets when you can take the Benz?" she said, motioning her head at her black Mercedes Benz.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I'd rather take the streets if it meant being away from you." she stuck her tongue out. Roseanne giggled in return. "Besides, I think it'll be good for my body. A little exercise won't hurt. So if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of walking to do and you're kinda blocking my way."

"Nope," Roseanne continued to block her, even spreading her arms wide as if that'll help. Jennie scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Roseanne."

"Your studio's six miles away from here, it would take you forever to get there"

"Just a few minutes"

"A few hours, you mean"

Jennie knew Roseanne was right but remained her face unbothered to show superiority toward the tall girl. "So?"

"So," Roseanne grabbed her hand, making Jennie yelp in surprise. She gently dragged her to her car and stopped in front of the door

"What the hell-"

"Take the Benz so you won't have to walk for hours. I promise I'll leave after I drop you off "

"And you won't talk to me on the way?"

"Of course, I'd talk to you. What are we, the Silence?"

"Then I guess I'll just walk to my- "

"Okay, okay, fine" Roseanne caught her arm. "I won't talk to you ... much"

Jennie looked at her for a second, contemplating, then she playfully slapped Roseanne's cheeks. The latter yelped in surprise. "M'kay," she said, walking to open the car door, but, as usual, Roseanne beat her to it, guiding Jennie as she entered the passenger's seat.

Roseanne entered the driver's seat as well, pushing the start button to finally be on their way to Jennie's studio.

And even though Roseanne said she wouldn't talk much, she kinda did as she can't help but tell Jennie stories about her work and how she saw a cat looking like Jennie on the way. Jennie just lay her head on the window and forced herself to listen to Roseanne's babbling and teasing. It's kinda entertaining if she's being honest, and it's not like her voice is that annoying. Roseanne's voice is very alluring, it's just that her constant need of annoying her makes it so hard for her to focus on that instead.

Twelve minutes had passed and they finally reached her studio. Jennie was removing her seatbelt when Roseanne asked her.

"So what's our plan for tonight?" Jennie grabbed her phone from the dashboard, almost knocking off the tiny music box lying beside it. She stopped for a moment then she turned to look at Roseanne. "I don't know. You're the one who thought of this in the first place."

Roseanne hummed. "Hmm. What do you think of bowling then?"

"Sounds great. I could totally throw one of the bowling balls in your face" Jennie answered before stepping out.

"Sweet. Bowling, it is!" Roseanne exclaimed in excitement, watching as Jennie entered the place. When she saw she was already inside, safe and sound, she finally drove off, leaving Jennie chuckling behind that wall.

βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§β‹„β‹†β‹…β‹†β‹„βœ§

Park-Kims-manoban family

Roseanne
I'm taking your sister to bowl after work Jisoo, so I'm picking her up

Lisa
Well, you kinda doing it for a while now.
Drop her on and off from work I mean

Jisoo
You are going bowling without me? Jendeuk πŸ₯Ί

Jennie
It's for our "date night" thing I don't
have a choice

Jisoo
Ooh, that sounds like a great idea, can Lisa and I tag along

Roseanne
NO

Jennie
YES

Roseanne
JISOO KIM

Jisoo
What? I love to go bowling

Jennie
Yeah, unnie loves to go bowling, why are you stopping her

Lisa
We can't go bowling baby, we have a reservationπŸ˜†

Roseanne
Yeah, you can't go bowling baby

Jisoo
Aw

Jennie
You are such a killjoy, Lalisa

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lili❀️
Leave the two lovebirds alone babe

Chu❀️
But I want to go bowling too πŸ₯Ί

Lili❀️
And we would
Tomorrow if you want

Chu❀️
REALLY??

Lili❀️
Yeah
Just tell me what time so I can get off work

Chu❀️
Okay☺️
You are the best baby
Love you πŸ’›

Lili❀️
Love you too baby
Now go back to work
I'm bringing lunch later

Chu❀️
And donuts
I'm craving for some

Lili❀️
Noted ma'am.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Roseanne
Lisa

Lisa
What?

Roseanne
Do you perhaps remember the time when Jennie and you went bowling?

Lisa
Oh, you mean the one during college

Roseanne
Yeah, I think she liked the place so much, she once talked nonstop about doing it again, I think it may help Jennie to...you know

Lisa
I know, and that's a good idea, Roseanne, I'll text the address in the evening
Now I can't, cause I'm feeding my baby lunch, soo later.
Good luck

Roseanne
Thanks
And eww

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Park-Kims-manoban family

Lisa
Someone is really bitter being a lone
Nini, please come and get your girl

Jennie
Yuck, she is not my girl

Roseanne
But, I'm...your girl JenbearπŸ₯Ί

Lisa
Oof, sorry my bad Roseanne

Roseanne
Shut up lalisa

───※ ·❆· ※───