three plus one

i just want to talk about you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

description: three times winter asked karina to marry her and each time the latter said yes, and the one time she said no.

- fluff

 

 

 

1 (Age: 7 & 6) Playground

 

“Marry me.”

 

Jimin blinked at Minjeong, lips pressed tightly together as she tried to process the words that just came out of her best friend's mouth. 

 

“Right now?” Jimin asked, dropping her sunflower on the muddy ground. 

 

The older girl pouted as her sunflower got swallowed by the mud. 

 

Ah, Kim Minjeong.

 

She loved that sunflower! Minjeong gave it to her earlier, and she really loved it— promised to even take care of it forever, but now...now it was gone. Her shoulders slumped down when she realized that Minjeong didn't even care nor see the devastated look on her face.

 

Minjeong nodded then suddenly kneeled down to untie the laces of her shoe, her eyebrows furrowing in concentration. As for Jimin, she just watched the younger girl in silence—trying her very best to stop herself from squealing at how adorable Minjeong looked in front of her, all serious and concentrated. 

 

She was supposed to be angry at Minjeong for making her drop her sunflower!

 

But...but Minjeong was just so cute. Like a puppy. Jimin's adorable little puppy.

 

When Minjeong was finally done with her task, she didn't even bother standing back up anymore. Instead, she just shifted her leg up, so now she was kneeling on one knee. “Marry me.”

 

“Why?”

 

Minjeong shrugged then glanced down at the shoelace in her hand. “So we can be together forever. Mommy said so.”

 

Jimin didn't know how marriage really works, but hey, she trusted Minjeong's mom because Mama Kim is a grown up, and grown ups knows everything. Besides, she wanted to be with Minjeong forever anyway. 

 

So she simply nodded her head. “Okay. I will marry you.”

 

And the wide gummy smile that Minjeong had given her as soon as she said those words was worth every mudded sunflowers.

 

-

 

2 (Age: 17 & 16) Jimin's room

 

 

“Rinaaa!” 

 

Jimin groaned in annoyance, closing her eyes and covering her ears as a poor attempt to block out Minjeong's, her best friend, obnoxious loud voice. She had been whining for Jimin's attention for almost two hours now, and God, Jimin wanted to smack her in the head so bad.

 

“What?”

 

“Let's do something!”

 

“Minjeong, I am doing something.” Jimin tapped her book with her pen just to point out that she was studying.

 

Minjeong huffed like a child, and even went as far as crossing her arms with a pout. “You've been staring at that book for hours now! Aren't you bored? Because I am!”

 

“Correction, reading. I'm reading. Not just staring.” Jimin faced Minjeong, who was carelessly laid there on Jimin's bed like she owned it. “Also, if you're bored, why don't you do something else rather than annoying me?”

 

“Nothing is better than annoying you.” Minjeong chuckled as she sat up to smile teasingly at Jimin, who was sitting in front of her study table. “Plus, you invited me here. The least that you can do is entertain me.”

 

Jimin shook her head then sighed deeply. “I'm not a clown.”

 

“You look like one.” Minjeong retorted before standing up then stretched her body—Jimin immediately turned her gaze back to her book just to avoid peeking at the skin that was exposed when Minjeong's shirt had ridden up a little. 

 

She didn't bother replying anymore when Minjeong decided to walk around her room like it was some kind of an art exhibit. It wasn't a rare occurrence anyway. She was used to it.

 

Minjeong liked exploring each corner of Jimin's room even if she'd been there for more than a hundred times now. Jimin never really understood the reason behind it, but it was Minjeong. She didn't need any reasons.

 

Silence filled the room moments after that. 

 

Jimin even managed to focus back to her book, but that minute was immediately cut short when Minjeong's loud footsteps stopped behind her back.

 

She just sighed in defeat before turning around to face Minjeong again.

 

“What now?” Jimin bit back a smile when she was greeted by the excited grin on her best friend's face.

 

“Marry me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Minjeong grinned even wider before kneeling down on one knee in front of Jimin. “Yu Jimin, will you marry me?”

 

“Minjeong—”

 

“Look!” Minjeong then pulled out a ring—a paper ring and almost shoved it in Jimin's face. “I made it!”

 

Jimin rolled her eyes, acting as if she was annoyed at Minjeong for wasting too much of her time, but in reality, she was anything but. She was just fond. So fond of Minjeong and her little paper ring. “You disappeared for five seconds and came back with a paper ring.”

 

“Paper rings.” Minjeong corrected then pulled out another paper ring from—Jimin had no idea where she hid them. “So, marry me?”

 

“Just so you know, we've been engaged for the second time now.”

 

“Yeah, I am aware.” Minjeong replied. “So? Yes or no, Jimin?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why not? Just say yes, Jimin.”

 

“We're not even in a romantic relationship, Winter.” there. Jimin finally used the nickname th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter