truth potion

i just want to talk about you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

description: a gauche thousand year old witch accidentally drank a truth potion. 

she ends up having a girlfriend.

 

- fluff 

 

 

A witch.

 

That's what she is.

 

A sharp-witted supernatural being that lived for more than thousand years and witnessed the different false hoped ephemeral utopia the world had shifted through time. She knows perfectly just how this land works like the back of her hand, and can easily wreak havoc in a single snap. 

 

In short, she's an old and powerful witch.

 

And old powerful witches should know how to read. 

 

Karina's sudden miscalculation says otherwise though.

 

“But in my defense, they looked pretty similar.” 

 

Ningning frowns incredulously, then places the flask down on the table. “Red and blue are not similar, Jimin.”

 

“They're both primary colors. Basically the same thing!” Karina defends herself.

 

The two of them are inside the girl's restroom (which, for some odd reason, Karina finds herself feeling more comfortable enough to practice witchcraft) at Ningning's school where Karina decided to enroll two years ago just because she was bored and thought it'd be fun to outsmart the teachers.

 

“This one specifically says,” Ningning lifts up the other flask from Karina's mess of a table, “‘TRUTH POTION. DO NOT DRINK.’ And what did you do?”

 

“I drank it, but,” with both of her palms raised up, facing Ningning as a weak attempt of preventing the woman from throwing the flask at her, Karina straightens up, “I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad, right? It's just a truth potion! It'll wear out in probably just an hour.”

 

“Three hours.”

 

Karina lets out a facetious laugh, “Right. Three hours. What else could possibly happen in three hours?”

 

“Murder, arson, theft, robbery–”

 

“I'm a witch! Not a criminal.”

 

“Well, at least I know you're telling the truth.” Ningning shrugs albeit wearily, then pauses. Karina silently observes her, waiting for her to say something. Which, she soon did. “So, how… How does this whole thing work then?”

 

“Uhm,” Karina trails off. “it's a truth potion. Pretty self explanatory.”

 

“Oh, then–”

 

“And your shoes are so hideous and it makes me want to close my eyes forever and never open them again–” quick pause, “oh, – I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that out loud!” Karina immediately covers with her palm. 

 

Ningning blinks at Karina, then consciously looks down on her shoes. “You said they were cute!”

 

They are! Is what Karina wanted to say.

 

“I lied!” is what Karina replied.

 

Scoffing in indignation, Ningning shakes her head then crosses her arms. “Wow. I can't believe y–”

 

“Ning! Let's go–oh,” Giselle's enthusiasm dissipates and morphs into curiosity. She carefully drops her duffle bag on the floor and makes her way to where Karina and Ningning are currently standing. “What's going on?”

 

“I accidentally drank a truth potion that says "DO NOT DRINK" on its flask because I thought it was a sleeping potion. The sign was in an Arial font. Italicized and bold.” Karina says immediately that even she herself wasn't able to keep up. 

 

Surprised, she smacks her forehead instantly and looks at Giselle with wide eyes. 

 

“A truth potion?”

 

“Yep.” Karina nods.

 

Giselle decides to take a look around the place, then stares at both Ningning and Karina. “Why are you even practicing witchcraft in the girl's restroom?” she asks casually.

 

Uchinaga Aeri, or Giselle as she prefers to be called, is one of the few friends Karina has made during her ‘Sophomore’ year, along with Ningning, Ryujin, Seulgi, and… well, Winter. 

 

These are the only people who are aware of her background as a thousand year old witch (along with her biological much older sister, Irene), so she guesses that it's safe to say that Karina really trusts these girls with her life.

 

It's convenient. “I was bored.” 

 

She misses being able to lie.

 

“So you drank a truth potion?”

 

“No.” Karina simply shakes her head and doesn't even elaborate. “But somehow, I did.”

 

“That means you can't lie, then?”

 

“Pretty much.”

 

“Oh?”

 

Then Giselle smirks.

 

She's planning something, Karina can tell.

 

“Ning, are you thinking what I'm thinking?”

 

Ningning pulls her gaze away from her hideous shoes then looks up at Giselle.

 

“Buy new shoes–”

 

“Hey, guys!” a voice interrupts.

 

Ryujin.

 

Karina groans internally.

 

“I told you to wait for me!” yells another voice that comes after Ryujin.

 

Winter.

 

Karina smiles involuntarily. 

 

She's just really fond of Winter, okay?

 

“Ryujin! What are you doing here?” Giselle asks in surprise. 

 

Ryujin shrugs then pats Winter's shoulder. “Winter said she wanted to meet you guys, and I just tagged along.”

 

“God, I hate your new bangs. Please, get rid of it.” Karina suddenly says.

 

Winter's brows lift up as she adjusts her own hair, then quietly glances at Ryujin.

 

“Excuse me?” Ryujin gasps, visibly offended by Karina's remark. 

 

Ningning laughs at the wounded look on Ryujin's face. “She didn't mean it.”

 

“Oh, I meant it.” Karina clears up. 

 

“She does.” Giselle adds before nodding her head towards Winter's direction, but not saying anything specifically. “Hey, Karina,” she turns to the witch. “What do you think of Winter?”

 

Ningning's eyes widens, then she looks down, knowing damn well what's about to happen once Karina opens .

 

Karina really tried her best to prevent herself from spilling anything weird, but God damn it, “You are so attractive in your uniform, and it makes me want to cry sometimes.”

 

Jesus. Karina wants to turn herself into a goo and simply just exist with no shame and senses or whatsoever. 

 

She can't believe she just said that...right in front of Winter.

 

Confused, Winter turns her gaze to Giselle apprehensively. “Um–”

 

“I'm so sorry!” Karina says instantly, an apologetic look on her face. 

 

This is so much more embarrassing than that one time when she almost got decapitated in front of everybody in 1692. 

 

“What's going on?” Ryujin butts in. 

 

“Karina drank a truth potion.” Ningning answers. 

 

“Oh.” Is Winter's short reply. She gives Karina a sympathetic look, then she awkwardly points her thumb back to the door. “Um, do you guys need anything then?”

 

“No, just you– oh, my God,” Karina facepalms, and Ningning immediately went to hug her while Ryujin and Giselle are bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter