reasons why you shouldn't fall in love with winter kim

i just want to talk about you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

description: Karina Yu's reasons why you should never fall in love with Winter Kim.

— fluff

 

 

Reason number one: She's Winter Kim

 

Don't get her wrong; Karina does not have the slightest issue with Winter Kim's personality—not even with her reputation around the campus. She's not “infamous” for it, nor is she known for being a total saint. Because, if Karina is being honest, Winter Kim is not known for anything. 

 

At all.

 

Throughout the years, Winter Kim hasn't done anything that may possibly attract the attention of the student body. Most of the time, she's just… there. She just exists, and that's about it. 

 

Winter Kim mostly keeps to herself, hence her current social status—nothing.

 

Nevertheless, you have to listen to what Karina Yu has to say.

 

 

 

Reason number two: She's Winter Kim and she doesn't pay attention when someone is talking to her

 

There's one more thing that Karina Yu forgot to mention.

 

Winter Kim is a part of a friend group. 

 

Karina Yu's friend group, to be more specific.

 

This friend group also contains a hyperactive Ningning (her bloodstream is made out of 100% caffeine), and the always so horror-stricken Giselle (she's just really scared of bugs).

 

And right now, hyperactive Ningning is way too busy with her essay back at the library to entertain the always so horror-stricken Giselle and her stupid nonsensical anecdote, which naturally left Karina Yu and Winter Kim as her audience by default.

 

Scratch that.

 

Karina Yu is her only audience by default.

 

Because apparently, Winter Kim has the attention span of a lion hunting for its prey.

 

Which is supposedly a good thing if she isn't so obsessed with whatever it is that's going on with Karina Yu's side profile.

 

“And I honestly can't believe it when he— wait,” Giselle pauses mid-sentence, her eyes training on Winter, horrified. “Rina, can you ask your lap dog to not… do that? It's freaking me out.”

 

“Hey!” Winter finally, finally finds it within herself to detach her gaze away from Karina, and is now glaring at Giselle.

 

Karina rolls her eyes jokingly, a teasing smile drawing itself on her lips as she playfully smacks Winter's forehead. “Giselle is telling us a story,”

 

“Giselle is telling you a story.” Winter corrects her. “I wasn't listening.”

 

“Because you're too busy ogling my best friend's jawline!”

 

“Actually, it's not ogling if there's nothing going on in there,” Karina says as she lightly knocks on her head. “It's just her being a weirdo,” she adds, wiggling her eyebrows at Winter.

 

Winter feigns a gasp, placing a hand against her chest. “You wound me, Karina Yu.”

 

Karina giggles, pats Winter's puffed cheeks, and then she blows her a flying kiss—which Winter successfully dodges albeit gently.

 

And Giselle, no longer horrified, strikes out a fake gagging sound, earning a sarcastic laugh from Winter and a smug smile from Karina.

 

 

 

Reason number three: She's Winter Kim and she's a thief

 

“Is that mine?” 

 

Karina Yu gives Winter Kim a once over as soon as the girl comes up to her pace. They're on their way to their first class for the day when she recognizes something that's just so familiar about Winter's attire. It's almost like she's seen it before. Inside a closet. That she owns. 

 

“No?” Winter frowns, casting her gaze downwards to look at what she's wearing. “Why? Does it have your name on it?”

 

Karina nods her head slowly. “Yes.”

 

Arms crossed and a raised eyebrow, Winter looks at Karina. “Then why is it in my closet?” 

 

“I don't know, Winter. ” Karina sighs. She just knows how this conversation is going to end. “Why is it?”

 

“I don't know, Karina.” Winter shrugs nonchalantly, “Maybe because it isn't yours?”

 

Oh, Karina is so going to lose that sweater. She can't help but groan inwardly. How many times has she lost most of her belongings to this girl again? 

 

Probably more than twice.

 

Times a hundred.

 

And a thousand more.

 

“It literally says my last name on the back.”

 

“But did you see the number? It says number one-one.” Winter has the nerve to turn around and show the back of the sweater. Yu. 11.

 

“It's eleven.” says Karina as a matter of fact. 

 

“January 1. One-one. My birthday.”

 

“Your last name isn't Yu though.” 

 

Winter stops walking, Karina does too. 

 

And just as she was beginning to think that she was going to win this game for real and that her friendly opponent was finally conceding for the first time, Winter Kim suddenly said something so absurd that Karina Yu nearly died.

 

“Well, not yet.” Winter smirks, standing her ground as Karina loses her footing.

 

Yeah. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter