pennies and dimes for a kiss

i just want to talk about you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

description: karina is sick, and she's a hundred percent sure that winter's kiss is the only cure.

 

 

 

Realistically speaking, this is stupid. Like a clock working counter-clockwise kind of stupid.

 

But in her defense, Winter doesn't seem to have any problem with it. In fact, as far as Karina's delusions can go, she even indulges the stupidity of it all—and Karina's delusions go very far. So one can guess what that means for Karina's inability to satiate and Winter's ability to spoil Karina in spite of all the weirdness that has been lingering around the air for a while now.

 

It hasn't always been like this, really.

 

As a matter of fact, this—whatever this is, stemmed from a miscalculation on Winter's part.

 

Quite literally.

 

The two of them were in the living room of Karina's dorm at that time, and honestly, she was doing a pretty good job at ignoring the recurring urge to propose to her best friend right then and there.

 

Well, that was until Winter decided to be terrible at Calculus that one specific night (mind you, she was a Mathlete in high school).

 

“Karina, I don't understand how to solve this,” Winter had whined, and Karina almost died at how adorable it was.

 

So Karina, being the best best friend to ever exist in the whole wide world (It was Winter who gave her that title), stood up from where she was comfortably sitting and sat next to a Mathematically Challenged Winter on the floor. 

 

“What is it?” she had asked coolly, disregarding the fact that she never understood anything that has jumbled numbers and letters with agonizing symbols in it.

 

The younger girl smiled at her, and started telling her what seemed to be the problem until Karina almost became the problem herself. To her relief, she was able to help Winter with the assistance of this magic called YouTube, and just like that, Karina, The Best Best Friend Ever, saved the day.

 

Winter had looked at her gratefully and thanked her, and then, all of a sudden, she leaned in and kissed Karina.

 

Only on her forehead, but a kiss is a kiss! 

 

Of course, it would have an effect on Karina's poor heart, and much to her dismay (not really), it was not a one time thing—not even a silly little fluke on her best friend's academically filled system.

 

It became a regular thing.

 

Because, based on her observation (delusions), Winter would only kiss her (again, her forehead and occasionally, her cheeks) if one, she was feeling grateful, and two, if Karina herself would ask for it (she learned it the hard way). 

 

It was all fun and games until Karina got a little too comfortable doing the latter, and Winter being Winter was no help. Like, at all.

 

Karina would ask for a kiss, Winter would give her one.

 

It was so easy and so freaking dangerous that it could seriously deteriorate her already delusive brain.

 

And that's how she ended up here.

 

Alone, dying, and delusional.

 

Isn't she a triple threat?

 

“Karina?” a familiar, always so gentle voice calls from a distance, “Hey, I came as soon as you called.”

 

“Thank God,” Karina grumbles, her head aching from each sound she hears from her best friend's shoes. “I'm dying, Winter.”

 

“Sure, you are,” Winter humors her as she moves around the place to get everything she needs. “I already got you some chicken, but Giselle made you a soup, as well. Ning got you something too—I don't know what it is, exactly, but—”

 

“Winter, will you kiss me?” All of her inhibition and sense of reality just bid her goodbye and d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter