CHAPTER 1

Unexpected

“So… Are you sure about this?... I mean… You know… You’re, like, busy with a lot of stuff… I wouldn’t  want to get in the way…” Haebin said.

“Of course I am!” I answered “What are best friends for? And, Haebin, come on. We’ve planned this since we were, like what, six? I am so not going to miss your wedding! And, the heck with it, I wouldn’t  want someone else to plan it!”

“Aww… Thanks _______! You’re the best!”

“I know I am.”

“So, I’ll take care of everything. Airline tickets, accommodations, and everything we’ll need while we’re there. I’ll contact you as soon as everything’s prepared.”

“Okay. Just let me know if you need any help.”

“I’m pretty sure I can manage.”

“Okay. Bye Haebin! See you soon!”

“Bye _______! See you!”

 

Then I hung up.

 

A brief background of me: I am Choi ________. I’m twenty-five  years old. I have my own event organizing company; we plan parties, weddings and other events and functions. I’m a marketing graduate from Cube University. I’m a local resident of San Francisco California and I’m pretty sure I live a fulfilled life. So, anyway… Haebin and I met when we were six years old, back when we were still living at Japan. We were next door neighbours. Our moms became good friends, thus introducing us to each other. Since then, we couldn’t’t be kept apart. We were always together and all that. She was like the sister I never had.

 

As kids, we all had dreams. When I was young, I always wanted to be a party planner. Haebin wanted to be a flight attendant. We followed our dreams. I took up marketing in college, she took up tourism. We jumped up high, and reached our dreams. We got what we want, and we’re not letting go that easily.

 

Thinking about it, I feel left out. Haebin’s getting married in a matter of weeks. She’ll soon have her own little family and… okay… this is depressing… change topic… Anyway, Haebin and I had our fair share of boyfriends since high school and all throughout college… Nothing was ever serious with her. Even when she was already working, nothing got too serious since she was always away on different flights.

 

Until a year and a half ago, when she met Kai… People say that when you meet “the one” for you. There would be like an instant spark. That’s what happened to her and Kai. Kai was a business class passenger during one of her flights. When they saw each other, it was love at first sight, for both of them. Of course, it was the first time they met each other, so shyness was still creeping in. As we all know, passengers would sooner or later get off the plane. As they landed in New York, Van was sad; she might not see him again. Kai, in turn, asked for a sign, if he were to ever meet her again, he’ll take a chance.

 


A/N: How was that? Nonsense? LOL.